00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rate my stuff on a scale from 1 to 10. Looking for feedback

125 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_743162_9665522.png

iu_743163_9665522.gif

I know it's trash, but it's my trash.

BBS Signature

And also these 2

iu_743166_9665522.png

iu_743167_9665522.png

BBS Signature

9/10 for the art

9.5/10 for the animation

If only the art has a highlight (just a bit) i'll give it a perfect score

3/10 for the art

1/10 for the animation

youve made like a single scratch on the surface of either of these things

the good news is its really only up from here

and the fact that youve included any animation at all is a good sign for exploration and ambition but

theres a lot of work to do

advocatus diaboli

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

At 9/4/22 07:52 AM, Template88 wrote: 3/10 for the art
1/10 for the animation

and the fact that youve included any animation at all is a good sign for exploration and ambition but

This is the type of criticism I wanted to hear.

Thanks, I'll try to improve

BBS Signature

At 9/4/22 07:55 AM, Value134 wrote:
1/10 for the animation

Since you've taken the initial criticism well, how about some tips to increase your levels?

Pixel artists often get completely hamstrung later in their development once they try drawing in higher resolutions... this is because they have learned pixel art fundamentals but not general drawing fundamentals. Its very important you draw in other non pixel art ways in addition to learning pixel art specific things. Most importantly is human anatomy and gesture, which cannot be efficiently studied in the pixel art medium.

Animation is an incredibly complex subject matter, experiment with it often, dont just animate by sliding around the figure, you have to frame by frame change the shapes AND colors to make things move smoothly.

advocatus diaboli

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

At 9/4/22 08:01 AM, Template88 wrote:
At 9/4/22 07:55 AM, Value134 wrote:
1/10 for the animation

Since you've taken the initial criticism well, how about some tips to increase your levels?

Pixel artists often get completely hamstrung later in their development once they try drawing in higher resolutions... this is because they have learned pixel art fundamentals but not general drawing fundamentals. Its very important you draw in other non pixel art ways in addition to learning pixel art specific things. Most importantly is human anatomy and gesture, which cannot be efficiently studied in the pixel art medium.

Animation is an incredibly complex subject matter, experiment with it often, dont just animate by sliding around the figure, you have to frame by frame change the shapes AND colors to make things move smoothly.

Sounds cool. Thanks.

In case of animation, I know about that. I just didn't put any effort into animating him.

iu_743301_9665522.gif

BBS Signature

Anyways, phisnom just retweeted my fanart (the second drawing on this post). Probably the most likes I've ever gotten on a tweet lol

iu_743309_9665522.png

BBS Signature

At 9/4/22 05:44 AM, Value134 wrote:
I know it's trash, but it's my trash.

i'll give an average of 6/10 for the general art, its overall very decent! However for art on the animation I will give it a 7.5/10 I personally really like it!

For the animation there's not too much to critique so, but the bounce it's very smooth so for that very specific aspect I give it a 8/10!

I hope I wasn't too harsh! And also take my criticism with a grain of salt I'm no pixel artist and I have no experience in it at all. However @Template88 has a wealth of experience in this field so I would value their critique more. I also agree with their evaluation of learning more than just strictly pixel art, colour theory, form, space and perspective are all things I can foresee being very useful to know in any 2d artform!

I wish u all the best!

Yuko