00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GonzoidPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

VAs needed for a wide range of female characters

1,075 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I've been running these battle royale simulators. Here's the latest one.

Thought it might be fun to have a couple of the combatants throw a few insults at each other, at the start of certain fights, based on past results or whatever else. We have characters from all over the place, with more incoming, so hopefully you'll find one that interests you.

This isn't paid as they'll be few and far between and only one or two lines each when they do occur. I'll therefore throw in free entry to the rumble as somewhat of a compensation.

Without further ado...

iu_1029485_2348424.webp

1. Betty T. Baseball Bitch (the T stands for The)

Angry athlete with an NYC accent. Foul mouth required.

Some more details here- https://53xy83457.newgrounds.com/news/post/1272506

2. Kombabe

The Mortal Kombat characters all have a similar cadence in the latest games... or maybe I'm just imagining it.

https://youtu.be/dSenFgj2Yqo

Maybe a filter is in order to simulate the big ass metal mask as demonstrated by Frost here.

https://youtu.be/L85QApISlvA

3. Jane Pain

Muay Thai fighter, Jane is a real sweetheart. She just happens to really really love to fight.

Accent is optional (she's already been Caucasian, Japanese, Thai and from Hell) but her voice should be cheerful and upbeat.

4. Jill Kill

No nonsense boxer. I see her as maybe subtly Irish, Northern Irish or Scottish.

5&6. Michelle or Mitch for short. Mitch the witch (she hates that).

An absolute deviant and menace to society (one of my favorites).

British seems like the obvious choice if we want to go full Bayonetta. I'm up to hear some variants if you have any other ideas. More details here- https://53xy83457.newgrounds.com/news/post/1358123

7. Edwina

Edgelord... edgelady? Whatever.

Consider the black stuff a venom symbiote. More accurately, I took inspiration from (ripped off) Eddie / Zato-1 from Guilty Gear.

Maybe a downbeat emo-y voice. Again, filters might work to make her sound more demonic.

8. Curby

Has some of that 90s videogame mascot attitude as evident by her portrait here- https://twitter.com/nakvi_/status/1674117032793591811/photo/2

Have a couple of ideas. Maybe a southern states accent like a female foghorn leghorn.

Alternatively, you know how Duck (who is clearly a crow) from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared has a sort of caw to his voice? Maybe something like that.

9. Marsha Law

Female Bruce Lee. Has all the confidence and swagger that comes with that.

10. Francine Columbette

Female Columbo, what else can I say. Here's a video if you're unfamiliar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfw3E232PeI

11&12. The Lin Twins

Calm and collected karate master. Less so when she's Violent Lin (Violin). Japanese accent if possible.

13. Elena (name pending, originally called her MMA Marsha forgetting we already have a Marsha)

She looks more determined than angry in Nakvi's hyper-realistic portrait this time. I thought she had a "kind face" as people say... Still ready to feed someone their teeth if they step into the ring with her, of course.

Eastern European accent.

14. La Tormenta (it means the storm, I'm not being an edgelord again)

Fearless high-flying luchadora. Confident voice with a Mexican accent to reflect that.

15. Major Penelope Love

Daysdove's OC so I'll repeat verbatim.

"What I planned for Penelope was that she has multiple voice depending on the situations and the people she's with (I heard megalomaniacs do that), voices range from feminine to masculine.

Feminine Voice Example Lina Inverse (Almost perfect)

Masculine Voice Example King Bradley (Perfect)

She'll mostly have the feminine voice, but on accusation while giving orders to their other inquisitors she'll sound more masculine. I know it sounds silly but I think I can make it work with a series of shots that hide the face or even have her close her eyes to look like she's a different entity (anything to separate the already existing image in the viewer's head)"

We can stick with the feminine voice for now as to not confuse matters.

16. Copper

Connor Grail's OC so again-

"Her personality is feisty and arrogant. In my mind she was born somewhere equivalent to Latin America (my comic is not set in our earth), so if anything the voice would reflect that, although she now lives in the north."

TEST LINES

For context, this battle takes place on something resembling a giant chess board. The combatants will race to step on whichever square lights up (while battering each other out of the way in the process, of course).

Betty: Ha! None of you skanks can beat me at this. I run the bases for a living.

Kombabe: This is not "baseball". Put away your toy and fight with honor!

Jane: I'll stick with Muay Thai, thank you very much. Although, I'll admit you must have a good resilience training regimen... to stay awake through a whole baseball game.

Jill: Aren't you that yank that was on the news the other day? Think I saw you trip over first base once.

Mitch: Oh please, stepping on things is half of my OnlyFans requests. You haven't got a chance, love.

Edwina: This is no place for kid's games.

Curby: I say, what's with this, I SAY what's with this "run the bases for a living" nonsense. You haven't got further than first plate all season.

