00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mufflet just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1]

4,606 Views | 183 Replies

Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 16:03:45

I'm about to regret everything i've ever done right now, but here goes nothing...

I really dislike "OC Drawing Threads". It's not because I don't like the idea. I really don't like when people make the threads but never "commit" to them. They make a thread asking for OCs to draw, a bunch of people post their OCs and the OP does a few drawings of them and that's it. A bunch of people keep posting or people who hav already posted are just kind of left in the dust. It would be different if the OP posted a stop or something, but they never do. I just find it annoying is all, but i'm not here to rant and complain about this (not today atleast)...

So here's what i'm going to do. I'm making my own oc drawing thread. I am committed to doing this right now. Here are the rules...

1. 1 character per person. Everyone gets 1 and only 1, so take time to decide who you want drawn cuz you only get 1.
  2. Depending on the subject matter or strangeness of your OC, I hold last say whether or not i'm going to/can draw your character. I can certainly try, but i'm not an art wizard who can draw anything and everything so I can't promise you. Explicit stuff is alright to a certain extent. No one will be drawn pregnant tho so don't ask.
  3. OCs will probably be drawn in semi-basic poses so I can get through them within a reasonable amount of time. They will also get flat colors and (maybe) some basic light n shadow. Nothing extravagant tho.
  4. Don't expect anything to be finished ASAP. Depending on what i'm doing / how I feel, it could take me a little bit to finish. Be patient and you're golden. I also tend to screw around a lot cuz of ADD. If I know what i'm trying to draw, I can go faster than usual. Even if it takes me a whole year, I promise that all OCs will be drawn at some point.
  5. Please please please provide references for your OC. The more references, the better. Descriptions of said OC are also welcome and encouraged.
  6. Pictures will be posted here when they are finished. When all 10 drawings are done, i'm going to take them all and put them into a big piece of art to show everyone. I'll post it on my page for followers to see, but not the art portal without consent from everyone whos OCs were drawn (all oc creators would be credited of course).
  7. Try not to be such a douche bag. Entitled doofuses will be cancelled and banned from further OC drawing rounds. We will all point and laugh at you as well.

VERY IMPORTANT OMG SO IMPORTANT: There are TEN [10] SLOTS and ONLY TEN [10] SLOTS. If you don't get a slot, that's it, you don't get a drawing. Depending on how this goes (hence the round 1 in the title), there could be more rounds later, so keep your eyes peeled. I will post a stop after I see there are 10 submissions so once that post is up, please don't post your OCs thinking you'll get in somehow, unless specifically stated by me that a drawing is cancelled cuz the creator was hasslin me or somethin.

This is all done for free by me cuz i'm bored and don't really know what to draw at the moment, but if you want to compensate me or something for whatever reason, you can DM me and we will chat about that.

To get a sense of what the art might look like, visit my page to look at the things i've posted recently.

I'm scared to hit enter and post this post......May god have mercy on my soul...

*presses post*

iu_699526_8014430.gif

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

At 7/18/22 04:03 PM, misterbright wrote: I really dislike "OC Drawing Threads". It's not because I don't like the idea. I really don't like when people make the threads but never "commit" to them. They make a thread asking for OCs to draw, a bunch of people post their OCs and the OP does a few drawings of them and that's it. A bunch of people keep posting or people who hav already posted are just kind of left in the dust. It would be different if the OP posted a stop or something, but they never do. I just find it annoying is all, but i'm not here to rant and complain about this (not today atleast)...

So here's what i'm going to do. I'm making my own oc drawing thread. I am committed to doing this right now. Here are the rules...

You’re entering a troublesome pit right about now! I hope you’re up for it.

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 18:20:32

That's why when I do these kinds of threads I commit until I've finished every user's request, as long as people are patient I like to deliver (it usually takes about a month for these types of poast to die out when you don't put a limit).

Anyways, you'll be fine!

iu_699658_8406717.webp

(・∀・)

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 18:25:59

iu_699668_8014430.gif

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 19:03:14

Shall I be the first? You’re good with shortstack women are you?

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 20:22:00

At 7/18/22 07:03 PM, OviManic wrote: Shall I be the first? You’re good with shortstack women are you?

i dont know what that means

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 20:35:21

At 7/18/22 08:22 PM, misterbright wrote: i dont know what that means

Very short and well figured women, in case you’re not joking.

Here’s a few examples of my character if you want to draw her. As links, so the thread doesn’t get overbearing with images.

Also, a playlist link of other art pieces of her made by other artists

https://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/9f50d73ecb95546f4d737614e489a112

Hope that covers it!

BBS Signature

You're being way too paranoid about this thread, is it the first time you do something like this?

Anyways, if it doesn't give you a heart attack, draw Jean-Luc Augustine.

He's the ghost of an evil genius who's been pulling the strings backstage, telling the United Nations what to do for over twenty years now. He is cursed, however, forced to attend to every afterparty hosted in the countries of France, Belgium and Nicaragua- if any of his names or aliases are mentioned, intentionally or not.

iu_699806_9484520.png

Check current mood, cool music!

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 20:56:16

Here you go!!iu_699812_9318939.png

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 21:03:24

At 7/18/22 08:35 PM, OviManic wrote:
At 7/18/22 08:22 PM, misterbright wrote: i dont know what that means
Very short and well figured women, in case you’re not joking.

