00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AwesomepantsFilms just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies

489 Views | 28 Replies

Anyone here seen stuff like the kids cartoons based on Robocop, Rambo, The Toxic Avenger and others?

For some strange reason the toxic avenger kids cartoon's title was changed to Toxic crusaders.

A kids cartoon based on the aliens almost happened and it would been cool.

Aliens did have cool toyline

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 20:43:00

nah the aliens cartoon was a myth

those leaked screencaps were from a unaired commercial for the toys

"Don't you understand? You lost to fate! Walking the path of justice is true fate!"

autistic robot girl

she/her

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 20:44:35

At 3/1/23 08:43 PM, GGishere wrote:nah the aliens cartoon was a myth
those leaked screencaps were from a unaired commercial for the toys

I still would have loved to see that unaired animation.

The artwork in those screen shots looked really cool.

Obviously I didn't see Toxic Avenger as a small child, but Toxie and Nozone and the gang were my shiiiit as a kid. They were like a funnier, better animated, edgier Captain Planet who I also loved. I had most of the episodes recorded on VHS, action figures of most of them and collected every comic and most of the trading card set. I met Lloyd Kaufman as an adult and he's very, very nice and fun. Had him sign my dvd of Troma's War and my special edition of the masterpiece that is Poultrygeist.

Goddamn did I love my xenomorph figure, too. You'd squeeze the back of it's head and it's retractable mouth thing comes out.

What about that weird era in the 90s when every Jim Carrey movie was a cartoon series? There were 3 running simultaneously I think. Ace Ventura, the Mask, and I think Dumb and Dumber got a cartoon too.

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 20:55:55

At 3/1/23 08:49 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:Obviously I didn't see Toxic Avenger as a small child

I had a cousin that managed to convince his mother to buy a VHS copy of The Toxic Avenger for him.

He would have been a small child at the time.

One of his friends even had a nick name of bozo because of the toxic avenger.

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 21:00:57

At 3/1/23 08:49 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:Obviously I didn't see Toxic Avenger as a small child, but Toxie and Nozone and the gang were my shiiiit as a kid. They were like a funnier, better animated, edgier Captain Planet who I also loved. I had most of the episodes recorded on VHS, action figures of most of them and collected every comic and most of the trading card set. I met Lloyd Kaufman as an adult and he's very, very nice and fun. Had him sign my dvd of Troma's War and my special edition of the masterpiece that is Poultrygeist.

Goddamn did I love my xenomorph figure, too. You'd squeeze the back of it's head and it's retractable mouth thing comes out.

What about that weird era in the 90s when every Jim Carrey movie was a cartoon series? There were 3 running simultaneously I think. Ace Ventura, the Mask, and I think Dumb and Dumber got a cartoon too.

I remember those Jim Carrey cartoons.

The mask and Ace Ventura were played heavily in reruns.

as for the R rated toys.

I wanted to get my hands on some of the Terminator 2 toys.

those looked very cool.

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 21:09:16

At 3/1/23 08:49 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:Obviously I didn't see Toxic Avenger as a small child, but Toxie and Nozone and the gang were my shiiiit as a kid. They were like a funnier, better animated, edgier Captain Planet who I also loved. I had most of the episodes recorded on VHS, action figures of most of them and collected every comic and most of the trading card set. I met Lloyd Kaufman as an adult and he's very, very nice and fun. Had him sign my dvd of Troma's War and my special edition of the masterpiece that is Poultrygeist.

Did you have the toxic crusader toys?

At 3/1/23 09:09 PM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:

Did you have the toxic crusader toys?

Yes, I said up there I had most of them. I had Toxie, Nose-Zone, Dr. killemoff, Bonehead, and Junkyard.

I also got this new Toxie from Super7 toys a couple years back

iu_910464_116154.jpg

BBS Signature

I had Lloyd look at my town's VHS copy of Toxic Avenger (Tom very graciously introduced me). He said he didn't have that particular copy, as it was the very first VHS run. Brilliant quality, I even rumpled the tape on the smexy bit(s), still np. Anyway he signed it... met his wife, also sharp and endearing.

Thought that was cool AF, seeing the commercials... my Ma loved the OG Alien, dunno if she caught Aliens.

Could be said of previous decades, which I decline to list. For me, got a kick out of Thundaar the Barbarian (guessing based on Conan, that twisted Texan's treatises :3... but we in the old days were conditioned to face an uncertain future (which is oddly becoming true)

Vault 101 I have (LOST) many old and deleted Flash submissions, (you can't) PM me (dammit Tom) the filename, maybe I (godhelpmeonedayIwill) got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 21:22:59

At 3/1/23 09:19 PM, VicariousE wrote:
I had Lloyd look at my town's VHS copy of Toxic Avenger (Tom very graciously introduced me). He said he didn't have that particular copy, as it was the very first VHS run. Brilliant quality, I even rumpled the tape on the smexy bit(s), still np. Anyway he signed it... met his wife, also sharp and endearing.

Thought that was cool AF, seeing the commercials... my Ma loved the OG Alien, dunno if she caught Aliens.

Could be said of previous decades, which I decline to list. For me, got a kick out of Thundaar the Barbarian (guessing based on Conan, that twisted Texan's treatises :3... but we in the old days were conditioned to face an uncertain future (which is oddly becoming true)

I remember Thundarr, the end of the world was set in like 94, so I was watching reruns on CN while in the year of the apocalypse.

Herculoids tho

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 21:33:00

At 3/1/23 09:15 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:Yes, I said up there I had most of them. I had Toxie, Nose-Zone, Dr. killemoff, Bonehead, and Junkyard.

I never managed to spot any of the toxic crusader toys on the second market so far.

I have spotted a copy of the toxic crusaders video game for the nes.

These Troma things are very hard to find in the wild.

At 3/1/23 09:33 PM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:
At 3/1/23 09:15 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:Yes, I said up there I had most of them. I had Toxie, Nose-Zone, Dr. killemoff, Bonehead, and Junkyard.

I never managed to spot any of the toxic crusader toys on the second market so far.

Ooh, forgot about the game. I never played the nes one but I had the genesis one. It was actually really good, that side scrolling beat em up style. Love those games. Maximum Carnage, Double Dragon, Hyperstone Heist, those were cool multiplayer games.

Super7 has some other Toxic Crusader toys. The one I got is much nicer than their normal ones, they're pretty cheapish. None of the flair of the originals, they're just like a g.i. joe figure. But they're still fun. They also have little ones like "Monsters in My Pocket" ones in that come in blind packs. I think I bought a toxic waste barrel multipack of those.

Now my pee-wee:'s playhouse collection, THAT is something else. You name it, I have it.

BBS Signature

We should've gotten a John Carpenter's The Thing cartoon spinoff

Home, its where I want to be

But I guess I'm already there

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 22:28:17

there was a mortal kombat cartoon and toku style show

"Don't you understand? You lost to fate! Walking the path of justice is true fate!"

autistic robot girl

she/her

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 22:42:30

At 3/1/23 10:28 PM, GGishere wrote:there was a mortal kombat cartoon and toku style show

Mortal kombat toku show?

are you talking about mortal kombat conquest?

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 22:44:37

At 3/1/23 10:42 PM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:
At 3/1/23 10:28 PM, GGishere wrote:there was a mortal kombat cartoon and toku style show

Mortal kombat toku show?

yeah, that looks about right

ive only seen like a single clip of it tho

autistic robot girl

she/her

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-01 22:45:17

At 3/1/23 09:22 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:I remember Thundarr, the end of the world was set in like 94, so I was watching reruns on CN while in the year of the apocalypse.

Yea, kinda chad-like romp in our current remains.

'savagery, sorcery and super-science'

I mean, what a tagline lol

Herculoids tho

Is there an R rated proxy/influence? Always seemed a tad on the family milquetoast side

Vault 101 I have (LOST) many old and deleted Flash submissions, (you can't) PM me (dammit Tom) the filename, maybe I (godhelpmeonedayIwill) got it.