(For a non-FoghornLeghorn take, try Lin's line.)

Marsha Law: I. never. lose. You should have brought your whole team to make things half interesting.

Columbette: You know, my boyfriend's a big baseball fan. Now me, I can't stand it, puts me to sleep every time. But he was telling me the other day about this player. Fantastic player, the Tiger Woods of baseball, they called her. Now golf, I enjoy golf. Maybe not watching it, but I'd play a few holes now and then between cases. So anyway, this baseball player, she played for the New York team. Now what's that team called, I was just talking about them to... (and it goes on but that's enough for now)

Lin: Ran. Past tense. A disgraced former athlete who was given every opportunity and threw it all away. I will not lose to the likes of you.

Vio. Lin: (same but angrier. only need regular for this line but feel free to demonstrate)

Elena: You Americans. All talk.

La Tormenta: You were an inspiration... what the hell happened?

Penny: Some of us get to live with our mistakes but you get to DIE BY YOURS!

(Yeah, I might just use one of Days' self described generic villain lines regardless of what's said to her. It's amusing to me.)

Copper: Big surprise, the washed up former celebrity has something to say.

Jeez, that's quite the post. If you don't have google drive or whatever to send recordings, pm me for an email address or any other information you might need. Otherwise I'll look forward to (literally) hearing from you.

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to VAs needed for a wide range of female characters 2023-07-23 03:33:55

Re: 15. Major Penelope Love

"oh yes I finally found something similar to what I've been meaning between the feminine and masculine voice

HIM from the Powerpuff girls

Here

Like it but without the echo"

BBS Signature

Response to VAs needed for a wide range of female characters 2023-08-05 05:02:01

Here are a few examples of what you're getting into. Haven't forgotten anybody else, it's just whether your character has anything to say is largely at the mercy of whatever bullshit I come up with next.

BBS Signature

Response to VAs needed for a wide range of female characters 2023-08-27 05:32:35

At 8/5/23 05:02 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: Here are a few examples of what you're getting into. Haven't forgotten anybody else, it's just whether your character has anything to say is largely at the mercy of whatever bullshit I come up with next.

Shared this post with the VA Collab, although I'm admittedly a little late. Hope you can make this work, looks really promising!

Response to VAs needed for a wide range of female characters 2023-08-27 07:42:29

At 8/27/23 05:32 AM, LuckyDee wrote:
At 8/5/23 05:02 AM, 53xy83457 wrote: Here are a few examples of what you're getting into. Haven't forgotten anybody else, it's just whether your character has anything to say is largely at the mercy of whatever bullshit I come up with next.
Shared this post with the VA Collab, although I'm admittedly a little late. Hope you can make this work, looks really promising!

The VA Collab, you say. That might indeed be helpful, thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to VAs needed for a wide range of female characters 2023-08-27 09:10:31

Might as well update this if it's being shared about. Here's the latest character list.

iu_1061786_2348424.png

And here's a better look at Lisa.

iu_1061788_2348424.webp

She's an African American boxer so her sample line here is directed at Jill.

"Nice to see another boxer in this freakshow. Maybe we could get together for a proper match sometime."

Number 19, Helena has already been cast... maybe. (haven't heard back)

iu_1061787_2348424.webp

Here're some sample lines for her if you can do a French accent.

Announcer: Knock all your opponents out of the ring to win.

Marsha: Didn't we just do this? Another one already?

Helena: You're just mad because you always lose.

Marsha: I beat everybody in the second one.

Helena: Shorts don't count, bitch.

(referring to the YouTube #shorts version of the video)

Betty: Hey Frenchy! The role of cute blonde with blue eyes has been filled. Piss off!

Helena: Oh, you think I'm cute?

Betty: (embarrassed)

Which leaves us with 17, Blinki.

iu_1061789_2348424.webp

Don't have any plans for her right now but if you have an appropriate voice for a big eyeball monster, then let's hear it. Maybe something cartoon alien sounding (for lack of a better term).

Currently we have 5 characters spread out between 2 VAs. So if you'd like to give the crossed out ones a go, be my guest but obviously I'd like to try and fill out the roster.

Kombabe is interchangeable and I have more than a few Eddys. Most wanted would be-

Columbette

Lin

Elena (who we'll definitely be renaming now that Helena is here)

La Tormenta

Jill (have a candidate but I'd like to hear a few more options)

Sample lines at the top of the post.

Thanks in advance for showing interest.

BBS Signature

Response to VAs needed for a wide range of female characters 2024-04-27 23:29:37

Hi! I am a voice actor! Here is my voice reel as an example, because I dunno what character I would do, probably a character with a deeper voice.

I also have some voice lines in here as examples (I did every voice but Eggman)

BBS Signature