00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sim-Doe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Loud House Fan Series VA Project - Possible Long Term

575 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello there!

Let me cut to the chase. I'm trying to create this fan series for the Loud House called The Madd House, and I've been in a state of ethical flux lately. Up to now, I was begrudgingly using AI to create this, starting with the entire project and then shifting to human artist + AI voice acting, and I've even created two promos and two episodes with ElevenLabs.

However, I desperately want to support real human talent in all modalities. Anyone with a heartbeat!

The only limiting factor is honestly cost, since I don't have that much money on hand to pay a whole crew, and the project is pretty extensive. Nevertheless, I'm still willing to do what I can to help out some actual artists.

It's an audio series at this exact moment, and I'm still testing the waters for it all. While I'd love volunteers obviously, I'd feel better paying people.

iu_986555_17351166.webp

Art by Eezy Seven

Current WIP art

iu_986554_17351166.jpg

iu_986553_17351166.jpg

iu_986556_17351166.jpg

Art by julianvillagtm

What I'm looking for in terms of voices at least right now

Promos:

Promo 1: https://voca.ro/1hJSMuKrkJZg

Promo 2: https://voca.ro/1jOL2Tw7tzpH

Highest priority (recurring characters)

1: Anyone who is female or female-passing who can do a good Cockney or Brummie accent (not having a voice for this character is the main thing holding me back; even using ElevenLabs isn't great because the thing can't handle accents, so this is the perfect opportunity to go full-human)

2: Someone who can do a good older female "haughty" voice, like the spiritual descendent of Dolores Umbridge

3: Someone who can do a decent "nerdy male" elementary student voice

4: Someone who can do a teenage girl's voice (preferably African American)

Middle Priority (still using ElevenLabs, but I'm more than willing to redo lines if you're willing to record them)

Every main character seen here in the above images

1: Lucy Loud-Madd (Stylistically the exact same as Lucy in the Loud House: monotone, raspy, emotionless voice)

2: Billy Madd (dad figure, sleazy guy, trying to be a wacky cartoon dad)

3: Mandy Madd (neurotic media-corpo mom, generally older female "mom" voice)

4: Rory Madd (19-year-old failure to launch geek, exactly the kind of guy who'd be an AI art bro ironically)

5: Kingsley Madd (11-year-old, he's supposed to sound like Lincoln Loud canonically, so if you're gunning for him, you might be able to double as Lincoln's voice when he shows up)

6: Rey Madd (6-year-old boy, generally energetic and conspiratorial)

7: Balthazar Madd (1 1/2-year-old boy, so a baby voice)

Lower priority:

Other Loud House characters as well (a good impression and knowledge of the original characters is key)

In order of who appears in the first season the most

1: Luan Loud (recurring often)

2: Lincoln Loud (recurring often; even better if you're willing to do both Kingsley and Lincoln)

3: Lisa Loud

4: Clyde McBride

5: Lily Loud

6: Luna Loud

As of the moment, I don't have any other characters from the original series appearing just yet

If you agree to do this, know that this is not exactly a one-and-done project. I imagine this to be a relatively long series, which is why I wanted to warn any potential volunteers to not undersell themselves. If push really comes to shove and it gets any traction, I could start a Patreon to increase funding, but that's not on the immediate horizon since this is really just something I'm doing for fun (and to help the Loud House fanbase, which, admittedly, is probably a lost cause)

Since this is a glorified fanfic, there's not really any commercial viability with it which is why I wasn't morally against using AI for this specific purpose. For me, AI for non-profit non-commercial stuff isn't outright terrible, only disappointing, like using stock clips or stock animation for a project; it's only when you actively sell products with it that it crosses that line for me. I just prefer using human talent. Not to mention that I do sympathize greatly with artists (in the general sense, not just the visual art sense) and figured that if I did use AI for stuff, it should be a moral obligation to support human artists as well.

At 6/2/23 11:12 PM, Saccharine-Melody wrote: Hello there!
Let me cut to the chase. I'm trying to create this fan series for the Loud House called The Madd House

Hey, I gotta say this is looking pretty good. The promo material sounds incredible - so good in fact, that I doubt you did this yourself, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Character designs look good, the accents might be something of a challenge though, as the majority of VA on here don't hail from the UK.

I might be able to do the father's voice (which I assume he is, the guy with the 'stache) for you, and could help you shop around for additional voices - from actual British people too. Send me a PM if you want to take this further.

Either way, good luck on the project, I hope you succeed at your plans.

Cheers,

D