00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VELA-VE just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best Game OSTs from NG?

446 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Put some shoutouts here to your favorite soundtracks on NG from games that are also on NG!

I’ll start.

I think there’s a recurring theme here for aggressive beats with cool electronic sounds.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Best Game OSTs from NG? 2023-09-19 13:58:33 (edited 2023-09-19 14:01:40)

you are so correct for including noisemama and milkypossum. this is also the first time Im personally hearing this ComposerEvans track and now I must thank you for making this happen

heres an assorted handful of some of my faves:

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/sexy-potatoman

Response to Best Game OSTs from NG? 2023-09-23 07:42:40 (edited 2023-09-23 07:43:17)

Another favorite is here!

I just played “Madness: The Battering” last night, and I absolutely loved the music by @TeraVex (who I saw got mentioned in Connor’s post too!) I really hope the OST gets released by itself too, so I can keep listening.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Game OSTs from NG? 2023-09-23 11:12:00

At 9/18/23 07:30 PM, Thetageist wrote: Put some shoutouts here to your favorite soundtracks on NG from games that are also on NG!

This is going back a ways but I enjoyed the Smoking Zombies soundtrack so much that I made a playlist for it.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best Game OSTs from NG? 2023-09-23 11:54:31 (edited 2023-09-23 12:00:27)

Some easy answers would be:

But I’m partial to Shoot Trip Die’s OST:

(@milkypossum should really post the rest of the music they did for the game it’s NUTS)

Hmm, and the Impossible Quiz Book chapters have good taste in music too, I remember liking Splapp’s audio portal choices a lot when I was younger.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Game OSTs from NG? 2023-09-23 12:06:44

Either the Riddle School games or The Fancy Pants Adventures.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to Best Game OSTs from NG? 2023-09-23 12:11:30 (edited 2023-09-23 12:12:53)

At 9/23/23 12:06 PM, BoiledMilkz wrote: Either the Riddle School games or The Fancy Pants Adventures.

I was gonna mention the Riddle School games!

Including this piece that was picked out for the cancelled Transfer plans, but went unused:

BBS Signature

Response to Best Game OSTs from NG? 2023-09-23 20:10:47 (edited 2023-09-23 20:15:13)

Bullet Audyssey and the Epic Battle Fantasy series. Phyrnna absolutely crushed the music for EBF3. I didn't play EBF4 and the sequels that much in comparison, but I imagine those were great too.

Not sure if the former counts because I don't believe the soundtracks were custom made for the game, but I first discovered them through the game so it counts to me.

There's also Sunny Seaside Harbor which I know I heard first in some game, but the audio listing doesn't show it (I don't think it was Cannon Blaster 2, although I did play it later):

Edit: converted tracks to playlists to save space. Also I can't believe I completely forgot about Newgrounds Rumble! That game had an amazing set of loops.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Best Game OSTs from NG? 2023-10-06 19:44:39

@ConnorGrail has come out with another banger! I swear, the music is half the reason why I keep coming back to play this game even though it kicks my ass.

BBS Signature