00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

olydrom just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How did you first discover newgrounds?

4,423 Views | 166 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-07-08 19:25:07

At 6/28/23 10:05 AM, FemaleFootBoy wrote: First discovered in 2012 because my friend was talking about it. Was playing for a while to try and get medals but left shortly after because I was more interested with my PS3.

Only re-joined this year after remembering the good old days. :)

I actually believe it was ABC Happytime that brought me here, even though my friend did mention the site to me beforehand.

Found a post dated from May 31, 2011 on my PlayStationTrophies account linking ABC Happytime. lol

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-07-08 23:38:25

Well I guess I can put my input in i regularly use it as a child about when more people were getting into it to play video games. as I was heavily into a lot of things that could switch i also used to watch a lot of videos on here some that I probably shouldn't have at my age but I guess everybody has that experience right? either way I got back into it about 2019 because I was creating accounts on anything basically I'd ever use. I new this site existed I didn't know it was still continuing and still relatively popular community. As more of recent Zoomer that is attracted to a lot of nerdy stuff this site doesn't interest me and I'll probably talk to people more and more as I go on.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-07-09 03:01:56

This site spawn on my chrome

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-07-09 16:26:01

Someone shared Retarded Animal Babies to me and I've been visiting since.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-07-24 12:36:19

If my memory is right, I first found NG when I was a stupid kid (6-9 years old I think) looking for Pokemon stuff in like the mid 2000s. I somehow clicked a link to a flash game about Pikachu, with an army sniper, gunning down Clefairys parachuting from the sky. I was scared by the game and because of the Newgrounds logo being an army tank, I thought I had accidentally stumbled onto a U.S. Army recruitment site to destroy all Pokemon (I was a dumb kid, I thought Pokemon existed irl)

Then FNF happened and I took a little look at this place, and thought about joining since it's a pretty great art site since I'm a digital artist. And then the first Twitter exodus happened and I finally made the jump over here.

Nature of the sig variety. Woah.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-07-24 12:57:29

At 7/24/23 12:36 PM, JKflay wrote: If my memory is right, I first found NG when I was a stupid kid (6-9 years old I think) looking for Pokemon stuff in like the mid 2000s. I somehow clicked a link to a flash game about Pikachu, with an army sniper, gunning down Clefairys parachuting from the sky. I was scared by the game and because of the Newgrounds logo being an army tank, I thought I had accidentally stumbled onto a U.S. Army recruitment site to destroy all Pokemon (I was a dumb kid, I thought Pokemon existed irl)

Then FNF happened and I took a little look at this place, and thought about joining since it's a pretty great art site since I'm a digital artist. And then the first Twitter exodus happened and I finally made the jump over here.

lol

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-07-28 09:24:54

Probably from playing alot of flash games.

LOVE AND PEACE!!!

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-08-29 05:58:02

I kept vaguely hearing about it throughout my life, but it wasn't until recently I heard more about it and how it was a great website for sharing your creations, and that piqued my interest. I don't regret my decision to post my art here one bit, it's a great site.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-08-29 09:50:18

The Impossible Quiz. I must have seen it on another game site that went down and looked it up and Newgrounds was the first result. After giving up after many tries, I checked the front page. SMBZ ep.6 was there. Was hooked from then on.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-08-29 11:36:35

At 8/29/23 09:50 AM, Brain-washed wrote: The Impossible Quiz.

This. Everyone in my computer class was obsessed with trying to beat it. My buddy later ended up showing me the General forum and flash animations like Madness. That's when I decided to make an account.

BeSURETODRINK

YOUROVALTINE

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-08-29 13:40:02

>What happened to Cut the Rope? video on YT

>FNF song playing in BG

>Caves in and gets into FNF

>Finds Newgrounds

About two years ago.

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-08-31 17:00:34

I’ve kinda known that the website existed maybe 5 years ago and only then did I actually make and start posting probably 2-3 years ago due to some people on YouTube or artist/animators that I enjoyed cause I was and still am getting into art and figured that it would be a good place to start.

Toniestbook

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-01 20:21:10

My ACTUAL first time seeing NG was a Madness episode or a Eddisode on my recommendation on YT. I thought a lot about it and should have maybe joined earlier?? Then around 2020-2021 FNF was sort of a reminder and I came here in 2023 after thinking about it for like a year??? I question myself sometimes???

𝓰𝓻𝓲𝓶 𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸𝓮

ɴɢ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴘɪᴍᴇɴᴛᴏ ɪꜱ ᴄᴏᴏʟ

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-03 04:08:56

A friend in a Sophomore Spanish class linked me to evilzug's Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and I found Daft Punk that year 2003 and have been chasing that high on this website ever since.

