00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SweetDandy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH

2,292 Views | 125 Replies

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 10:16:16

At 5/31/22 06:30 PM, WendigoVDB wrote: What are you gonna do this Pride Month?

The same I do every other month:

iu_654114_2278460.png

At 5/31/22 06:58 PM, WendigoVDB wrote: Honestly I don't believe people are born with a sexual orientation, we are just influenced by the world around us and the way we perceive it... But what do I know.

I for one believe everyone is actually bi, and what they "identify as" is merely the result of social conditioning.

At 6/1/22 09:48 AM, DrunkGecko wrote:
At 6/1/22 09:45 AM, WendigoVDB wrote: It has a guitar
You like it
Therefore it is numetal
you're thinking of @damnedbyfate

Shit, someone inform Nightwish that apparently they're nu metal now.

At 6/1/22 09:54 AM, WendigoVDB wrote: You're both the sane fucking guy, admit it!

Yes, we're both fucking the same guy.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 10:16:44

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 11:02:57

At 6/1/22 05:26 AM, WendigoVDB wrote:
At 6/1/22 04:41 AM, SecretBoxFox wrote: In celebration of pride month, here is a song written and sang by a trans woman.
The fuck is an oioion

I have no idea. This band incorporates incomprehensible high concepts into all of their albums. Probably a reference to some kind of spiritual thing which is somehow also a reference to the singer transitioning

Good times good times good times good times

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 11:22:35

Happy gay month

heres a trans tankmen meme

iu_654155_9321575.png

doing ur dad

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 11:24:33

At 6/1/22 02:07 AM, WendigoVDB wrote:
At 5/31/22 11:15 PM, anymany wrote:
At 5/31/22 10:15 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote:
At 5/31/22 09:36 PM, anymany wrote: I'll be in the closet since i still have yet to come out to my family.

my family is rather homophobic and transphobic and im scared that they'll just "tolerate me"
Funny enough, I didn't exactly come out to my family either, but I'm also not really hiding it. I would assume the rainbow flags in my home, my annual trips to NYC to see Broadway shows, and the whole "not having a opposite sex romantic partner ever" should be big enough hints for my family, if they are not too dense.
well the only one family member who know are my mom and stepfather, that's due to some....unfortunate circumstances, however, they believe that im gay, im bi. like a year ago I had a girlfriend so that threw them off and im pretty sure they think that it was probably just a phase, im pretty open about it with my co-workers tho bc they are very openly accepting of it. my family not so much, aside from my mom but i still am hesitant about telling her.

its comments that my family make that just really don't make me want to come out to them. there's a kid in my neighborhood in mexico who wears dresses and acts very fem, my family makes comments about how "ridiculous / hideous he looks" or to just "keep it private". bless his soul and I wish him the best, it takes some serious balls to be that flamboyant in mexico

and it's shit like that that just really petrifies me and doesn't want to make me come out
Same here. The world sucks.

it really does, bless the people who are willing to fight for LGBTQ+ rights bc i sure as hell dont have the balls to

professional putter togetherer

favorite inspirational quote

horniest BBS user UwU Nya~

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 11:26:47

At 6/1/22 02:08 AM, WendigoVDB wrote:
At 5/31/22 09:36 PM, anymany wrote: I'll be in the closet since i still have yet to come out to my family.

my family is rather homophobic and transphobic and im scared that they'll just "tolerate me"
Tolerate? The hell does that mean

I've seen a couple cases where ppl come out and they still interact with family but they don't truly accept them, deadnaming them, telling some if they found a opposite sex partner etc. shit's fucked

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 11:31:05

At 5/31/22 08:09 PM, sovkhou wrote: While I love this month primarily it gets people seething about it, I also just dread multi-billion dollar companies telling me they really care about the LGBT community and then once the month is over they go:

I'll enjoy the time I got anyway.

That dog is my spirit animal XD

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 11:43:56

At 6/1/22 11:24 AM, anymany wrote:

Funny enough, I didn't exactly come out to my family either, but I'm also not really hiding it. I would assume the rainbow flags in my home, my annual trips to NYC to see Broadway shows, and the whole "not having a opposite sex romantic partner ever" should be big enough hints for my family, if they are not too dense.
well the only one family member who know are my mom and stepfather, that's due to some....unfortunate circumstances, however, they believe that im gay, im bi. like a year ago I had a girlfriend so that threw them off and im pretty sure they think that it was probably just a phase, im pretty open about it with my co-workers tho bc they are very openly accepting of it. my family not so much, aside from my mom but i still am hesitant about telling her.

its comments that my family make that just really don't make me want to come out to them. there's a kid in my neighborhood in mexico who wears dresses and acts very fem, my family makes comments about how "ridiculous / hideous he looks" or to just "keep it private". bless his soul and I wish him the best, it takes some serious balls to be that flamboyant in mexico

and it's shit like that that just really petrifies me and doesn't want to make me come out
it really does, bless the people who are willing to fight for LGBTQ+ rights bc i sure as hell dont have the balls to

