00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boochingi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Akyut's Music Thread

247 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Akyut's Music Thread 2023-08-05 21:15:58

Hey Newgrounds!

I'm new to the site, and I'm bringing my discography over piece by piece. (unfortunately, I've been found infringing on my own copyright... will be sending a legal missive by carrier pigeon tonight. I will rue the day I crossed me.)

Long story kept short, I'm a drummer-turned-producer trying to do some interesting stuff with lo-fi/vapor sounds, retro-futuristic with an emphasis on future :D

That lil intro out of the way...

What's already published on NG?

<----------------------------------------->

Pale Blue Dot - Carl Sagan

Palindrome - Umberto Eco (there are a few to find...)

These Bells Ring for No One - John Brunner

These are all off of the album Freaks, each inspired by great minds/ideas that I get lost in. Overall, the project was a genre-slush skewed mainly towards melodic variation/improv. Pale Blue Dot is the most easy-listening of the bunch, with Palindrome getting the freakiest. *wink*

This section is still short, but I'll be uploading pretty much daily until everything I'd like ported is available here!

With that said... What's next?

<------------------------------------>

1. The rest of Freaks.
  2. All of [Halcyon].
  3. Most Singles posted since 'I Want To Go Back.'

All-In-All, my public facing work amounts to about 35 songs, and a little over 40 when counting the only non-independent release I've had so far (published by Girlfriend Records)

If you want a preview, you can peek over at my Soundcloud under the same name, but everything will be here in short order (so will not be linking.)

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I think that's a good stopping-point for my first post on the forums, I'm really looking forward to meeting all the cool ppl here on NG.

With Love,

- Lover of Triangles

⟁ Praise be to pretty shapes ⟁

BBS Signature

Response to Akyut's Music Thread 2023-08-11 20:14:19

New stuff! Going to be picking up the pace.

I Want To Go Back. - pulsating basslines, with an emphasis on percussion and melodic layering.

Greener Pastures - Easy Listening/Chillsynth, had some fun with a chipsynth and bent that into the main lead.

V.Y.B Maschin 3k - Progressive synthwave, a longer arrangement with many smaller variations to keep things fresh.

Still have a bunch to bring forward, but am slowly chipping away at my personal favorites over the years. Have also been scouted, still not sure what that means entirely (but I guess I get stuff in the official portal now? Hooray for officiality!)

Tyvm for anyone who decides to check these out :)

With Love,

< Wannabe Pythagoras. >

⟁ Praise be to pretty shapes ⟁

BBS Signature