00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art

7,975 Views | 175 Replies
Respond to this Topic

At 9/6/23 05:19 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Similarly, if blogs retained full image resolution and let you view images fullscreen, they would do a lot of what people have been wanting in the Art Portal... As each feature becomes more robust, it all sort of converges. The more I think about it the more my sanity slips away.

You can embed movies from the Movies Portal into your blog post so, in theory, if art posts receive the full text editor, it might be possible to embed a full interactive Flash toy just underneath the panel of a comic.

[1] - [2]

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 17:32:24

Yesss this is awesome!! πŸŽ‰

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 17:54:48

Epic

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 18:19:55

Awesome! Finally, I have no excuse not to work on my comic.

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 18:31:29

Awesome! Been waiting for something like this!

I do the big draw. You can see all my big draws here. (Warning: Some NSFW)

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 18:35:47

AAHH The gallery options are awesome!! Love to see it

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 18:42:46

holy moly, newgrounds wit da comic update, I should get back to work on mine

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 18:55:11

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY

just another gay dude on the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 19:00:11

iu_1070319_8136952.gif LESS GO iu_1070320_8136952.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 19:17:55

AWWWW YEAHHHHHHH

[ welcome to the twisted reality ]

[ TZX0 ]

[ youtube | twitter | tumblr ]

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 19:23:33

At 9/6/23 04:16 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/6/23 04:10 PM, GENC wrote: Any chance for Galleries or multi image options to be kept separate from art? I'm thinking about having comics be their own section on peoples pages so people don't have to scroll through art to find collections of comics!
At some point down the road we'll have to consider the option of Comics getting a unique tab on user pages, vs lumping them in with the other art categories under the Art tab.

Alright! Webcomics Wave~ The plans are looking good, @TomFulp and @PsychoGoldfish. I really like the ability to mark certain pages different ratings. This is awesome since the contest I've been teasing for a while will be starting NEXT WEEK, and since I'm posting in this topic, I think y'all know what topic might be. ;D

Are you going to have a way to allow people to easily link to the next and previous chapters? Or is that something we'll have to do in the comment section for now? Or just link to a playlist?

@Dungeonation I know! It's coming! It's coming! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 19:44:49

Thank you Tom for all the hard work you and the team put into maintaining the site. Its great to be a part of a website that gives its users what they actually want, and not what some corpo thinks will nickle and dime them the hardest.

@PsychoGoldfish as a fellow leftist, I trust you're considering the horrible bandwidth of the working class in flyover country and supporting in-order pre-loading or lazy loading. Something to help the poors.

Please don't have the more reading friendly layouts be like some terrible image based version of the "The Cask of Amontillado." For the love of God, Montresor!

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 20:01:47

This is the beginning of a new age.

See though, that means I need to actually make my stupid comics and upload them. I always knew Newgrounds was a curse.

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 20:24:55

HUUUUGE WIN ✌️

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 20:33:26

was really waiting for something like this to happen, might use this site more after this

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 20:46:45

it would be amazing if, for collabs, the piece would be avaliable for every integrant, like, person A and person B collabed, now you can see that collab in both person's art portal like if it was a normal post

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 20:50:51

iu_1070422_7622445.webp

Holy moly Tom I love you

I can't wait for this to drop man

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 20:52:29

OH LORD yes! Finally! I've waited for this day for so long! πŸ™

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 20:53:36

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 20:54:33

At 9/6/23 10:19 AM, TomFulp wrote: The Art Portal has some big updates coming and some of you might enjoy preparing something to have ready when the launch happens (launch date to be announced, or it might be a surprise).

In particular, the Art Portal will support true multi-image and allow for multi-author. This opens up the potential for all sorts of art collabs or individual multi-art projects.

When uploading multiple images, you will have three display options to choose from:

Inline - This will stack your images vertically, with space between them.

Strip - This will stack your images vertically, with no space between them. Ideal for vertical comics where seamless transitions between images is preferred.

Gallery - This will display your images one at a time in a slideshow format, ideal for large image sets or comics where you prefer turning the page to get to the next panel.

Multi-image will support up to 10 images for regular accounts and up to 30 for Supporters.

As far as collaborative projects, here are two examples that could make use of the multi-author credits:

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/arpeggion/marvel-vs-capcom-collab
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kor0kke/happy-2nd-fnf-anniversary-1

With multi-image, you could try things like making a multi-panel comic where each panel is by a different artist. Or create a vertical stack of images based on a common theme, like a skyscraper or a hole that goes deep underground.

This system will also be more ideal for image variants and it will be expected that variants share the same project as the original image. Currently people tend to publish variants as multiple standalone pieces to maintain full resolution; that won’t be necessary anymore. You will also have the option to rate (E,T,M,A) the individual pieces in your project, otherwise they will default to the project-level rating.

Hope everyone enjoys the update when it arrives, it's been a long time coming!

Other News

Check out all the Fall Happenings on NG!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT'S WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!!!!!!

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 21:02:25

At 9/6/23 08:53 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: LOL. I'm seeing shit!

Oooh nice find!

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 21:13:31

At 9/6/23 07:23 PM, KittyhawkMontrose wrote: Are you going to have a way to allow people to easily link to the next and previous chapters? Or is that something we'll have to do in the comment section for now? Or just link to a playlist?

If each chapter is its own art project, the best move there would be to put them in a playlist, when the next round of playlist updates rolls out, you'll be able to make it the official series page and the chapters (art view page) will have links back to the series page.

There's some more exciting stuff we'll be able to do once all this stuff is done.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

AW HELLS YEA DUDER

I can't wait to upload comics on here again using the strip layout. Plus the gallery option will be awesome for my sketches and stuff. I'm excited! It's been a while since I saw a cool feature like this added to the site!

Ayo, my name is Dorfde. I do things on the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 21:17:22

This is a really good idea! I can see this site getting a lot of newfound attention as a webcomics hosting platform in the future. Also really cool that I can potentially make variants now.

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 21:20:56

My body is ready

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 21:24:37

This is fantastic! Thank you.

Response to Prepare for Multi-Art / Multi-Author Art 2023-09-06 21:28:03

YEEESSS comic authors rejoice!!

BBS Signature

In particular, the Art Portal will support true multi-image and allow for multi-author. This opens up the potential for all sorts of art collabs or individual multi-art projects.

Mr Fulp, this is probably the best idea you've ever had!!!