00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

fillup69 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

voice acting sucks

903 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

voice acting sucks 2022-10-17 18:53:42

So I did things.

I made two accounts

one was a honest professional VA account where I actually try hard, use professional information, worked hard to my audio sound decent with professional grade equipment and my other account, where I just wing it and do what I feel like, my voice acting troll account where I do what I want and say whatever and even put in some SFX in. I get more love trolling with my voice than I do when I'm actually trying to get somewhere professional with my voice. -_-

This shit sucks homie. When I try my hardest I'm never given a chance, when I'm trolling everyone upvotes. Maybe the secret is not to try.... -_-

Response to voice acting sucks 2022-10-17 23:12:35

I can understand your feelings, but based off your comment I think you might be overreacting. What I gathered is that you made two accounts on newgrounds and your least professional one was the one that garnered more attention. Well, considering this is new grounds I'm not surprised your "more fun" account is more popular considering newgrounds culture. And, second it's just newgrounds. You in no way can make an accurate judgement of yourself as a voice actor and voice acting in general based off the feedback you get from a site that's all about entertainment. So unless newgrounds is your only voice acting avenue (which is shouldn't be at all as your seriously limiting your growth if you are doing that) then your being too hard on yourself.

Response to voice acting sucks 2022-10-22 23:34:20

At 10/17/22 11:12 PM, WolfGentleman44 wrote: I can understand your feelings, but based off your comment I think you might be overreacting. What I gathered is that you made two accounts on newgrounds and your least professional one was the one that garnered more attention. Well, considering this is new grounds I'm not surprised your "more fun" account is more popular considering newgrounds culture. And, second it's just newgrounds. You in no way can make an accurate judgement of yourself as a voice actor and voice acting in general based off the feedback you get from a site that's all about entertainment. So unless newgrounds is your only voice acting avenue (which is shouldn't be at all as your seriously limiting your growth if you are doing that) then your being too hard on yourself.

i wasn’t talking about Newgrounds haha xD

and no it’s not my only voice Avenue. That’s just silly! When I fuck around on Voice roles, I get more praise than I do then when I’m acting serious

Response to voice acting sucks 2022-10-22 23:50:22

At 10/17/22 11:12 PM, WolfGentleman44 wrote: I can understand your feelings, but based off your comment I think you might be overreacting. What I gathered is that you made two accounts on newgrounds and your least professional one was the one that garnered more attention. Well, considering this is new grounds I'm not surprised your "more fun" account is more popular considering newgrounds culture. And, second it's just newgrounds. You in no way can make an accurate judgement of yourself as a voice actor and voice acting in general based off the feedback you get from a site that's all about entertainment. So unless newgrounds is your only voice acting avenue (which is shouldn't be at all as your seriously limiting your growth if you are doing that) then your being too hard on yourself.

It’s strange, I wanna fool around but at the same times I wanna get somewhere. I’ve been doing both. But maybe I need to focus harder and get better acting lessons. Learning is key. Welp better get a book.

Response to voice acting sucks 2022-10-23 09:50:20

That sorta shit often happens in a lot of creative fields. When you put in your heart and soul and a shitton of hours into a project, but nobody bats an eye.

Then you just put up some throwaway thing in a few hours and it blows up in popularity.

Wish I knew how it works...

Response to voice acting sucks 2022-10-23 15:52:21

At 10/17/22 06:53 PM, WackTheWeirdo wrote: So I did things.
I made two accounts
one was a honest professional VA account where I actually try hard, use professional information, worked hard to my audio sound decent with professional grade equipment and my other account, where I just wing it and do what I feel like, my voice acting troll account where I do what I want and say whatever and even put in some SFX in. I get more love trolling with my voice than I do when I'm actually trying to get somewhere professional with my voice. -_-

This shit sucks homie. When I try my hardest I'm never given a chance, when I'm trolling everyone upvotes. Maybe the secret is not to try.... -_-

I think the main difference could be that you might actually be trying TOO hard on your professional account. More often than not, people can really tell when a voice actor is having fun with their role. And my good friend @VoicesByCorey once said in his Summer Sessions Panel that if you are not having fun at that very moment, STOP! Take a break.

It seems when you are doing your trolling, you are having a lot more fun than when you try to go professional. And people hear it. People enjoy it when content is just having fun. People like fun! And honestly, sometimes even a role for a big show, movie, game, or any other media can be fun!

💖🌈A Quirky Artist & Creator with a Rainbow of Interests!🌈💖

BBS Signature

Response to voice acting sucks 2022-10-23 19:15:21

At 10/23/22 03:52 PM, ChromaCee wrote:
At 10/17/22 06:53 PM, WackTheWeirdo wrote: So I did things.
I made two accounts

I think the main difference could be that you might actually be trying TOO hard on your professional account. More often than not, people can really tell when a voice actor is having fun with their role. And my good friend @VoicesByCorey once said in his Summer Sessions Panel that if you are not having fun at that very moment, STOP! Take a break.

It seems when you are doing your trolling, you are having a lot more fun than when you try to go professional. And people hear it. People enjoy it when content is just having fun. People like fun! And honestly, sometimes even a role for a big show, movie, game, or any other media can be fun!

Oh and here's the thing, I did a Voice demo. And it really sucked. And by suck, I MEAN SUCKED SO BAD I decided I should get a windscreen and try again.

Response to voice acting sucks 2022-10-24 22:26:56

At 10/23/22 09:50 AM, Guidodinho wrote: That sorta shit often happens in a lot of creative fields. When you put in your heart and soul and a shitton of hours into a project, but nobody bats an eye.
Then you just put up some throwaway thing in a few hours and it blows up in popularity.

EXACTLY!!!

I just don’t understand that aspect! I fool around everyone is like… damn this is really good but then when I put effort into it everyone’s like… eh, they’d probably listen to it for about a second then turn off. 🫤

Response to voice acting sucks 2022-10-27 15:54:36

At 10/23/22 09:50 AM, Guidodinho wrote: That sorta shit often happens in a lot of creative fields. When you put in your heart and soul and a shitton of hours into a project, but nobody bats an eye.

I am definitely feeling this mood. Carefully crafted artwork/posts can get lukewarm reception, and then a shitpost gets a ton of positive feedback. Maybe people just respond better to sincerity and honesty? I'd love to know the answer to this as well.