00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Transformers Collab

31,567 Views | 103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-03 21:15:01

My god. I’ve missed out on more Newgrounds than I can imagine.

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-03 21:37:12

SO true

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-03 22:02:02

Yooo this sounds awesome!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-03 22:21:34

I LOVE THE TRANSFORMERS I LOVE THE TRANSFORMER CARTOON SHOW!! I LOVE THE TRANSFORMERS MOVIE!! I barely know anything about Transformers besides the characters but this is a really fun looking collab! :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-03 22:44:04

yes

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 00:18:47 (edited 2023-03-04 00:22:12)

wowie waha yeah whooo yeah

I did the cool cliffjumper :D

I kinda forgot I drew him tbh

Anyway! Hope the collab goes smooth and comes out something everybody enjoys :)

iu_912365_7825254.webp

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 00:28:53

Fired an email, love to be able to take part in this

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 00:35:11

At 3/1/23 09:25 PM, CrockettDK wrote: Before time began there was a collab, Newgrounds held a collab for the Transformers over 15 years ago, and with the advent of a new movie coming this year, and almost 40 years of this franchise’s existence. It seems that the perfect time for a sequel has arrived. 

Presenting: The Newgrounds Transformers Collab

Hosted by me and @Gray We are looking for animators to join us in this new Transformers Collab where, unlike the 07 collab, we are opening the floodgates in what you can do. Instead of limiting you to the G1 Cartoon and Live Action Movies, you can make a parody of whatever version of the Transformers you’d like. Be it Beast Wars, Robots in Disguise, Armada, Animated, Prime, whatever.

Applying
We are opening this collab to the public and allowing users to submit applications to us. While some people have already been selected, we’ll need some more. To submit you will need to send an email to ngtransformerscollab2023@gmail.com with examples of your art and animation. We will be accepting Applications from the 1st of March to the 22nd of March. Applicants will receive notice if they’ve been chosen on the 28th of March with an invite to a discord with other members. You are able to collaborate with voice actors, musicians and other artists.

Something worth noting is, being that times have changed, we advise your cartoon not have anything that could land this collab an A rating.

Specs

Length: between 10 seconds and 2 minutes and 30 seconds (you can ask for the length to be extended on Discord)
Frame Rate: 12-24fps
Resolution: 1920x1080
Video: MP4
Any more details will be given on your acceptance.

Submissions
Submit your application and finished animation Here ngtransformerscollab2023@gmail.com 

Banner/Thumbnail Art done by @CrockettDK, @Gray, @BeefyThunder, @BlackDingo86NG, @BrolyNG, @Bluehair0, @TheBulbmin, @CJSpellsfish, @Cursedtheworsed, @Crispycatra, @IgwanaSuchus, @InvaderDaniel, @Jammque, @KingCrowned, @Levi0nL1ne, @Logiwan, @0urCast, @SuperCS, @Slushydojo, @Uvii, @Wegra, @Whimsical-Wife, @WVDB, and @ZanderAflame.

Till All Are One

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 01:10:26

I would Love to be part of this collab, Please. I just sent an Email.

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 01:16:59

I've submitted my email! I look forward to working with you guys! Finger crossed

- J.M Loreto

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 02:29:40

I so need to apply as a transformers fan.

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 02:31:01

kys

mmmmmmmmmmmm

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 03:04:33

At 3/2/23 03:12 AM, CrockettDK wrote:
At 3/2/23 02:55 AM, WVDB wrote: I love war I love armed conflicts I love pointless gunplay
I LOVE BIG BOMBS THAT MAKE BIG EXPLOSIONS THAT KILL THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN, AND CHILDREN!!!

I LOVE GIANT MURDER CITY ROBOTS THAT FIRE BIG BOMBS THAT KILL THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN, CHILDREN, AND INNOCENT MURDER ROBOTS BORN INTO A CONFLICT THAT WILL NEVER TRULY END. WOW, I LOVE TRANSFORMERS!

You've gotten a lot farther than you should have, but then you haven't met Frank Horrigan either. Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die.

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 03:06:18

At 3/1/23 09:25 PM, CrockettDK wrote: Before time began there was a collab, Newgrounds held a collab for the Transformers over 15 years ago, and with the advent of a new movie coming this year, and almost 40 years of this franchise’s existence. It seems that the perfect time for a sequel has arrived. 

Hosted by me and @Gray We are looking for animators to join us in this new Transformers Collab where, unlike the 07 collab, we are opening the floodgates in what you can do. Instead of limiting you to the G1 Cartoon and Live Action Movies, you can make a parody of whatever version of the Transformers you’d like. Be it Beast Wars, Robots in Disguise, Armada, Animated, Prime, whatever.

