00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4DottorTette7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Treasure Hunt 2023!

72,764 Views | 594 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 06:08:28

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 06:11:26

Sorry if this was already answered, but when will the winners be announced?

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 06:27:29

Please remove all my posts from the politics forum. They are either misinformation or poorly worded.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 06:31:04 (edited 2023-02-07 06:32:01)

At 2/7/23 06:11 AM, urnam04 wrote: Sorry if this was already answered, but when will the winners be announced?

Winner will be announced February 17th

Who cares about my work and other fun - I'm here

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 08:57:40

You should check out this neat little action game with cool story.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 09:24:09

I remember playing Interactive Buddy back in either 2007 or 2008, but then I also played this sequel back in 2013:

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 10:13:09 (edited 2023-02-07 10:26:15)

Wodeworm has been busting his hump doing the Kanto Pokémon and just finished them, they are all super original and It's my opinion that these are some of the coolest renditions of Pokémon I've ever seen.

Sulaimandoodle creates art based alot in the Redwall universe and the occasional odds and ends like water paintings that are also amazing. Their art reminds me a lot of old-school childrens book art and It's super cozy.

I hope you enjoy my picks and give these artists some support. They deserve it.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 10:34:53

At 2/7/23 09:24 AM, SakuraStarNG wrote: I remember playing Interactive Buddy back in either 2007 or 2008, but then I also played this sequel back in 2013:
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/607894

Sorry, Interactive Buddy 2 was Frontpaged in December 2012. It is not eligible for the Treasure Hunt.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 10:42:14 (edited 2023-02-07 10:53:05)

At 2/3/23 10:37 AM, TomFulp wrote:
After more than a decade, @SplatterDash and @The-Great-One are reviving the Newgrounds Treasure Hunt!

Millions of creations have been shared on Newgrounds and only a small number ever get featured. A lot of great works fall through the cracks and the goal of the Treasure Hunt is to unearth the biggest hidden gems on the site.

What You Are Hunting For

As a treasure hunter, your goal is to find the best movies, games, art and audio that have never been featured and have not won any trophies, including daily awards or review crew picks.

Entries must have been published between January 1st, 2012 and February 3rd, 2023.

Each participant can suggest a maximum of TWO entries per content type. That means two movies, two games, two audio and two pieces of art.

Please don't suggest your own work.

Deadline

The deadline to enter is Friday, February 17th.

Prizes

The best item in each category will be awarded $185 to the creator and $185 to the person who discovered it.

We are crowdfunding to increase these prizes! If you’re down to sponsor this event, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me with a heads up that you are donating to the Treasure Hunt.

Sponsors

@The-Great-One - $500
@ornery - $150
@DrSevenSeizeMD - $102.17
@TheLoneStryder - $100
@CaperCube - $50
@3xBlastMx - $50
@GrantTheHierophant - $30
@DrunkGecko - $25
@53xy83457 - $20
@butterspam - $10
@Deluzzz - $10
Anon - $30
NG - $400

Judging

@SplatterDash and @The-Great-One are organizing a panel of judges who will comb through each category and determine the best hidden gems.

How to Submit Your Entries

Before entering, check to see if anyone already suggested your item, as repeats will be ignored. SplatterDash is maintaining a spreadsheet of entries so you can search that page for your URL. This sheet won't always be 100% up-to-date but will cover most of the entries at any given time.

When ready, post the links to your gems as a reply to this post. Paste each URL on its own line by itself; our forum system will auto-convert that to a rich media link with a thumbnail and info.

Remember, only two links per content type per participant! Let the hunt begin!

SplatterDash has begun a Swashbuckler's Log to highlight entries:

Swashbuckler's Log: Day 1
Swashbuckler's Log: Day 2

Treasure Hunt 2023!

Final Entries By: ethanblair

Movies:

My Last Selection Not The Most Entertaining But Very Informateive And Friendly Way To Teach People About Benefits Of Soap

Games:

I Gotta Be Honest With You I Took A Massive Risk As I Never Played It Though Judgeing By My Friend TheMiamiDeSantos Taste Theres Something There

Art:

One Of The More Unique Arts I Saw That Was Animated I Think Its Pretty Decent

Audio:

This Song Is . . . I Hope It Was Not Picked Yet Or Stolen It Is Beautiful Definitely Deserves More Love I Cried It So Beautiful

I Know Its A Bit To Early To Pass Judgement We Still Have Ten Days Left But I Feel Pretty Confident In My Choices There Were Many . . . Many More I Could Of Chosen For My List However I Site Theses As The Highest Quality

I Wish Everyone The Best Of The Hunt It Was An Honor Finding These For New Grounds

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 10:59:56

At 2/7/23 10:42 AM, ethanblair wrote:
After more than a decade, @SplatterDash and @The-Great-One are reviving the Newgrounds Treasure Hunt!

Millions of creations have been shared on Newgrounds and only a small number ever get featured. A lot of great works fall through the cracks and the goal of the Treasure Hunt is to unearth the biggest hidden gems on the site.

What You Are Hunting For

As a treasure hunter, your goal is to find the best movies, games, art and audio that have never been featured and have not won any trophies, including daily awards or review crew picks.

Entries must have been published between January 1st, 2012 and February 3rd, 2023.

Each participant can suggest a maximum of TWO entries per content type. That means two movies, two games, two audio and two pieces of art.

Deadline

Prizes

The best item in each category will be awarded $185 to the creator and $185 to the person who discovered it.

We are crowdfunding to increase these prizes! If you’re down to sponsor this event, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me with a heads up that you are donating to the Treasure Hunt.

Sponsors

@The-Great-One - $500
@ornery - $150
@TheLoneStryder - $100
@CaperCube - $50
@3xBlastMx - $50
@DrunkGecko - $25
@53xy83457 - $20
@butterspam - $10
@Deluzzz - $10
Anon - $30
NG - $400

Judging

@SplatterDash and @The-Great-One are organizing a panel of judges who will comb through each category and determine the best hidden gems.

Before entering, check to see if anyone already suggested your item, as repeats will be ignored. SplatterDash is maintaining a spreadsheet of entries so you can search that page for your URL. This sheet won't always be 100% up-to-date but will cover most of the entries at any given time.

When ready, post the links to your gems as a reply to this post. Paste each URL on its own line by itself; our forum system will auto-convert that to a rich media link with a thumbnail and info.

Treasure Hunt 2023!

Final Entries By: ethanblair

Movies:
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/751468

My Last Selection Not The Most Entertaining But Very Informateive And Friendly Way To Teach People About Benefits Of Soap

Games:
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/850370

I Gotta Be Honest With You I Took A Massive Risk As I Never Played It Though Judgeing By My Friend TheMiamiDeSantos Taste Theres Something There

Art:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/jadendafinger/the-jumping-zaborion

One Of The More Unique Arts I Saw That Was Animated I Think Its Pretty Decent

Audio:
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1067885

This Song Is . . . I Hope It Was Not Picked Yet Or Stolen It Is Beautiful Definitely Deserves More Love I Cried It So Beautiful

I Know Its A Bit To Early To Pass Judgement We Still Have Ten Days Left But I Feel Pretty Confident In My Choices There Were Many . . . Many More I Could Of Chosen For My List However I Site Theses As The Highest Quality

I Wish Everyone The Best Of The Hunt It Was An Honor Finding These For New Grounds

Ignore Hero Cash Cash It Was Actually Stolen Audio Ops

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 11:19:03

What You Are Hunting For

Deadline

Prizes

Sponsors

@The-Great-One - $500
@ornery - $150
@TheLoneStryder - $100
@CaperCube - $50
@3xBlastMx - $50
@DrunkGecko - $25
@53xy83457 - $20
@butterspam - $10
@Deluzzz - $10
Anon - $30
NG - $400

Judging

Okay Here Is My Choice For My Final Final Audio

Very Underated Frootza Also Has Great Covers Of Blink 182 And Many Other Songs I Highly Recommend Him

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 11:34:06

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 11:52:36

Maybe this will work:

This song kind of reminds me of Undertale. If Toby Fox heard that song, he might like it.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 13:06:12

Well finally something that i can take part in

ART:

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 13:56:28

This one may only be a second long, but the style and aesthetic are extremely well-done and it deserves more recognition.

This one's pretty neat, even if the creator didn't have time to finish it.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 14:17:21

For art:

Howdy and hello, folks :)

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 15:21:12

My bad, hopefully this one can fill the gap:

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 16:23:30

This is the most underrated thing I have seen

This not so much

Sergal

-MauveDash

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 16:38:19

What You Are Hunting For

Deadline

Prizes

Sponsors

@The-Great-One - $500
@ornery - $150
@TheLoneStryder - $100
@CaperCube - $50
@3xBlastMx - $50
@DrunkGecko - $25
@53xy83457 - $20
@butterspam - $10
@Deluzzz - $10
Anon - $30
NG - $400

Judging

Art:

Movies:

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 16:42:24 (edited 2023-02-07 16:44:51)

Crash Course

This introduces an all new way of solving the classic “connect the dots” puzzle games. The method is by having you connect, via paths of movement of the “dots;” just don’t crash into other dots or completed paths. It’s harder than you think.

Sudoku Classic Game

This isn’t like other sudoku games it’s interface is clean and clear from over clutter, making it easier to read the numbers. Plus there’s other highlight colors you can choose from. Overall it’s a well made and enjoyable experience.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 17:04:38

I don't know of many old ones that haven't already been frontpaged but these two artists have a lot of cool pictures and don't have a single one frontpaged.

And for the second artist-

The second artist draws some pictures with backgrounds too if that's what you're looking for. I just really liked this one.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 18:24:29

At 2/7/23 10:13 AM, Smokey-Fox wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/wodeworm/151-mew

Wodeworm has been busting his hump doing the Kanto Pokémon and just finished them, they are all super original and It's my opinion that these are some of the coolest renditions of Pokémon I've ever seen.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sulaimandoodle/badger-warrior-27-12-22

Sulaimandoodle creates art based alot in the Redwall universe and the occasional odds and ends like water paintings that are also amazing. Their art reminds me a lot of old-school childrens book art and It's super cozy.

I hope you enjoy my picks and give these artists some support. They deserve it.

Thanks bud :)

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 19:56:51

Cyberpunk is a perfectly coded game with no bugs at all

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 20:05:06

Retrograde is the GOAT

Butten mashing time

"Time travelers"

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 21:13:16

my best suggestion, took me couple of minutes.

Brave Night (newgrounds.com)

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-07 22:34:16

Movies:

Games:

Audio:

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-08 01:10:14

It looks good, but it's mentioned in the OP that you aren't able to submit your own works. Take a look around through the portals and find work from others that you enjoy but follows the rules as outlined in the OP!

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-08 01:10:31

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-08 01:13:18

At 2/7/23 06:11 AM, urnam04 wrote: Sorry if this was already answered, but when will the winners be announced?

While the submission period will close on February 17th, the winners will be announced soon afterwards. I won't give a specific time as to when they're announced as the judges need time to go through every entry, but you'll see a post not too dissimilar from how the Pixel Day results will look!

hi, I do things that make sounds and put them on this site, you can check out my stuff if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2023! 2023-02-08 01:14:51

@elijaheldridge Just got your recent entry, it's noted and in the running now!

BBS Signature