00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"The Pizza I Deservioli" - An "Animate your own Peppino" Collaboration

530 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi there

Recently, I made an orchestral cover of "It's Pizza Time", an iconic song from the hit indie platformer "Pizza Tower". Usually after making a cover, I would go ahead an edit a visualizer to accompany my cover when i upload it. But a thought occurred to me "What if i make it into an animation collab?" Here's a short preview of the cover that I'm making.

So here I am, inviting all animators to come and join this simple collab where you animate Peppino, other characters, or even your own original character, escaping from the crumbling tower of pizza, running at ludicrous speeds.

iu_1002544_7268696.gif

Here are the rules for this collaboration

1. You must reanimate the animation above or recreate it however you like in any style that you'd like, depicting Peppino, other characters from Pizza Tower, or even your own OC.
  2. The original animation loop only has 3 frames. You may add more frames if you'd like.
  3. All animators may join this collab, however please keep your animations at least pg 13
  4. All animations must be submitted in either a green screen video or a transparent gif, in 30 fps. A transparent video would be nice, but i think it would be difficult for some of you to submit it in that format, but by all means do it if it's possible. The higher the res the better, for scaling and clarity purposes (and yes, that includes sprite animations, just scale up your sprites before rendering it in a video editor), 720p resolution is a good starting point, 1080p is better
  5. This collaboration is a free for all. All animations will be showcased at random. If you do want to animate certain segments in the finished song, please notify me and the others ASAP so that i can make the room for your animation, be it an intro, an interlude, an ending, etc.

Additional Information :

• You may submit a tileable/repeatable background to make your appearance more distinctive. Although there will be no guarantee that it will be shown in the final product
  • If you want to animate your own toppins to run alongside your character be my guest, although i don't want to burden you with the task of doing so
  • The final product is subject to change depending on how many animators that signed up and submitted their animations. Your character might even be showcased alongside other characters

Any animation must be submitted before 11th of August 2023. You may send it here on newgrounds or DM me a link to my discord : 3mptherook

With that being said, I will keep updating this topic with new progress on my track and any rule changes. If you'd like to join our discord server, DM me so i can give you the link.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

this sounds like heaps of fun, i hope it gains traction dude ^_^

it ain’t crowver until i say it’s crowver chief >;^)

Update :

• Only around 25 days left until i close submissions
  • We only have around 11 participants with 2 finished works. The more animators, the better the results folks
  • The song is almost complete, all important segments are done, the only part left is the "time is running out" part. I will do an exclusive release once it's finished

Come and Join the fray folks, run with Peppino and the others! All animators are welcome!

The orchestral cover is complete!

Feel free to use this as your guidance while animating your submission so you may know the general feel of the whole thing!

Also, I should've done this earlier, but here's a general storyboard of what we're doing.

iu_1033712_7268696.png

So don't worry about moving your characters, just have them run in place and i'll do the rest.

Good luck and have fun!