00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jd-d20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out

3,985 Views | 33 Replies
Respond to this Topic

I’ll be announcing the Best of October tomorrow but there has been a lot of cool stuff here this week so I thought I’d leave some notes!

Click the thumbnail play button on this song to listen to it in-page while you read:

First, we’ve been getting some incredible movies lately. I want to encourage more people to browse the Featured Movies page and be aware that if you click the white arrow button on a thumbnail, it will play the movie in-page and will continue to play the other movies in order. Sit back and enjoy! 

Be sure to follow the artists you like; new entries and blog posts by artists you follow will show up in your feed! It’s also great to vote and leave reviews.

@animatrocities has been on NG since 2014 but just turned up with their latest animation and WOW, they have come a long way! Be sure to support them as they continue their dream of being an animator:

@Stringbing also turned up with something special; a short story based on a larger universe he has previously pitched to studios. This is beautiful work, I hope he gets to make more!

I’m sure you’ve seen it on the front page box but I still gotta mention @SrPelo is back with the latest Spooky Month.

It's a great episode and is getting great fanart!

In the Art Portal, @omegachainoboy shared a phenomenal Castlevania piece yesterday:

I’m looking forward to more pixel art by omegachainoboy and I want to encourage anyone who makes pixel art to share it on NG; we love it here! You can also browse featured pixel art as a standalone list and we have an annual Pixel Day every year on January 23rd.

@gatekid3 creates consistently great pixel art, as you can see in his Halloween entry and this latest Pochita gif:

@gejospixelart also shared a cool Isometric Sonic Mockup this week:

If you want some music to listen to while browsing pixel art, @TheNewgroundsPodcast has put together a Video Game Music Hits playlist.

Does all this want to make you play some pixel games? This week was great for those too:

Parachute Peril has scoreboards and the competition is fierce.

Like I said at the start, the Best of October will be announced tomorrow! Expect an expansion on the prize tiers, thanks to all the great support we’ve been getting this month.

Other News

The Secret Santa art trade event will be announced soon and after the massive turnout last year, @PsychoGoldfish has been building a system to work as a hub for events like this!

We made changes to how art and audio scouting works.

@MindChamber has announced Robot Day will be November 26th!

There’s also an Australia Meetup on November 26th!

@itsreddqueen and @CommanderKuni are hosting an NG Cookbook Collab.

Peter the Ant Day is December 26th!

Enjoy some clickbait!

Here are some Art Portal newcomers to check out:

Reminder to go to the Movies hub and click that play button to watch it all:

iu_794276_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 09:20:50

PUP is great. I would really love to see it expanded in the future. I'm not sure why but it sort of reminds me of that weird NES game "A Boy and His Blob". Does anyone else catch that vibe, or is this just something old people say?

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 09:25:08

Indeed, I can't wait for new stuff to come out. Let's go!

The Bird of Hermes is my Name, eating my wings to keep me tame.

Final series of Spooky Month, sad that it ended but this is the most epic series, more epic than the previous ones!

Who cares about my work and other fun - I'm here

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 09:39:13

At 11/6/22 09:30 AM, VitalikNerd005 wrote: Final series of Spooky Month, sad that it ended but this is the most epic series, more epic than the previous ones!

Haven't you heard? November is now October Jr. We stay spooky til December now.

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 09:51:45

Thanks for the shoutout Tom <3

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 10:05:13

Got to welcome some of the art portal newcomers!

Glad to see them get some spotlight!

Watched a few of the movies on here, too! Incredible work, everyone!

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 10:06:33

There is a lot of great stuff coming out this past week and as well as through out October! Very exciting and inspiring~

Also i never notice the Movie Hub arrow till now! that makes it a lot easier to watch a stream of feature movies w/o stopping (im gonna use this definitely. its very convenient!)

Looking forward to seeing more content and updates on the site! Its been keeping me in high spirits and overall just been having fun chillin here~

BBS Signature

At 11/6/22 08:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: Click the thumbnail play button on this song to listen to it in-page while you read:

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1170299

This continues to be such a cool feature of NG! I love that anyone can just kind of set the background music for their news post like that! And such a bopping song too.

