00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zooropa1980 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need a theme song.

280 Views | 2 Replies

iu_1022555_13444152.png

Hello composers of newgrounds,

I am actually working on a video game which take place in Newgrounds universe.

I need a theme song that is about being a detective, it need to be something dark, something cool

and it has to be really good.

You have creative freedom for this.

You can use inspiration like L.A Noire, Batman, batman beyond and even detective conan if you wish.

But don't copy paste their themes.

I want something original.

I cannot pay right now, but lets say newgrounds got some prizes for those who make original content here.

So please yourself with this task, have fun, make some good noises and I can't wait to hear your songs.

Thanks guys.

Few links to some of the themes I like.

Batman theme

Batman Beyond Theme

Sin City Theme

ZombieGhost

Response to Need a theme song. 2023-07-14 15:50:24

Response to Need a theme song. 2023-07-14 16:23:07 (edited 2023-07-14 16:26:46)

Sincerely, get some like for like trade prepared as recompense AT LEAST if you're planning to use our talent like that. I get that you can't pay, I deeply empathise with that. But saying that Newgrounds will just recompense us for some unknown's event? That's not how that works, mate.

Also, outside of this one screenie, we don't have a build of the game, no concept, no backgrounds, not even a GIF or a plot. That's a recipe for a game that will not finish.

Newgrounds is not some big corpo that can pull prizes at the drop of a hat. It's a small corpo that can run at a loss in order to keep servers running and so that we can continue to make great content. People actively donate prizes, including the staff sometimes, and that's for bigger Newgrounds events.

You, on the other hand, hardly anyone knows what you can do. You have posted a song contest thread in the past without any prior involvement in the audio portal, hardly anyone knows what you can do because you've not interacted very much, and we don't see you on the NG Audio Pub. You need that network to build trust, and you need that trust to run events, something that doesn't happen immediately, but takes time and patience to build up. And people gotta know that you're a trusted creative.