00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CaitlandJohnson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Just Wanted To Say Hello

596 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Just Wanted To Say Hello 2022-11-01 13:36:43

Hey. I'm usually hanging around the writing forum as that's something else I enjoy doing. I live in an environment right now that can be hard, and sometimes even impossible to ever actually record because of noise issues. So right now I'm not actually doing much VA work myself, just little bits here and there when I can. I haven't done a lot but recently my voice was used for a very unprofessional, non-serious parody dub of an anime and that was an absolute blast. I had ended up recording far more than was required because I got to make up extra lines and have fun with it.

I have a grounded approach with VA work, I know that only the extremely lucky/talented people ever get to live off of doing it. If it only ever stays as a hobby, that's fine by me. Just being apart of cool projects and having fun in the process keeps it really organic I feel. Something I've had all through my life is this strive for "perfection" and hearing my own voice and going "Yeah, but it could be better." is something I still struggle with too.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and maybe if I have the ability to record some stuff for people that need it, that would be cool. I don't do it for pay or anything but if someone really wanted me and for a lot of VA work we could cross that bridge when we get to it. Not asking for any work by the way, just stating. Thanks again and I hope you all have a lovely day.

Response to Just Wanted To Say Hello 2022-11-01 17:57:03

Welcome! I think you have a very level-headed approach to VA, and honestly life in general. Grounded is good. I hope you find something cool to work on that helps you learn the things you want. Best of luck!