00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 198 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

I've made a jumping engine for all.

43,452 Views | 367 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-12 09:26:58


At 12/6/04 01:59 PM, ChtFreak64 wrote: I dunno if you fixed this or not, but when I'm scrolling I go through a platform if it's standing vertically. How can I fix this?

You're gonna have to IM about that one. You need to tell me step by step what happens.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-15 09:01:47


I figured out a way to get the jumping engine to scale objects...
http://www.jacksmack.com/games/platform.swf

It's pretty simple really...


Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-19 12:37:02


wo0t thx alot! works for me ( i altered a bit of the code to fit my needs ) but its great! thx alot

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-19 14:17:57


ABSOLUTLY WONDERFULL! This works great! But I sat here for like 10 minutes when finaly realised that you pased the wrong code. lol good job

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-19 16:14:29


At 12/19/04 02:17 PM, redhammer01 wrote: ABSOLUTLY WONDERFULL! This works great! But I sat here for like 10 minutes when finaly realised that you pased the wrong code. lol good job

So it works for you now?

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-23 21:19:45


yeah, it does work great. But I sent you an email, asking for the .fla for your engine. Because the side scrolling dosnt work for me. But, stilla great engine

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-24 15:20:36


At 12/23/04 09:19 PM, redhammer01 wrote: yeah, it does work great. But I sent you an email, asking for the .fla for your engine. Because the side scrolling dosnt work for me. But, stilla great engine

I e-mailed you the working .fla. Now the code has comments on it.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-24 18:52:00


At 12/24/04 03:20 PM, Rystic wrote:
At 12/23/04 09:19 PM, redhammer01 wrote: yeah, it does work great. But I sent you an email, asking for the .fla for your engine. Because the side scrolling dosnt work for me. But, stilla great engine
I e-mailed you the working .fla. Now the code has comments on it.

Hey Rystic if you have a .fla of the engine I can post it on my website if you like... Email it to me and I'll put your logo in and slap the thing up for you. I put a front page post with the base engine code on my site but an FLA would be alot better.

Thanks.
Jack.


Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-26 13:11:08


At 10/18/04 08:48 PM, ChtFreak64 wrote: Is there a way where it could be altered so if it jumps from a high ledge and hits a low edge it wont go through?

The problem is that your block is to skinny make it have more height and
your character shouldnt go through.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-26 13:15:38


At 12/24/04 06:52 PM, JackSmack wrote: Hey Rystic if you have a .fla of the engine I can post it on my website if you like... Email it to me and I'll put your logo in and slap the thing up for you. I put a front page post with the base engine code on my site but an FLA would be alot better.

Thanks.
Jack.

Yea. Also, I finished that engine that let's you jump smaller jumps if you don't hold down space. I'll mail that.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-26 19:07:30


Hey Rystik I was wondering if you know some script for enemies or walls
that would work with this script.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-28 04:12:46


At 12/26/04 01:15 PM, Rystic wrote:
At 12/24/04 06:52 PM, JackSmack wrote: Hey Rystic if you have a .fla of the engine I can post it on my website if you like... Email it to me and I'll put your logo in and slap the thing up for you. I put a front page post with the base engine code on my site but an FLA would be alot better.

Thanks.
Jack.
Yea. Also, I finished that engine that let's you jump smaller jumps if you don't hold down space. I'll mail that.

OK! I have posted this engine on my website for download... you can pick it up in the downloads section of http://www.jacksmack.com

Here is a more direct link if you don't care about helping me by looking at a few ads on the way...
More direct link

Hope this helps some people.
Jack.

P.S. rystic if you send me any updated engines I will post those as well... just F.Y.I.


Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-28 19:31:27


At 12/26/04 07:07 PM, Flyingcoin wrote: Hey Rystik I was wondering if you know some script for enemies or walls
that would work with this script.

Depends on what you want exactly.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-30 16:41:17


At 12/28/04 07:31 PM, Rystic wrote:
At 12/26/04 07:07 PM, Flyingcoin wrote: Hey Rystik I was wondering if you know some script for enemies or walls
that would work with this script.
Depends on what you want exactly.

well i was thinking of enemies that would shoot lasers, jump,and walk around. My character attacks with a sword so im thinking when my character attacks them they would die.

