00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

concavepgons just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

how does scheduling a release work?

439 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At the risk of sounding somewhat technologically inept, how does the scheduling of audio releases work?

I had attempted to schedule a release earlier and after putting all the settings in, hit "publish" in lieu of some sort of save button but that automatically published the audio right then and there.

The last time I scheduled audio to publish I left the browser window open because I didn't want to lose all the info I had just put in. Once you set the "publish on" and "publish at" settings, is the release saved? I thought if I closed my browser window any other time before publishing it would "lose" the release (although I may be incorrect about this as well), so if this isn't the case with scheduling, it might help from a UI perspective to make that more clear.

I'm a composer. I'll make music for you.

Visit my site for my portfolio!

Response to how does scheduling a release work? 2023-08-16 18:03:13

When you insert a date into the Schedule Release box, do not under any circumstances hit Publish. That song will auto-publish on the date you set it to, otherwise, if you hit Publish, it's instant.

Like with your description, make sure that your changes are saved before you hit Preview, and then leave that project file immediately.

Response to how does scheduling a release work? 2023-08-16 18:38:55

At 8/16/23 06:03 PM, Troisnyx wrote: When you insert a date into the Schedule Release box, do not under any circumstances hit Publish. That song will auto-publish on the date you set it to, otherwise, if you hit Publish, it's instant.

Like with your description, make sure that your changes are saved before you hit Preview, and then leave that project file immediately.

Thank you for the quick reply!!! So if I'm getting this right, the practice is to set everything up, set the auto publish parameters, then preview the release and close the window?

I'm a composer. I'll make music for you.

Visit my site for my portfolio!

Response to how does scheduling a release work? 2023-08-16 18:40:47

At 8/16/23 06:38 PM, sleepFacingWest wrote:
At 8/16/23 06:03 PM, Troisnyx wrote: When you insert a date into the Schedule Release box, do not under any circumstances hit Publish. That song will auto-publish on the date you set it to, otherwise, if you hit Publish, it's instant.

Thank you for the quick reply!!! So if I'm getting this right, the practice is to set everything up, set the auto publish parameters, then preview the release and close the window?

Yes, that's correct.