00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Monoberoll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Money Gang

8,058 Views | 121 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Money Gang 2023-12-14 18:23:38

At 12/14/23 03:22 PM, YendorNG wrote:
At 12/14/23 02:54 PM, Hitman80010 wrote:
At 9/22/23 10:59 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/22/23 10:47 AM, DrSevenSeizeMD wrote: What about a monthly payment, that you, @TomFulp decides how to allocate?

Like I donate $15 a month, automatically, every month. I've been doing this for years. This has just been lagniappe on top of my supporter payments for both my account and Crosseye's account.
I don't know what you've been doing with that money all this time, but I trust your judgment. I figure you're paying the admin team or buying Luis beer, all necessary to keep NG running.

What if you started a gang where people paid like $10 a month or $20, and then you could move it as needed?
I feel like that would be about the same as donating $100 for one project?

I dunno. I'm supposed to be doing grown up things right now but instead I'm about to watch Madness stuff. I'm not a responsible adult.
It's something to keep in mind but we would likely need to set up a secondary Supporter option for it and the current Supporter subs already don't cover hosting and development. I also like the idea of people donating specifically to projects they like, so if they are a David Firth fan they can feel good sponsoring Salad Fingers but if they aren't, they can skip sponsoring and not feel like their money was wasted.

Not everyone ended up chipping in $100 for the Salad Fingers sponsorship (some less, some more) but I like the goal of $100 as a first-time "buy in" to the group, with the option to pay less for future sponsorships or sit them out. Each sponsorship could start in-gang and if the goal can't be met, it would become an opportunity for new people to join the gang.
that seems like a good idea Tom for making money. I do have a few ideas that has been floating around my head for a while this seems like the most appropriate place to post here ~~
Let's have a looksy here...

I think you'll find there is little appetite for Crypto-anything including NFTs. The hardware consumes a great amount of energy and contributes to global warming. NFTs are straight up scams.

We have advertised festivals in the past. I believe the barn art collective does this every year?

Licensing is expensive and complicated legally. The NG Money Gang has paid thousands at this point to have a week of exclusive rights to Salad Fingers and Monkey Wrench. Advertisers are hesitant to work with NG because of all the PR0N.

In my opinion, Animators that have worked with Machinama specifically have had issues with creators-- who have lost their rights to their work. Youtube is Google (who is now Alphabet) and they have in the past told Tom they want nothing to do with us financial-wise because PR0N.

Good idea, but whom-- and do their stakeholders know whats on this website? They need to be very open minded and liberal imo.

Not sure what Tom pay for rent now or even Taxes... Pennsylvania's Tax system is... Archaic to say the least.

Well, it looks like you debunked everything if only we can do some with the pron but unfortunately all the most popular Content and content creators do make that stuff I mean it’s technically the truth if we basically started the idea of an automated portal system where anyone can post as long as they follow rules. i’m just gonna wait here until I come up with another good idea I’m kind of under the weather it seems to me that p0rn seems to be the issue financial wise for financial expansion but I’m not taking that off of there like 90% of our movie Traffic is from that. Anyone else got any ideas for making money?

Response to NG Money Gang 2023-12-14 18:27:56 (edited 2023-12-14 18:32:52)

At 12/14/23 03:22 PM, YendorNG wrote:
At 12/14/23 02:54 PM, Hitman80010 wrote:
At 9/22/23 10:59 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/22/23 10:47 AM, DrSevenSeizeMD wrote: What about a monthly payment, that you, @TomFulp decides how to allocate?

Like I donate $15 a month, automatically, every month. I've been doing this for years. This has just been lagniappe on top of my supporter payments for both my account and Crosseye's account.
I don't know what you've been doing with that money all this time, but I trust your judgment. I figure you're paying the admin team or buying Luis beer, all necessary to keep NG running.

What if you started a gang where people paid like $10 a month or $20, and then you could move it as needed?
I feel like that would be about the same as donating $100 for one project?

I dunno. I'm supposed to be doing grown up things right now but instead I'm about to watch Madness stuff. I'm not a responsible adult.
It's something to keep in mind but we would likely need to set up a secondary Supporter option for it and the current Supporter subs already don't cover hosting and development. I also like the idea of people donating specifically to projects they like, so if they are a David Firth fan they can feel good sponsoring Salad Fingers but if they aren't, they can skip sponsoring and not feel like their money was wasted.

Not everyone ended up chipping in $100 for the Salad Fingers sponsorship (some less, some more) but I like the goal of $100 as a first-time "buy in" to the group, with the option to pay less for future sponsorships or sit them out. Each sponsorship could start in-gang and if the goal can't be met, it would become an opportunity for new people to join the gang.
that seems like a good idea Tom for making money. I do have a few ideas that has been floating around my head for a while this seems like the most appropriate place to post here ~~
Let's have a looksy here...

I think you'll find there is little appetite for Crypto-anything including NFTs. The hardware consumes a great amount of energy and contributes to global warming. NFTs are straight up scams.

We have advertised festivals in the past. I believe the barn art collective does this every year?

Licensing is expensive and complicated legally. The NG Money Gang has paid thousands at this point to have a week of exclusive rights to Salad Fingers and Monkey Wrench. Advertisers are hesitant to work with NG because of all the PR0N.

In my opinion, Animators that have worked with Machinama specifically have had issues with creators-- who have lost their rights to their work. Youtube is Google (who is now Alphabet) and they have in the past told Tom they want nothing to do with us financial-wise because PR0N.

Good idea, but whom-- and do their stakeholders know whats on this website? They need to be very open minded and liberal imo.

Not sure what Tom pay for rent now or even Taxes... Pennsylvania's Tax system is... Archaic to say the least.

“Licensing is expensive and complicated legally. The NG Money Gang has paid thousands at this point to have a week of exclusive rights to Salad Fingers and Monkey Wrench. Advertisers are hesitant to work with NG because of all the PR0N”

i’m not referring to licensing anything by the way I’m referring to telling the creators the Sfw ones at least to maybe make original Contant

“In my opinion, Animators that have worked with Machinama specifically have had issues with creators-- who have lost their rights to their work. Youtube is Google (who is now Alphabet) and they have in the past told Tom they want nothing to do with us financial-wise because PR0N”

I also had a friend of mine who worked with machinima for the animation series sanity not included when the series was coming to an end in 2014 he told machinima that he wanted to keep the series going on another channel but machinima said no one of the many reasons why machinima closed its doors. I had so many memories from watching their stuff though.