00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rurusilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is the root key of Soldier of Dance!?

223 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I’m trying to figure that part out! Some sources say it’s an A# key, some say it’s an F key, both claiming to be minor mode; however, upon replicating it in FL Studio, none of them seem to fit. Maybe the melody is following chords, but I tried using the chord stamp and still bupkis! A real unique melody that I love to death, but I can’t figure out how it works.

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature

Soldier of Dance is a polka in F minor, and the thing that's probably throwing you off is that there are some accidentals (naturals) where the notes in the scale should be flats sometimes.

For instance, your first few notes are C D E natural F. What grounds you in the fact that it's F minor is that 1) that's your root chord and that's the chord it comes back to and 2) that there is a minor third, A flat.

Response to What is the root key of Soldier of Dance!? 2023-08-20 04:19:22

At 8/20/23 03:34 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Soldier of Dance is a polka in F minor, and the thing that's probably throwing you off is that there are some accidentals (naturals) where the notes in the scale should be flats sometimes.

For instance, your first few notes are C D E natural F. What grounds you in the fact that it's F minor is that 1) that's your root chord and that's the chord it comes back to and 2) that there is a minor third, A flat.

Okay, I think I understand!

I rearranged the notes so they fit the F minor scale to a “T”, and it sounds fine; however, those “accidentals” really brings that song to life. This is something I’m trying to figure out since I want to compose a song of a similar feeling. A good thing to note for myself is that it is a polka song. That definitely has a few rules on its own especially with rhythm!

Thank you for responding, that helped a lot!

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature