00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dragoner004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Getting into voice acting

765 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Getting into voice acting 2022-09-02 21:13:35

Hey everyone, I've been around these forums for a little while, and I've been taking an interest in voice acting recently. I'm an amateur in my mid 20's and I have a medium-deep voice. I like doing monotone or raspy voices. I currently use an AT2020 with a U-PHORIA M2.

I'm looking to get into voice acting just to collaborate and 'get out there,' so I'm not expecting big rates, and I'm even willing to do small roles for free.

I'm hoping to find gigs and collaborate with other creative people!

Response to Getting into voice acting 2022-09-05 00:25:08

At 9/2/22 09:13 PM, Flandern wrote: Hey everyone, I've been around these forums for a little while, and I've been taking an interest in voice acting recently. I'm an amateur in my mid 20's and I have a medium-deep voice. I like doing monotone or raspy voices. I currently use an AT2020 with a U-PHORIA M2.

I'm looking to get into voice acting just to collaborate and 'get out there,' so I'm not expecting big rates, and I'm even willing to do small roles for free.

Hey man, welcome to the team! Letting people know you're available is always a good thing, but bear in mind that if you want to get into projects, you'll most likely have to actively chase up auditions and put in a little extra effort. This can be frustrating sometimes, but on the flip-side it's great practice. Any questions, get right back to this forum. Good luck!

Response to Getting into voice acting 2022-09-05 11:13:11

At 9/2/22 09:13 PM, Flandern wrote: Hey everyone, I've been around these forums for a little while, and I've been taking an interest in voice acting recently. I'm an amateur in my mid 20's and I have a medium-deep voice. I like doing monotone or raspy voices. I currently use an AT2020 with a U-PHORIA M2.

Hey, I'm starting a new video game project called Rockwood and going to write up a small script soon, I'll need help with character voiceovers, maybe you'd like to take part in it? I can't offer you any $$ right now, but maybe you'd be interested in the project itself? There will be medium-deep voice characters in Rockwood, just DM me to get involved.

Response to Getting into voice acting 2022-09-05 14:13:16

At 9/5/22 12:25 AM, LuckyDee wrote:

Hey man, welcome to the team! Letting people know you're available is always a good thing, but bear in mind that if you want to get into projects, you'll most likely have to actively chase up auditions and put in a little extra effort. This can be frustrating sometimes, but on the flip-side it's great practice. Any questions, get right back to this forum. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up! I figured it wouldn't be that easy, so I'm always keeping realistic expectations.