Applying
We are opening this collab to the public and allowing users to submit applications to us. While some people have already been selected, we’ll need some more. To submit you will need to send an email to ngtransformerscollab2023@gmail.com with examples of your art and animation. We will be accepting Applications from the 1st of March to the 22nd of March. Applicants will receive notice if they’ve been chosen on the 28th of March with an invite to a discord with other members. You are able to collaborate with voice actors, musicians and other artists.

Something worth noting is, being that times have changed, we advise your cartoon not have anything that could land this collab an A rating.

Specs

Length: between 10 seconds and 2 minutes and 30 seconds (you can ask for the length to be extended on Discord)

Submissions
Submit your application and finished animation Here ngtransformerscollab2023@gmail.com 

Banner/Thumbnail Art done by @CrockettDK, @Gray, @BeefyThunder, @BlackDingo86NG, @BrolyNG, @Bluehair0, @TheBulbmin, @CJSpellsfish, @Cursedtheworsed, @Crispycatra, @IgwanaSuchus, @InvaderDaniel, @Jammque, @KingCrowned, @Levi0nL1ne, @Logiwan, @0urCast, @SuperCS, @Slushydojo, @Uvii, @Wegra, @Whimsical-Wife, @WVDB, and @ZanderAflame.

Till All Are One

dang, as a huge fan of transformers i really wanna do this. Shame im not good at animation though. ;(

You've gotten a lot farther than you should have, but then you haven't met Frank Horrigan either. Your ride's over, mutie. Time to die.

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 04:51:02

Applying

Specs

Submissions

Till All Are One

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 07:02:22

I got you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 07:16:58 (edited 2023-03-04 07:18:09)

I kinda want to participate, but I don't know if I'll be accepted, I have posted only 23 drawings and no animation whatsoever. I could do photo edits with some visual effects too. Hell photoshopping is my strongest suit.

Like really, Transformers is something nobody had any funny ideas to work with it.

There's Flashgitz who also used the space marines from Warhammer I think to fight off furries. It was funny, creatve, all that jazz ya knoe.

I've got my own funny idea, since the transformers are prefixed with "trans" how about I make them LGBT-themed.

The main character has the colours of the trans flag then he has to fight the deceptiphobes led by bigotron or something.

At 3/3/23 01:44 PM, Royal-Harmonica wrote: If there isn't a scene with Optimus and Megatron kissing, I'm not watching

Could do TBH since again my own idea is somewhat LGBT-themed. Only problem is I don't know if I'm a good candidate for this.

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 08:27:43

I loved the show as a kid, if anyone wants help with the music of their animation I’m down! You can also use anything I’ve already posted if you’d like.

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 09:59:13

Damn i was hoping tom randomly featured the old transformers collab for nostalgia.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 11:17:10

Omg, GrayNG and Scott the Woz are hosting the Transformers collab !

What a time to be alive :^)

Imagine being french

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 12:45:47

that's great, I love these things that the community does, I'm going to join with pleasure if I get to enter, of course lol

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 13:19:33

need the voices for Megatron and optimus prime, let me know

https://youtu.be/22kgZx6TbwQ - demo with voices

https://youtu.be/JTI_l0fWRTk

https://youtu.be/9Zzj2HqKsX0

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 15:58:17

At 3/3/23 01:44 PM, Royal-Harmonica wrote: If there isn't a scene with Optimus and Megatron kissing, I'm not watching

dw i got you

slusher

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 17:27:18

Because my part of the Collab is going to be based off of the recent Kotobukiya statues, I think I might need a female VA or 2 to help, just a basic 2010s era anime girl dub voice sort of thing, so if anyone has that ability to sound like they're from California and a girl, let me know.

That's how casting calls work right?

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 18:09:15

Applying

Specs

Submissions

Till All Are One

This is trully amazing

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 20:13:02

At 3/3/23 07:51 PM, Mrg19998 wrote:

Applying

Specs

Submissions

Till All Are One
i'm working on one

done

I'm a gamer/vlogger/animator

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 20:31:51

Head’s Up

dont make an animation before the application deadline ends, don’t make an animation that doesn’t fit the requirements given, and don’t make an animation unless you are accepted into the collab.

You can make whatever you want, but that won’t mean it will be accepted or featured in the finished Collab.

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 22:27:00

Looks cool! Can't wait for the finished product!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-04 22:28:37

I aggre!

Response to The Transformers Collab 2023-03-05 00:09:12

Hmmmmmm....interesting