00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enoughforcast just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do I get started?

984 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do I get started? 2023-03-21 16:35:34

I've always like narrating things and doing voices, and I've been told there's a few voices I'm pretty good at. What's the best way to get started to make a portfolio/reel? Should I do a short video of my impressions together and some narration maybe? Thought I'd give this a shot to see if I got it!

Response to How do I get started? 2023-03-22 23:05:55

you should put out a demo of your best voice imo!! :)

Until Death Do Us Part

BBS Signature

Response to How do I get started? 2023-03-23 01:10:52

At 3/21/23 04:35 PM, Laureallis wrote: I've always like narrating things and doing voices, and I've been told there's a few voices I'm pretty good at. What's the best way to get started to make a portfolio/reel? Should I do a short video of my impressions together and some narration maybe? Thought I'd give this a shot to see if I got it!

One thing about Newgrounds for Voice Actors is look for collabs. You never know who might need a VA and everyone here usually open to any VA, I'm not too sure with new timers but if you have some demos or can give examples for the characters you are interested in playing then dope.

I'm not a professional Voice Actor, I usually tend to ask for examples when it comes to voting characters

Also check out the help wanted area and rhe fourms

Fuck

Response to How do I get started? 2023-03-23 11:33:04

Sixty seconds to demonstrate your range.

Dive in, and learn as you go! That is the best way to explore what you can even do.

If it's narration you're going for, grab like four books that are wildly different from one another and thumb through for a great excerpt.

Can you build tension in a horror story? (Something Lovecraft or Stephen King)

Can you be inspiring in a tale of heroics? (Something military or motivational?)

Can you be informative in something educational?

Can you be wondrous in a fantasy story...

It's all up to you! Show your strongest examples in a brisk one minute demo.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature