00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AlsoTlant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Questions for the scouted artists

287 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Questions for the scouted artists 2023-07-18 10:12:59

I've been wondering about these questions but haven't been able to find them anywhere else, so

Just out of curiosity:

How long did it take you personally to get scouted?

How many songs or artworks did you post before you got scouted?

How much do you feel like you've improved since you started?

(Include any flexes you want)

Charl

Response to Questions for the scouted artists 2023-07-18 10:42:50

Since this dates back to 2011, which used a mod-centric scouting system unlike the one we have now, my responses will probably differ greatly.

At 7/18/23 10:12 AM, Charlmot wrote: How long did it take you personally to get scouted?

Immediately after my first upload. Scouting was uniquely to determine if a song was original and not stolen or ripped.

Songs, just the one. Artworks, 4 (as is still the practice today).

Listen to my first submission, and then listen to my more current stuff; I think it'll tell you everything you need to know.

Response to Questions for the scouted artists 2023-07-18 11:35:45

At 7/18/23 10:42 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Since this dates back to 2011, which used a mod-centric scouting system unlike the one we have now, my responses will probably differ greatly.

At 7/18/23 10:12 AM, Charlmot wrote: How long did it take you personally to get scouted?
Immediately after my first upload. Scouting was uniquely to determine if a song was original and not stolen or ripped.

Songs, just the one. Artworks, 4 (as is still the practice today).

Listen to my first submission, and then listen to my more current stuff; I think it'll tell you everything you need to know.

Coolio, very interesting to know how different the scouting system used to be

And yeah there's definitely a big difference between your first and your most recent lol

Charl

Response to Questions for the scouted artists 2023-07-18 13:48:09

At 7/18/23 01:28 PM, Leavesz wrote:
I don't remember well but I'm pretty sure it was a couple months after I joined the site

probably more than 5, I deleted everything from 2020 a while back so you won't be able to find them. I'm actually kinda surprised I hadn't been de-scouted at the time, those tracks were terrible.

Yeah I should probably delete some of my older tracks too, I wasn't trying to improve at the time so I just threw out something random like 16 times LOL

A lot, surprisingly. I'm still really bad at layering sounds but I'm pretty confident in my composing skills at the moment. I'm also able to deconstruct an entire song in my head and I can understand and make sense of what's going on with the rhythms and melodies and the arrangement and it's like, so cool to be listening to a song and hear something I like and then being able to incorporate it into my own music in some way.

That's a really cool skill to have, from my experience in other art related stuff it's really nice to be able to get to a point where you can hear and understand the individual elements in something you like

Maybe one day I'll be able to do that too with music

Charl