Ohh I almost forgot your side scrolling code is not working for me and I use flash mx 2004.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2004-12-30 20:47:22


Fuck,when I post the block script into the MC it just pops up with all these fucking errors.HELP ME

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-06 17:26:56


Just thought that i would help keep this topic alive.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-09 16:13:59


WOW ! THANKS ! this is so easy and so great ! tHx !!!!!!!

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-09 20:14:24


At 12/30/04 04:41 PM, Flyingcoin wrote:
At 12/28/04 07:31 PM, Rystic wrote:
At 12/26/04 07:07 PM, Flyingcoin wrote: Hey Rystik I was wondering if you know some script for enemies or walls
that would work with this script.
Depends on what you want exactly.
well i was thinking of enemies that would shoot lasers, jump,and walk around. My character attacks with a sword so im thinking when my character attacks them they would die.

Ohh I almost forgot your side scrolling code is not working for me and I use flash mx 2004.

Sorry I haven't been posting. I was banned from the forums for about seven days by Shrapnel. Never again will I post in any other forum....

Anyway, if you want me to make enemies, you'll need to send the graphics, first (unless you want little circles shooting squares). Then I'll do the code. IM with MSN messenger and give me the graphics.

As for the side scrolling, well, it's hard to help because I can't open the files you send me (I use MX). Instead, I'll send you the working file I have.

Ahhh, yes. It feels great to be back..

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-09 20:16:03


At 12/30/04 08:47 PM, FrameByFrameLock wrote: Fuck,when I post the block script into the MC it just pops up with all these fucking errors.HELP ME

IM me and I'll send you the working file. I use MSN.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-09 21:09:29


do you know the script that make the enemy walk just a little bit

there to there
|-------------------|

and if my "character touch it , it go to (frame number)

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-09 23:07:54


jesus christ this is a long thread.......oh yeh thanks for da code im gonna start makin my platform game now.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-11 06:29:24


At 1/9/05 09:09 PM, The_Protector wrote: do you know the script that make the enemy walk just a little bit

there to there
|-------------------|

and if my "character touch it , it go to (frame number)

Sure. I realize now that I should've included code for enemies, collectables, health, etc... Most people can't just make a game with the engine. They need the stuff, too.

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-11 07:28:04


CooL !!!! when will you send the AS here ??

your my hero ! ;-)

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-11 09:42:34


You are an awesome actionscripter. I really admire people like you Rystic. Maybe one day we can make a game together if you want


BBS Signature

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-11 12:31:12


Whoa nice code,i am virtually useless with codes

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-11 16:55:35


At 1/11/05 07:28 AM, The_Protector wrote: CooL !!!! when will you send the AS here ??

your my hero ! ;-)

I'll get to it this weekend. Right now I've got school work piling up...

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-11 16:59:07


At 1/11/05 09:42 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: You are an awesome actionscripter. I really admire people like you Rystic. Maybe one day we can make a game together if you want

If you IM me, and provide graphics for me, I'd help make a game.

Actually, I was thinking of making a small game anyway, using my engine. I need graphics of people (no heads, I'll do those) running left to right. I also need some NG-themed objects (blocks, shapes, etc), a list of people banned from the forum at least once (not all of them, just some), and...

...well, I'll continue if I finish all the work I have right now...

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-11 18:29:30


At 1/11/05 04:55 PM, Rystic wrote:
At 1/11/05 07:28 AM, The_Protector wrote: CooL !!!! when will you send the AS here ??

your my hero ! ;-)
I'll get to it this weekend. Right now I've got school work piling up...

cool thanks !

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-15 14:13:22


can somebody help me?? when I fall from too high, the wall does not stop me and I continue to fall ... is there a action script that make that even if I fall from very high, the wall stops me

Response to I've made a jumping engine for all. 2005-01-17 07:54:34


At 1/15/05 02:13 PM, The_Protector wrote: can somebody help me?? when I fall from too high, the wall does not stop me and I continue to fall ... is there a action script that make that even if I fall from very high, the wall stops me

It's suppose to fall forever. If you want to stop, make sure a block is in the