00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KeyDraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This one goes out to all the girls "who graduate from animation"

854 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So apparently Cartoon Network is doing a CN REAL 2.0, where they'll be producing live action content again. Y'know...because it worked so well for 'em last time. But the reason they cited to justify it is just...*chefs kiss*

On the live-action expansion, Friedman noted: “Girls often graduate out of animation. Some of our most incredible competitors have been at the live-action game for a long time. We know that’s what girls want. With live action, we’re excited to reflect the world as it is, inviting girls in without alienating the boys. We do that through single-camera and multi-cam comedies and dramas.”

Source

To quote @Egoraptor:

ican'tevenfuckingbelievethisshithaveyouseenthisshitfuckijustwatchedthisshitfuckJessyEisenbergman

I personally find this so fucking hiliarious, since the overwhelming majority of animation twitter that I follow are women. And no, they haven't been silent about this and while 99% of the time twitter truly is a dystopic hellsite, witnessing this collective response is also just...*chefs kiss*

So here's to you lady fans of animation!

iu_662342_9770022.gif

Go ahead an let e'rebody know when your Animation Graduation date has been set!

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Support me at PATREON, SUBSCRIBESTAR or donate at my KO-FI

BBS Signature

Meh cartoon network has been complete and utter shit for many years now. But in any case it is amusing to see a horrid company get any form of big backlash.

Cartoon Network's competitors have live action shows. This is true. They do decent numbers. They're cheaper to make and maintain. Nickelodeon reuses its sets a lot, just adds a change of paint. Besides, live action shows don't have as long a shelf life.

iCarly is the last live action show I can remember. The most I remember from Nickelodeon is Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and SpongeBob SquarePants. Which someone correct me, I think is the only Nicktoon on Nickelodeon.

I don't remember a single live action show from Cartoon Network. I do remember Steven Universe, Uncle Grandpa, Regular Show, Ed, Edd, & Eddy, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, and Adventure Time.

The reasoning behind it is to appeal to the girl demographic? Wasn't that tried with Victorious and Unfabulous on Nickelodeon? The only girl show meant for the girl demographic that succeeded was Zoey 101. Now it is no longer remembered.

This is just stupid. You can make an animated show for girls and have it be fun, interesting, and pull in numbers. Know how I know? Because My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic lasted for 8 seasons. It started and ended around the same time as Game of Thrones!

iu_663214_5077139.gif

Industry people be industry people. Who needs the circus when twitter is a big top all year round?

"In matters of taste there can be no disputes."

BBS Signature

Cartoon Network actually acknowledging women?

I never thought I would see the day.....

They are going to fuck it up though....