00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GoTENitrax just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I got 3 important questions. (plz answer ;_;)

311 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

(I got an infringement again... ;w;)

Anyways

I got an important question to ask. Because it might feel very sketchy.

In which kind of music platform am I allowed to send my mp3, when it doesn't work here at Newgrounds..?

Or should that be an "illegal" move?

I want to write a message and then put a link of my mp3 that I made in the message on bandcamp just to let the author check if the mp3 is still allowed to get released into the public.

But I am not sure if that really is okay to send my mp3 on other music platform links first.

(And if not, is it allowed to let the mp3 send it as "unlisted"?)

And I have got another one...

I don't know how the copyright appeal in Newgrounds really works, is the appeal that I send going to get viewed by the author that I had infringed it on or is it the people of Newgrounds that control the appeal..?

Because as I was researching for the artist, I found the bandcamp website and there I could contact him, however can I send my mp3 in the bandcamp message or can I just copy the bandcamp profile link into the appeal so that the other guys can ask it for permission, if my mp3 that I sent is still allowed?

I want the artist to answer if my sample is still allowed, even if there were some samples I've used that sound exactly the same.

And another question, that being the program LMMS...

I got two copyright infringements in a row, because these two contained like one or two samples that sound identical to the one used in that one song that I infringed.

Is LMMS really a safe website to upload mp3 on the public?

LMMS WEBSITE!

Despite it being a 100% free website, I think there are some certain samples that might automatically cause my own songs to get copyrighted.

I kind of have a speculation that LMMS has stolen some samples on not free music software or has stolen it from some other music software and then I probably didn't know about it until now.

I genuently feel very scared of it and I think I'll probably either stop posting my mp3 into Newgrounds, due to copyright issues that have a very good risk factor of my life flushing down into the toilet. (Because I don't want my family to know about it or else they might aswell just get a panic attack!)

Or I have to use an other free music software, because I really don't like these copyright infringements that I'm getting.

They are making me feel super nervous and especially feel super guilty for just uploading the mp3's that I make!

Response to I got 3 important questions. (plz answer ;_;) 2023-08-06 02:09:34

Sigh.

@LD-W, I need additional information and I'd appreciate your help 🥺

OP, the AI bot is misfiring, as has been known to happen. You're writing things that have similar tropes to known audio and as a result, it's issuing a ban thinking your music is someone else's. This is NOT on you. If you feel the need to develop a different kind of sound, do so, but this is not the fault of you or LMMS.

Now, the whole point of something like this is that it learns what is stolen and what isn't. It's flagged up a lot of actually stolen audio (and people have posted such by the thousands). These sorts of appeals need to happen and be approved so that less of this happens in future; at least, that's how I understand it.

Response to I got 3 important questions. (plz answer ;_;) 2023-08-06 10:44:26

At 8/5/23 01:12 PM, MrMcMikey22 wrote: (I got an infringement again... ;w;)

Anyways

In which kind of music platform am I allowed to send my mp3, when it doesn't work here at Newgrounds..?

I want to write a message and then put a link of my mp3 that I made in the message on bandcamp just to let the author check if the mp3 is still allowed to get released into the public.

But I am not sure if that really is okay to send my mp3 on other music platform links first.

(And if not, is it allowed to let the mp3 send it as "unlisted"?)

And I have got another one...

I don't know how the copyright appeal in Newgrounds really works, is the appeal that I send going to get viewed by the author that I had infringed it on or is it the people of Newgrounds that control the appeal..?

Because as I was researching for the artist, I found the bandcamp website and there I could contact him, however can I send my mp3 in the bandcamp message or can I just copy the bandcamp profile link into the appeal so that the other guys can ask it for permission, if my mp3 that I sent is still allowed?

Can maybe help on the 1st question:

I think that's a good initiative, contact an audio-portal moderator in here, to ask if your mp3 is okay to upload.

On the technicall aspect of sending the mp3 file. Can be simpler than you think. Don't have to upload it on a websiye to send it over. Just ask the moderator for an E-mail adress. Then send an email with the mp3 or a short clip of it, as an attachment, like people do daily, with word files or pdf files.

Hope that helps!

At 8/5/23 01:12 PM, MrMcMikey22 wrote: (I got an infringement again... ;w;)

Anyways

That's down to the T&C's of other sites, but in general there's no issue. Uploading to NG first doesn't place you in any kind of sharing/redistribution restrictions.

At 8/5/23 01:12 PM, MrMcMikey22 wrote: And I have got another one...

I want the artist to answer if my sample is still allowed, even if there were some samples I've used that sound exactly the same.

We have to inspect copyright appeals and either release them or close them.

The detection system was put into place after many years of the mods getting overwhelmed with hundreds-per-day of stolen pieces of music being uploaded to the NG Audio portal. It massively reduces the workload while helping to protect the site from a legal standpoint, but it does sometimes mean that someone's legitimate pieces do get caught up, because something like a certain meloxy x patch-design combination flags the detection system up, or if certain commercial samples from 'duplo' packs are recognised.

Speaking of appeals, they're both approved for now. Please try to move away from using so many default LMMS & popular sample-pack assets in the future.

At 8/5/23 01:12 PM, MrMcMikey22 wrote: And another question, that being the program LMMS...

I got two copyright infringements in a row, because these two contained like one or two samples that sound identical to the one used in that one song that I infringed.

Is LMMS really a safe website to upload mp3 on the public?

LMMS WEBSITE!

Despite it being a 100% free website, I think there are some certain samples that might automatically cause my own songs to get copyrighted.

I kind of have a speculation that LMMS has stolen some samples on not free music software or has stolen it from some other music software and then I probably didn't know about it until now.

I genuently feel very scared of it and I think I'll probably either stop posting my mp3 into Newgrounds, due to copyright issues that have a very good risk factor of my life flushing down into the toilet. (Because I don't want my family to know about it or else they might aswell just get a panic attack!)

Or I have to use an other free music software, because I really don't like these copyright infringements that I'm getting.

They are making me feel super nervous and especially feel super guilty for just uploading the mp3's that I make!

There's nothing to suggest there would be an issue uploading LMMS-made content to the LMMS website.

| Multi-Genre Composer, Main Preferences Are Atmosphere Crafting & Technical Detailing/Palettes | Audio Portal Moderator |

| FREE Audio Resources List For Composers | NG Audio Pub Discord | Follow These Legends! |

BBS Signature

Response to I got 3 important questions. (plz answer ;_;) 2023-08-06 14:42:58

(sorry for late reply..)

Anyways thank you guys for your responses! \(^_^)/

But it probably looks like I have to get different samples to compose any more music!

I think I'll try downloading some new soundpacks!