Ignore this signature.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-05 03:36:14

Man I think it was some Star Wars video that my friends were talking about in 8th grade. After that I got hooked and I was in and out for a while. Then in 2009 I think it was that summer I found the Minecraft chat and played with people on here. Good times

Catching Fire, starring Paul Walker

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-05 10:24:03

Heard about it in old flash animations while browsing youtube as a kid, though i didn't actually sign up for an account here until 2018.

bringing you stupidity since 2018

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-07 17:49:57

Mario 63 and other flash games back in late 2000's/Early 2010's.

just came back recently for the forums

"If i run away go find me, where there is flowers left and no cops around."

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-07 20:29:27

i discovered newgrounds when i playing castle crasher

Back in 2005 (I was 6) a friend came over with a usb stick filled with small games, some flash some not. One of those games was Pico vs. Uberkids. I remember we would make the choice in the game, and then quickly hide under the table as the animation went on because, I don't know, we got spooped from the blood - but still wanted to play some good ol' rock paper scissors on my dad's work laptop.

Two years later my family moved and that's when I got my own PC in my room, with an internet connection. Some time later I remembered the wacky rock paper scissors game, looked for it, and ended up here. Multiple accounts, and over a decade later, here I am. Love this place.

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-12 21:54:47

Either it was by accidentally stumbling upon dubbed Awesome Series videos on Youtube back in 2007 or so, or a few years before by playing flash games that came in a CD included in a PC magazine, I lurked the site but never created an account until recently.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-13 08:52:11

I discovered NG thanks to a musician I followed, who had an account here.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-13 15:44:18

The death of Flash, there wasn't a lot of sites that could run the flash games that I spent hours playing on, I had heard of Newgrounds before this, but I never checked it out until then, I usually went on other sites that are now a shell of their former selves, It's one of the few sites that you can still play flash games on.

Don't give two sh*ts about what other people think of you. If you have a high opinion of yourself that's all that matters.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-18 11:25:42

Alan Becker.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

It's hard to remember, but I do fuck all when searching for the best flash game to gravitate toward when I was just a kid. Found myself in Newgrounds, and this shit was like gold to this day.

All started from

I watched a couple of animation works and probably listened to cursed audio in the music section. It's hard to remember after all those years. Still, apart from that, I have had good experiences on Newgrounds so far, and surprisingly I find that "dead" platform doing WAAY MORE BETTER than XXX and Instagram for Tiktok for closeted racists and dumbass children or grown ass man cosplaying as dumbass children.

I hope everyone here has a good experience on Newgrounds. I have faith in that platform.

Tumblr now avaliable!

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-09-23 22:37:47

Making this easy & quick:

Sonic shorts: vol. 2 is the first I ever heard of it, not knowing it for a while.

Boxhead More Room was (I think) the first game I played.

Middle school (2019) was when I first actually discover

Newgrounds full website from a T-pose of a character from some reason.

I am the epic lifeform!

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-10-03 16:18:44

I discovered newgrounds when i was hugely into stickman stuff as a kid back in early 2000s, i played electric stickman 2, sift heads and henry stickmin

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-10-04 12:04:19

I had played games by The Behemoth when I was a kid. Then I played the original flash version of Alien Hominid, not realizing what Newgrounds was. Then finally when Friday Night Funkin' came out. I found the old Alien Hominid on here, and played it. And then finally realized that I knew what Newgrounds was that whole time.

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-10-07 01:10:41

around 2005-2006 I watched a lot of flash videos on random sites and Newgrounds came up often. I started to remember NG but never really used it as my main site for Flash content, but some site that probably freebooted content from other places, which was called FlashRing if I recall correctly. Anyways while using that, school friends often told me to go to Newgrounds so I was like "ehhhh I mean suuuure I can go but I would've liked to keep being in flashring 🙄" so I started to use NG more and more. It was the times of "Mario Twins", "Smurfs lost episode", "ANIMATION INVASION" and of course "badger"

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-10-07 19:05:10

I think I mainly discoverd Newgrounds because of Friday Night Funkin / Pico's School (mostly FNF) Then once I joined the site back in 2021, I uploaded my shitty 3D animations and got a following for them. The rest is history.

BBS Signature

Response to How did you first discover newgrounds? 2023-10-08 01:38:01

Sometime in 2010 after learning that a certain Mario site with tons of Mario Flash games got taken down for whatever reason.