I don't think I'm a good artist, am I?

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 13:48:03

Happy to see a shoutout to the cookbook collab. I just heard about this yesterday and look forward to contributing.

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 14:37:58

listening to the song u linked while reading thru the newspost, feels pure class....

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 14:56:08

That movie Hub option is really damn cool, had no idea about that .. maybe a mouse over with (play all)? because I would've just clicked the movie to enter the page also it doesn't follow the order of movies played ( I'm guessing cause the scores are changing?) maybe a light highlight of the movie currently playing.? either way great function

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 15:03:52

At 11/6/22 02:56 PM, MindChamber wrote: That movie Hub option is really damn cool, had no idea about that .. maybe a mouse over with (play all)? because I would've just clicked the movie to enter the page also it doesn't follow the order of movies played ( I'm guessing cause the scores are changing?) maybe a light highlight of the movie currently playing.? either way great function

We do need something that highlights the movie that is currently playing. It SHOULD go in order, although sometimes it doesn't know a movie has a video version - sometimes because it doesn't and sometimes because something crapped out somewhere.

It would also be handy for both movies and audio to load in more entries when they reach the end of an auto-play batch, although we'd probably want to confirm someone is still watching / listening at some point, too.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 16:54:46

Another interesting and early update.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 17:28:47

A lot of cool stuff appeard on the Newgrounds lately, I'm impressed.

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 17:57:20

Man I'd love to make one of these lists one day

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 18:06:46

At 11/6/22 09:20 AM, Krash17 wrote: PUP is great. I would really love to see it expanded in the future. I'm not sure why but it sort of reminds me of that weird NES game "A Boy and His Blob". Does anyone else catch that vibe, or is this just something old people say?

@Krash17

I did but I did enjoy A Boy and His Blob the classic NES game.

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 18:43:14

NEWGROUNDS Cool stuff, by cool people.

BBS Signature

Thankful for all the new amazing artists!! Can't wait to see the best of the month tomorrow!! Ready Freddy!!

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 22:05:33

the suspense of wondering if you're going to place or not is really fun I think

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 22:53:20

At 11/6/22 09:25 AM, BaldIntegra wrote: Indeed, I can't wait for new stuff to come out. Let's go!

Which new thing are you the most excited about?

@BaldIntegra

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 23:15:57

I loved PUP! Would love to see more of it like some people have said already.

Now I need to catch up and watch the new Spooky Month!

hi i draw

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-06 23:34:31

iu_795296_8388771.webp

Octillery Social Credit Test DX | Octillery VS Collection

You ever take a rat...cut it open, stick your pee pee in, let it live? You remind me of that rat.

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-07 00:52:59

At 11/6/22 09:30 AM, VitalikNerd005 wrote: Final series of Spooky Month, sad that it ended but this is the most epic series, more epic than the previous ones!

@VitalikNerd005

I did miss Halloween. If only it could be more than just one night.

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-07 03:02:29

Also, there's a small poetry jam in writing forum started by @Krash17 - https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1513327

With 1 month supporter status as a reward

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-07 03:32:35

You need to show the world my website Tom, because it's real badass I promise

If it's your passion, don't let the mediocrity of the world taint it.

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-07 05:24:09

At 11/6/22 10:47 AM, OmarShehata wrote: This continues to be such a cool feature of NG! I love that anyone can just kind of set the background music for their news post like that! And such a bopping song too.

That is a useful feature that makes it easier to rock out.

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-07 06:48:13

I am excited about so many things right now, The continuation of Breaking Bad Gameboy'd, Peter The Ant day, Pixel day, the new christmas event... I will be designing stuff for a Madness Combat game now. I Am so excited for what is coming!

The Bird of Hermes is my Name, eating my wings to keep me tame.

Response to Cool Stuff and Cool People to Check Out 2022-11-07 09:23:53

Great Job to everyone out there. The final push for Audio was amazing!! Very proud of the community and look forward to Christmas!

Experienced Musician with over a decade under his belt.