BBS Signature

At 3/1/23 10:45 PM, VicariousE wrote:
At 3/1/23 09:22 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:I remember Thundarr, the end of the world was set in like 94, so I was watching reruns on CN while in the year of the apocalypse.
Yea, kinda chad-like romp in our current remains.
'savagery, sorcery and super-science'
I mean, what a tagline lol

Herculoids tho

Is there an R rated proxy/influence? Always seemed a tad on the family milquetoast side

I think if anything, it was just biting Lost in Space. I just really liked it so I mentioned it. But Lost in Space tho. Dr. Smith overreacting to everything that happens is pure television magic. They keep rebooting it as serious drama, but I just want Dr. Smith caught in a nightmare he can't wake up from.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmIF8MlFNeS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 00:47:16

At 3/1/23 10:02 PM, PachkaCgrte wrote:We should've gotten a John Carpenter's The Thing cartoon spinoff

That could have been fun.

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 00:47:51

At 3/1/23 10:44 PM, GGishere wrote:

Mortal kombat toku show?

Out of context fights?

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 00:49:53

At 3/2/23 12:47 AM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:

Mortal kombat toku show?

Out of context fights?

i guess i wildly misinterpreted the show huh

autistic robot girl

she/her

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 00:56:53

At 3/2/23 12:49 AM, GGishere wrote:
At 3/2/23 12:47 AM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:

Mortal kombat toku show?

Out of context fights?

i guess i wildly misinterpreted the show huh

Antagonist: "You shall die" - cue techno music that yells mortal combat at the top of it's lungs than fight scene.

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 01:01:27

At 3/1/23 09:43 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

Ooh, forgot about the game. I never played the nes one but I had the genesis one. It was actually really good, that side scrolling beat em up style. Love those games. Maximum Carnage, Double Dragon, Hyperstone Heist, those were cool multiplayer games.

Super7 has some other Toxic Crusader toys. The one I got is much nicer than their normal ones, they're pretty cheapish. None of the flair of the originals, they're just like a g.i. joe figure. But they're still fun. They also have little ones like "Monsters in My Pocket" ones in that come in blind packs. I think I bought a toxic waste barrel multipack of those.

Now my pee-wee:'s playhouse collection, THAT is something else. You name it, I have it.

The Toxic waste barrel toys. Did it have the slime in it?

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 01:18:14

At 3/2/23 01:01 AM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:

Nah

iu_910668_116154.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 02:43:15

At 3/1/23 08:40 PM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:A kids cartoon based on the aliens almost happened and it would been cool.

I also remember Tiny Toons doing one with a multi-mouth alien.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 09:30:24

At 3/2/23 01:18 AM, DingleberryClock wrote:

Nah

The little plastic toys in the barrel of toxic waste really remind me of the muscle toys or mini dinosaurs.

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-02 09:49:38

At 3/2/23 09:30 AM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:

Nah

The little plastic toys in the barrel of toxic waste really remind me of the muscle toys or mini dinosaurs.

M.U.S.C.L.E., that's the other one I couldn't think of. Those and Monsters in My Pocket were so cool. Homies were pretty cool too, they had such a cringe aesthetic that they were funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-03 02:27:35

At 3/2/23 09:49 AM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 3/2/23 09:30 AM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:

Nah

M.U.S.C.L.E., that's the other one I couldn't think of. Those and Monsters in My Pocket were so cool. Homies were pretty cool too, they had such a cringe aesthetic that they were funny.

Cool, I just reminded you the muscle toys and it really refreshed your memory.

I never had at of the monster in my pocket toys or homies.

Response to Old 80's Kids cartoons based on R rated movies 2023-03-05 14:38:31

At 3/2/23 02:43 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/1/23 08:40 PM, PowerRangerYELLOW wrote:A kids cartoon based on the aliens almost happened and it would been cool.
I also remember Tiny Toons doing one with a multi-mouth alien.

That was pretty funny.