Here’s a few examples of my character if you want to draw her. As links, so the thread doesn’t get overbearing with images.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ovimanic/ovivixen-1984-ad-poster-preserved
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ovimanic/go-jammers
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ovimanic/ovivixen-music-update

Also, a playlist link of other art pieces of her made by other artists
https://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/9f50d73ecb95546f4d737614e489a112

Hope that covers it!

#1 - ive never heard of a shortstack person before. you could have worded it better.

#2 - if this is u making an official request and not a pity request, i'll take the case

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 21:05:14

At 7/18/22 08:54 PM, WendigoVDB wrote: You're being way too paranoid about this thread, is it the first time you do something like this?

Anyways, if it doesn't give you a heart attack, draw Jean-Luc Augustine.
He's the ghost of an evil genius who's been pulling the strings backstage, telling the United Nations what to do for over twenty years now. He is cursed, however, forced to attend to every afterparty hosted in the countries of France, Belgium and Nicaragua- if any of his names or aliases are mentioned, intentionally or not.

i assumed more people would be flooding this thread with requests

I shall draw your ghost. You are #2 of 10.

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 21:05:34

At 7/18/22 08:56 PM, Healmore6969 wrote: Here you go!!

You are #3

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 21:26:49

#4 is taken by @kg2007

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 21:49:06

At 7/18/22 09:03 PM, misterbright wrote: #1 - ive never heard of a shortstack person before. you could have worded it better.

”Shortstack” is a common tag here in the art portal, that’s why I wasn’t sure if you were serious or not. Often used to describe small human/monster women like dwarves, halflings, hobbits, goblins, imps, etc. At most, they are half the size of an average human adult.

#2 - if this is u making an official request and not a pity request, i'll take the case

Yes, it’s official! I love seeing people draw my characters!

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 22:27:12

Uh oh. Uh ohhhh. You're in for it now.

1634502_skoops_starpunk-2021-design-lineup-danu.png?f1612870252

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 22:35:36

At 7/18/22 10:27 PM, Skoops wrote: Uh oh. Uh ohhhh. You're in for it now.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/skoops/starpunk-2021-design-lineup-danu

ur #5 but im not going to try very hard on urs

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 22:37:36

At 7/18/22 10:35 PM, misterbright wrote:

Because it'll just come naturally to draw a punky fighter lady, yeah? I get it.

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 22:45:08

At 7/18/22 10:37 PM, Skoops wrote:

now im gonna try even less

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 23:15:04

Your art style is really cool, but I wouldn’t want to keep the memory around of a bitter-spirited request thread. I wonder why you’re not getting people to bite?

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 23:19:25

At 7/18/22 11:15 PM, Thetageist wrote: Your art style is really cool, but I wouldn’t want to keep the memory around of a bitter-spirited request thread. I wonder why you’re not getting people to bite?

it's actually a very wholesome thread. Not bitter in the slightest.

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 23:29:06

At 7/18/22 11:19 PM, misterbright wrote:
At 7/18/22 11:15 PM, Thetageist wrote: Your art style is really cool, but I wouldn’t want to keep the memory around of a bitter-spirited request thread. I wonder why you’re not getting people to bite?

Maybe you think you’re not coming across in a pessimistic way. After all, you’re depressed, this is normal for you.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 23:31:56

At 7/18/22 11:29 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 7/18/22 11:19 PM, misterbright wrote:
Maybe you think you’re not coming across in a pessimistic way. After all, you’re depressed, this is normal for you.

Do you want an OC drawn or not? I'm very very busy at the moment...

*eats chips*

Yes, very busy.

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 23:43:44

laughs ebily

Draw this

iu_700004_9507916.webp

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-18 23:58:56

At 7/18/22 10:45 PM, misterbright wrote:

I mean, if you get to #5 at all, that alone would be a surprising amount of followthrough. 😉

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-19 00:06:46

At 7/18/22 11:43 PM, Dolorious wrote: laughs ebily
Draw this

ur #6

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-19 00:06:56

At 7/18/22 11:58 PM, Skoops wrote:
At 7/18/22 10:45 PM, misterbright wrote:
I mean, if you get to #5 at all, that alone would be a surprising amount of followthrough. 😉

i'm gonna do yours last now

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Hope I get magic number #7! Would love to see how you do my oc PUNK. She never smiles, but when she does she has one of those creepy "Jerma" smiles. Enjoys ramen, and posing suggestively or in front of an explosion. Don't worry about getting the tattoos right or drawing them at all, but IMO they're kinda fun to do.

Lemme know if you need more references (I don't wanna bloat the thread). Can't wait to see how you do it!

Squid pro quo. Tits for tat.

Check out my sketches and stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-19 02:37:23

Good luck with finishing!

Here's my oc.

iu_700115_6725762.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-19 02:51:56

At 7/19/22 02:32 AM, FlikkiShassART wrote: Hope I get magic number #7! Would love to see how you do my oc PUNK. She never smiles, but when she does she has one of those creepy "Jerma" smiles. Enjoys ramen, and posing suggestively or in front of an explosion. Don't worry about getting the tattoos right or drawing them at all, but IMO they're kinda fun to do.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/flikkishassart/acid-punk
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/flikkishassart/punk-armoury

Lemme know if you need more references (I don't wanna bloat the thread). Can't wait to see how you do it!

ur #7

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Mister Bright Draws OCs [Round 1] 2022-07-19 02:52:25

At 7/19/22 02:37 AM, colorsCrimsonTears wrote: Good luck with finishing!
Here's my oc.

ur #8.....also what is that? I dont understand what im looking at.

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature