00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

fillup69 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

LF: Young Adult Male Voice

1,168 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

LF: Young Adult Male Voice 2022-06-15 12:18:32

iu_667719_11255688.webp

Credit: Design by ohyeahfumi (deviantart)

Wow! Been a very long time since I came to NG. Had to make a new account since I don't remember my old one from back in 2010 lol.

Anyway, my friend reminded me of NG and I'm excited to be here again!

But that's not why you're here so let's get started!

I'm looking for a young adult male voice to voice Mattah (see above). Mattah is a storyteller who narrates my stories.

I'm looking for someone who just wants experience or to expand their demo reel. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to offer paid work right now.

The stories are semi-short one-shot campfire stories (comical spooky tales.)

Mattah narrates them by living in the story he's telling. The tone of his voice changing from calm to scared to excited depending on what's happening in the story. Pretty much he wouldn't have a monotone way of narrating like an audiobook. Those listening would feel as if they're watching the story unfold.

I have the first story done, it just needs some edits. Below is a small section of the story that can be used to audition for Mattah as well as an optional audition.

My goal is to later add sound effects, etc. I'm hoping to make a YouTube channel just for these stories. One step at a time though.

If interested, comment or dm your audition!

Thank you in advance!

[Audition]

Stepping through the door, the trio was met with an emptiness of abandonment and stale air. The main room of the Motel vastly absent of furniture or anything welcoming for that matter. The rotten wooden floor creaked under their weight as they made their way toward the welcoming desk that was covered in years of dust. 

At one time the Motel was probably a booming place full of guests and passing travelers. It certainly could have been, right? Maybe? But even so it had a vibe to it that didn't feel quite right. You know that vibe, the creepy one that sends shivers down your spine. The one that sets off that voice in your head; urging you to leave.

"So this is lovely, glad we decided to come here!" Kaia spoke up a little too loudly, being the first as always to break the silence as the sound of rain began to hit what was left of the Motel's windows. His face becoming somewhat distorted as he held back a sneeze that could possibly collapse the Motel down around them.

"Shh! Keep you're voice down, why do you always have to be so..."

"Looking for a room?" A low raspy voice spoke from behind the welcoming counter; interrupting Audra before she could finish scolding.

[Optional Audition]

Hi there! I'm Mattah, and I'm a collector of campfire fire stories. You know the ones right? The spooky ones with a comical twist? I love retelling them in my own little way, so if you have any to share I'd be more than happy to listen!

Response to LF: Young Adult Male Voice 2022-06-15 18:27:55

At 6/15/22 12:18 PM, ktails wrote:
Credit: Design by ohyeahfumi (deviantart)

Wow! Been a very long time since I came to NG. Had to make a new account since I don't remember my old one from back in 2010 lol.

Anyway, my friend reminded me of NG and I'm excited to be here again!

But that's not why you're here so let's get started!

I'm looking for a young adult male voice to voice Mattah (see above). Mattah is a storyteller who narrates my stories.

I'm looking for someone who just wants experience or to expand their demo reel. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to offer paid work right now.

The stories are semi-short one-shot campfire stories (comical spooky tales.)

Mattah narrates them by living in the story he's telling. The tone of his voice changing from calm to scared to excited depending on what's happening in the story. Pretty much he wouldn't have a monotone way of narrating like an audiobook. Those listening would feel as if they're watching the story unfold.

I have the first story done, it just needs some edits. Below is a small section of the story that can be used to audition for Mattah as well as an optional audition.

My goal is to later add sound effects, etc. I'm hoping to make a YouTube channel just for these stories. One step at a time though.

If interested, comment or dm your audition!

Thank you in advance!

[Audition]

Stepping through the door, the trio was met with an emptiness of abandonment and stale air. The main room of the Motel vastly absent of furniture or anything welcoming for that matter. The rotten wooden floor creaked under their weight as they made their way toward the welcoming desk that was covered in years of dust. 

At one time the Motel was probably a booming place full of guests and passing travelers. It certainly could have been, right? Maybe? But even so it had a vibe to it that didn't feel quite right. You know that vibe, the creepy one that sends shivers down your spine. The one that sets off that voice in your head; urging you to leave.

"So this is lovely, glad we decided to come here!" Kaia spoke up a little too loudly, being the first as always to break the silence as the sound of rain began to hit what was left of the Motel's windows. His face becoming somewhat distorted as he held back a sneeze that could possibly collapse the Motel down around them.

"Shh! Keep you're voice down, why do you always have to be so..."

"Looking for a room?" A low raspy voice spoke from behind the welcoming counter; interrupting Audra before she could finish scolding.

[Optional Audition]

Hi there! I'm Mattah, and I'm a collector of campfire fire stories. You know the ones right? The spooky ones with a comical twist? I love retelling them in my own little way, so if you have any to share I'd be more than happy to listen!

Messaged!

Response to LF: Young Adult Male Voice 2022-06-17 12:17:27

Role has been filled! However, I'm still looking for a female voice actor to play the role of Audra. PM if interested!

Response to LF: Young Adult Male Voice 2022-06-24 11:04:43

At 6/17/22 12:17 PM, ktails wrote: Role has been filled! However, I'm still looking for a female voice actor to play the role of Audra. PM if interested!

Sorry, I haven't been paying enough attention over the past week. Are you still looking for a female VA?

Response to LF: Young Adult Male Voice 2022-07-12 10:16:31

Sorry for such a late reply! Yes I'm still looking! If you're interested, I can send you over some lines?

At 6/24/22 11:04 AM, LuckyDee wrote:
At 6/17/22 12:17 PM, ktails wrote: Role has been filled! However, I'm still looking for a female voice actor to play the role of Audra. PM if interested!
Sorry, I haven't been paying enough attention over the past week. Are you still looking for a female VA?

Response to LF: Young Adult Male Voice 2022-07-12 14:02:32

At 7/12/22 10:16 AM, ktails wrote: Sorry for such a late reply! Yes I'm still looking! If you're interested, I can send you over some lines?

Haha, that would be a hilariously bad idea. But I do know where I might reach a couple... spreading the word!