00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

monarchwisteria just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite myths/legends

88 Views | 7 Replies

Favorite myths/legends 2023-03-04 18:48:47

Can be anything from King Arthur, to ancient Egyptian, or some urban legend!

My favorite one is Bloody Mary, and I don't care if it's Halloween or not. You shut the lights out in the room with a mirror, and say Bloody Mary three times. In some versions if you are not afraid she tells you the future, but if you are scared she kills you. In other versions an apparition runs around the room insulting you, and if you last without running away they tell you the future again.

A little bit of dark history the name Bloody Mary is actually based off of Mary Tudor, sister of queen Elizabeth. Mary killed so many people in her reign that the Bloody Mary nickname stuck around until it evolved into it's own myth.

So what is your favorite myth, or legend? Can be from classical literature or it can be a local urban legend.

Leaving the weight of the past behind, for the uncertain future.

Poem/Short story thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite myths/legends 2023-03-04 18:50:56

Frightening...

iu_913136_3416439.gif

Response to Favorite myths/legends 2023-03-04 18:54:53

My favorite is the myth of how Aphrodite was born. Apparently Uranus’s son Cronus cut off his dick and balls and threw it in the sea. The white foam that came from it became Aphrodite

Home, its where I want to be

But I guess I'm already there

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite myths/legends 2023-03-04 19:05:23

The one where Hera turns Dionysus insane and he starts roaming the lands teaching people to make wine from grapes until he eventually regains his sanity again. Yeah, Hera is a bitch.

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite myths/legends 2023-03-04 19:18:27

At 3/4/23 06:48 PM, SnakeBearer wrote: Can be anything from King Arthur, to ancient Egyptian, or some urban legend!

My favorite one is Bloody Mary, and I don't care if it's Halloween or not. You shut the lights out in the room with a mirror, and say Bloody Mary three times. In some versions if you are not afraid she tells you the future, but if you are scared she kills you. In other versions an apparition runs around the room insulting you, and if you last without running away they tell you the future again.

A little bit of dark history the name Bloody Mary is actually based off of Mary Tudor, sister of queen Elizabeth. Mary killed so many people in her reign that the Bloody Mary nickname stuck around until it evolved into it's own myth.

So what is your favorite myth, or legend? Can be from classical literature or it can be a local urban legend.

There is the legend of these people called midgets that roam around in the towns of Minnesota, I have taken one photo:

iu_913145_12750904.png

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite myths/legends 2023-03-04 21:28:13

The Warped Tour Nut Twister

He went around in mosh pits and squeezed your balls until they popped

At least according to The DickeyDines Show

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite myths/legends 2023-03-04 22:17:33

This Maori legend, which also happens to be the inspiration for the story of Sokka and the moon spirit from Avatar.

I'm just one of those people still on the path of getting themselves out there in the world. If you're confused by my mug below you haven't read my profile. I point you to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite myths/legends 2023-03-04 22:33:48

At 3/4/23 09:28 PM, BadunkadunkGecko wrote: The Warped Tour Nut Twister
He went around in mosh pits and squeezed your balls until they popped
At least according to The DickeyDines Show

Now that is just the most fucked up thing ever.

Leaving the weight of the past behind, for the uncertain future.

Poem/Short story thread.

BBS Signature