00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Spoken Word Poetry Collab!

846 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-03-28 23:24:31

Spoken Word Poetry Collab!

The theme for the Collab is: "The reality you to see and manifest in the world"

Ideally you'll write your poem around this central theme. And since it's spoken word, you'll either record yourself reading your poem out loud, or team up with a VA or Speaker.

Rules:

• Word limit is 500 or less.
  • Keep it SFW as we want to have this Collab featured/front paged
  • Ideally your submissions will be in .WAV format at 16bit for high quality. And sent via Drop Box or NG file dump (depending upon file size)

There are roles for musicians as well, who'd like to compose an ambient BGM track(s) that will play under each poem or it could run throughout the entire Collab.

Here is a link to the NGAP Collab Center discord: https://discord.gg/QCmYyraxbk

Joining the discord is optional though.

A link to the news post about the collab can be found here: https://flamadour.newgrounds.com/news/post/1348428

(it contains the same information really as this thread)

As for a deadline that has not been decided yet, as we are still in the early stages of the collab. But I am aiming for a deadline in early May, so stay tuned for that.

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-03-29 00:55:29

You have my voice!

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-03-29 08:24:06

1. Do I understand it right that the word "want" is missing in the theme name?
  2. Gotta try to make a poem

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-03-29 09:22:37

At 3/29/23 08:24 AM, Remi-le-Oduen wrote:

Oops my bad, I should proof read what I typed. And yes "want" is missing

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-03-31 09:43:35

I love dramatic reading! Lemme be a voice for your thing!

Free professional voice acting, this'll give me material for reels!

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-03 21:01:53

A deadline has been set for this collab, it's May 1st!

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-09 21:53:18

I'm working on a spread sheet to see how many participants there are, so far there is a lack of writers for collab.

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-13 09:10:10

I finished a poem! It's about leaving behind things of our current reality that looks fine but are actually hindering our progress, it's called Burning the Flags. It's SFW but some people might find it disturbing, So I am hesitant to post it here right away. If someone is interested in recording a reading of it for a collab and/or making a background music, PM me and I will send it to you, so you can see if it's content is okay with you. Or, if the collab organizer will say it's okay, I'll post it here.

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-13 22:40:36

At 4/13/23 09:10 AM, Remi-le-Oduen wrote: I finished a poem! It's about leaving behind things of our current reality that looks fine but are actually hindering our progress, it's called Burning the Flags. It's SFW but some people might find it disturbing, So I am hesitant to post it here right away. If someone is interested in recording a reading of it for a collab and/or making a background music, PM me and I will send it to you, so you can see if it's content is okay with you. Or, if the collab organizer will say it's okay, I'll post it here.

Excellent, I'd like to read what you wrote. And as for background music, I made a track myself for the collab and another composer has made a BGM track as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-15 19:58:07

It'll be like poetry night at a swanky coffee house.

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-15 22:50:55

At 3/28/23 11:24 PM, Flamadour wrote: Spoken Word Poetry Collab!

Ideally you'll write your poem around this central theme. And since it's spoken word, you'll either record yourself reading your poem out loud, or team up with a VA or Speaker.

Rules:

There are roles for musicians as well, who'd like to compose an ambient BGM track(s) that will play under each poem or it could run throughout the entire Collab.

A link to the news post about the collab can be found here: https://flamadour.newgrounds.com/news/post/1348428

As for a deadline that has not been decided yet, as we are still in the early stages of the collab. But I am aiming for a deadline in early May, so stay tuned for that.

Where should I submit my piece? Sounds fun!

Read my stories on my userpage

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-16 02:17:18

At 4/15/23 10:50 PM, Wargrave wrote:
At 3/28/23 11:24 PM, Flamadour wrote: Spoken Word Poetry Collab!

Rules:

Where should I submit my piece? Sounds fun!

You're welcome sending it to me or posting a link to it here.

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-22 22:24:40

There is little over a week before the deadline on May 1st. Just a reminder to get your submissions in before then.

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-04-29 20:51:37

1 Day Remaining! (depending upon which time zone you are in) until the deadline for you to get those submissions in for the collab. I will accept submissions a day late.

BBS Signature

Response to Spoken Word Poetry Collab! 2023-05-03 02:40:21

The finished collab can be found here:

BBS Signature