00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Slumberland Music Collab

4,054 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-06-27 07:24:45

I decided that for the summer, I would start a music collab with all my fellow NG musicians.

So without further ado:

iu_1006261_5728555.webp

Banner by @KingCrowned

What is Slumberland?

Slumberland is a 21 track concept album based around dreams. Dreams take us to many places, and the happiest and most surreal dreams are the ones that stick with us. You could've had dreams about your significant other, or with your favorite pet, or a friend, or family. Or you could've had a dream where you met a celebrity or influencer, or got chased by Grimace and Ronald McDonald.

And it could make for a good song!

Now it's not a very heavy concept album mind you. Each song from every one of you will be different, much like each other's dreams. It doesn't even have to specifically be totally dream related.

Very dreamy. :)

Cool! Where do I sign up?

No signing up for anything! All you gotta do is send me your past work in my PMs or Discord DMs (my username is tritnew) and I will let you know ASAP if you get accepted or denied. If you're accepted I will send you a invite to the Discord server so you can chat and mingle with the other collaborators!

Song Requirements

-Minimum, acceptable length for a track is 2 minutes. 3-5 minute tracks are preferred.

-If you can't find any vocalists or don't feel confident enough to sing on your track, instrumentals only are just fine.

-Export your tracks to uncompressed WAV or FLAC and mix them properly before sending them to me. I will be mastering this album myself to ensure each track is consistent in volume and quality.

-Genres don't matter. Just don't make your track John & Yoko's Wedding Album-esque crap.

-No covers! Only original stuff.

Rules

-You can be slightly explicit, this is Newgrounds after all, but don't go borderline NSFW. I want this to be T rated at the most.

-Make sure you have a limiter or compressor on top of your master, I don't want to be sent a track that clips heavily.

-One user can't take on two slots at a time.

-If you don't get accepted, don't be so down about it or get hurt and call me out, it's nothing against you at all if you don't get in, there's always a next time. ;)

And that's it! Have fun.

Deadline is July 21st.

Click here to go to a form that lets you know what slots are filled!

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-06-29 16:11:40

The NG Audio Portal Collab Center might be of help to you...

https://discord.gg/24MV4GNm

I'm not particularly interested myself, but I know some people over there would be.

Thanks for listening! :)

-M⅄YA

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-06-30 01:27:56

For July 21st, is that the deadline to submit a song to see if we get accepted or is that the deadline for the whole thing?

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-06-30 01:29:13

At 6/30/23 01:27 AM, CrossCarrasco wrote: For July 21st, is that the deadline to submit a song to see if we get accepted or is that the deadline for the whole thing?

Deadline for the whole thing. If no one is able to get their songs finished by then or there's not enough peeps in it, I'll happily extend the deadline a bit!

Sounds good! Will it be in an album?

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-06-30 12:19:00

At 6/30/23 11:26 AM, derailment wrote: Sounds good! Will it be in an album?

Yes! But you can feel free to post your track once it's finished if you like.

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-06-30 12:29:10

At 6/30/23 12:19 PM, Tritnew wrote:

Will it be like NGAP20 (I mean like a whole audio submission)?

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-06-30 12:31:27

At 6/30/23 12:29 PM, derailment wrote:
At 6/30/23 12:19 PM, Tritnew wrote:
Will it be like NGAP20 (I mean like a whole audio submission)?

Yup!

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-07-01 23:09:01

A bump to let peeps know that 11 slots are free!

I also wanna note that if you want to post your submission separate you can, but I'd prefer if you held off 'till after the 21st.

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-07-02 20:54:43

Arent dreams often a dark/deep topic?

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

At 7/2/23 08:54 PM, KhaosKitsune617 wrote: Arent dreams often a dark/deep topic?

Yes. I didn't specify but I allow for deeper songs to be made, that's why I allowed for songs to at least go up to a T rating.

I don't want anything deeply depressing, however. We tend to like talking about our good and surreal stuff openly.

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-07-04 12:58:07

Hi, just a 'lil bump to update you all.

There's 7 slots left, and I recommend following Rougetoad's Discord invite if it's still active so you can join the Audio portal server, as I have a thread hosted there and it'd be redundant if I made a separate server entirely.

If the link isn't active, feel free to PM me so I can send it to ya. You can share your tracks there in that thread!

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-07-06 03:05:01

I'd love to throw my hat into the ring! But how weird is too weird? Specifically in regards to my published work.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-07-06 07:11:07

At 7/6/23 03:05 AM, ErasmusMagnus wrote: I'd love to throw my hat into the ring! But how weird is too weird? Specifically in regards to my published work.

I did listen to your later stuff and they're quite interesting, and I find that experimental stuff like that can be considered music too.

But if you can somehow mix in more traditional music stuff like from your first two submissions with the experimental style you're working with now, I'd love if you could participate!

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-07-07 14:38:12

Quick little bump and update. Four slots left and two weeks 'till the deadline!

So any four users that wanna get in better act fast.

Response to NG Slumberland Music Collab 2023-07-13 16:02:06

A 'lil update for the collab. All slots are filled and peeps are working on their stuff, so at the moment no one else can join in!

However, if someone turns up and hasn't finished, or can't finish their track at the time due to their personal lives or something else, I will free up a slot and anyone else can join in. If that previous collaborator finishes up their track they can submit it outside the collab as they wish.

As for the deadline, that will be changed to when you can join more so than a release date of the album. I didn't take in account that peeps have busy lives, so that's what the deadline means now.

I do want the album to be out by September at the latest, but preferably early August.

Anyways, I have high hopes that the collab will go well, and be some real good stuff for you all to chill and relax to.