00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GaboRabo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Beginner VA, M young adult, free/unpaid

946 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello NG VA forum. I've never tried voice acting before, but I am willing to work with someone for free on their project. I can't accept money due to visa regulation for international students in the US, but I will eagerly support and collaborate with you on your project for free to get experience in VA for my own benefit and entertainment. If this interests you, please reach out to me and I will determine if we're a good fit for working together on a project. All inquiries are welcome.

Response to Beginner VA, M young adult, free/unpaid 2022-08-28 02:38:40

At 8/17/22 11:44 PM, o5akafeeva wrote: Hello NG VA forum. I've never tried voice acting before, but I am willing to work with someone for free on their project. I can't accept money due to visa regulation for international students in the US, but I will eagerly support and collaborate with you on your project for free to get experience in VA for my own benefit and entertainment. If this interests you, please reach out to me and I will determine if we're a good fit for working together on a project. All inquiries are welcome.

Hey man, welcome to the club and good of you to reach out. Unfortunately, saying hi is not going to do much to advertise yourself, so if you want to get started, my advice is to start chasing up auditions. Generally the producers will expect you to come to them instead of the other way around. Try and get feedback on your auditions to see what you can or should improve. And ask for permission to use the recorded material so you can collect it for making your own demo reel, which may come in handy at a later state.

If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out over here. Good luck!

Hey, thanks a lot for replying! I'll work on doing as you said, maybe the best way is to just start with recording my voice and attempt improvisation of some known characters. Then use that as a link to send to people who are looking to audition other VAs for a project and then if they don't want my voice, I just start over and ask somebody else.

Response to Beginner VA, M young adult, free/unpaid 2022-08-29 05:06:13

At 8/28/22 02:05 PM, o5akafeeva wrote: Hey, thanks a lot for replying! I'll work on doing as you said, maybe the best way is to just start with recording my voice and attempt improvisation of some known characters. Then use that as a link to send to people who are looking to audition other VAs for a project and then if they don't want my voice, I just start over and ask somebody else.

Go for it! Keep in mind creators will most likely want you to audition for specific roles anyway, so most likely you'll still be putting in extra effort for each project. Save the very best material you record for your demo reel - first impressions and all that - to promote yourself outside of the actual auditions. Looking forward to hearing from you!

[Unpaid VA opportunity, multiple roles]

I figure since I started this topic, I'd just leave another response here about my new project that I'm doing for class. It's a RPG game called Rockwood, set in a fantasy world vaguely based on Arcanum (an old video game). Here are some characters that may need voicing:

1) Juney and Soma Lapis - Orphan "sisters" and farmers in their twenties.

2) Vera Prime - Retired Citadel campaign war veteran living at the farm where the two sisters work.

3) Hashid - a merchant and trader in his 50's

4) Ahmad - his son, student and jeweler in his early 20's

5) Sam - Hashid's nephew from a female sibling.

6) Mr.Pickles - Their pet crocodile

7) Wesley Fried - a miner in his 30's from Rockwood's silver mine "Shindig"

8) Bo Futch - A rancher in his late 20's. Bo Futch is an axe wielding feller, though all the trees in Rockwood are completely petrified, so instead he makes rock statues with huge hand tools.

9) "Auntie" Jessica Weech is an herbalist in Somber town, where she makes remedies and sells them to the local town folk.

10) Robert Crow is a mercenary that frequents Somber town's "Buck" saloon to gamble and talk to the ladies. He has a robot fighter named 11) Gasket that was built from scrap gears, but looks and acts fairly sophisticated.

Some of the pet animals need voicing too (extras), they are:

12) A bull named Jonesy (Bo Futch's fighting and sparring animal)

13) An owl called Dunkin (an annoying comedic relief character, it is Jessica's pet)

More roles TBD. I would also love to have the first script draft ready soon for people to voice. Please DM me if this sounds like something you would like to work on. You could also call out the number of the character you would be interested in voicing. I'm new at all this, so please be patient if I don't know womething or don't get back to your DM right away. Thanks, and have a nice day!

Response to Beginner VA, M young adult, free/unpaid 2022-09-06 00:18:27

At 9/5/22 11:48 AM, o5akafeeva wrote: [Unpaid VA opportunity, multiple roles]

I figure since I started this topic, I'd just leave another response here about my new project that I'm doing for class. It's a RPG game called Rockwood, set in a fantasy world vaguely based on Arcanum (an old video game).

Sounds like a great concept, be sure to give that its own post on the forum once you get further into development!

Response to Beginner VA, M young adult, free/unpaid 2022-09-08 12:27:27

At 9/6/22 12:18 AM, LuckyDee wrote: Sounds like a great concept, be sure to give that its own post on the forum once you get further into development!

Absolutely, LuckyDee. I'll get the project its own thread up and running as soon as I can. I guess this thread could be placed in the "Game Development" forum category, expect it there.