And you don’t have to if you’re not comfortable. You can do something else for the cause, like helping trans friends pick out names and clothes or something like that. (That’s what I do, haha)

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 11:47:40

At 6/1/22 11:43 AM, EscapistProductions wrote:

And you don’t have to if you’re not comfortable. You can do something else for the cause, like helping trans friends pick out names and clothes or something like that. (That’s what I do, haha)

yeah, i try to be a good ally whenever i can

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 12:09:01 (edited 2022-06-01 12:11:05)

At 6/1/22 10:01 AM, EscapistProductions wrote: I agree with this, in that sexuality in itself shouldn’t be made into a social hierarchy as if being one way is better than another. I think that a lot of folks took the messages that the month was originally intended to send, which were likely more like “let’s celebrate the act of being confident and open about yourself in a world where it’s uncertain how people will treat you” and “let’s have valuable discussions about the subject and spread awareness of the nuances”, and took it more as simply “LGBT = good”.

How much value, do you think, does this month still have in those other aspects?

not much really. from everything I've seen over the past several years it seems to me like pride month has been severely perverted and turned into a very ego-centric month of celebrating who you are just to feel special and accomplished.

Pride Parades are a particularly good example. clearly everyone at the parades is accepting of the LGBT+ lifestyle, hundreds of people show up (including heterosexuals), some police celebrate and wear flags, entire families have been known to attend, the town representatives obviously give it the green light. for the most part LGBT+ sexuality has become widely accepted in America, so what exactly are we celebrating anymore?

Personally I’m actually kind of excited for the discussion part this year - I feel very ready to actively try to find out more about myself, and to help support other people who may be struggling if I can. So I still see value in that part. What about you?

that's very wholesome and noble of you. makes me happy to see you gleam more profound meaning from the month than just flaunting your sexuality.

for me personally I've become a bit too jaded seeing how distorted the peoples perception of sexuality is. too jaded to feel comfortable with really doing anything for pride month.

but I really appreciate how optimistic you are about the whole thing. keep being true to yourself homie 🤙

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 12:10:17

I shank homophobes

Check current mood, cool music!

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 12:12:01

At 6/1/22 10:16 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 6/1/22 09:54 AM, WendigoVDB wrote: You're both the sane fucking guy, admit it!

Is it @anymany

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 12:31:00

At 6/1/22 12:12 PM, WendigoVDB wrote:
Is it @anymany

im i getting DP?

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 12:41:59

At 6/1/22 12:12 PM, WendigoVDB wrote:
Is it @anymany

No, @Wegra, god damn it.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 12:49:10

At 6/1/22 10:51 AM, sovkhou wrote:
At 6/1/22 08:44 AM, orangebomb wrote:
At 5/31/22 08:09 PM, sovkhou wrote: While I love this month primarily it gets people seething about it, I also just dread multi-billion dollar companies telling me they really care about the LGBT community and then once the month is over they go:
I hate these kind of arguments because it’s an intentional Morton’s fork that’s been created. While I’m not necessarily saying that it’s perfect or even ideal, the fact that companies are willing to even put a rainbow logo means (tacitly) that gay people exist and they buy their stuff like everyone else.
That's just the bare minimum, I've seen greater efforts be made on this month by small companies or just indie groups of all kinds than multi-billion companies just changing their logo for a month. Big deal for me to poke at companies a little.

Here’s the big difference, most of the small companies/indie groups don’t usually have the global recognition and are either generally within their own communities, or who have been historically active within the LGBT cause. Big corporations OTOH, have to deal with a lot more people with a lot more differing philosophies, (particularly those that are based in conservative regions) so there is usually an air of compromise when it comes to stuff like this, especially when a lot of people get all touchy when corporations make public statements involving anything political. (Rightly so, for the most part)

IDK, it just feels like that the whole big companies “appropriating” the rainbow flag in their logos is small potatoes compared to the real problems that the LGBT community face. Fighting over rainbow logos isn’t the hill that is worth dying on, tacky as they look, because some positive representation no matter how token, is better than nothing. (Which companies have ignored until about a decade or so, intentionally or not)

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 14:45:14

Not much, just remind people to be proud of who they are!

iu_654422_9638493.png

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

Hope you have a good day! <3

(Kirby says hi!) [Sig art by @soundskies]

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 15:42:29 (edited 2022-06-01 15:45:49)

Update: June 1st is here, time for me to do my job luv xx

iu_654471_8476900.png

(Also Happy Pride Month my lovely queers, no matter if you are a straight ally, gay, bi, trans, ace, pan, intersex, guy, gal, non binary person or identify as whatever gender you are, especially cats.)

♡︎Married To Boomhauer and Rusty Shackleford♡︎

🪶🧡🐈‍⬛Cherokee/Apache Princess and Queen Of Egypt🧡🪶🐈‍⬛

Redcornpilled🌽💖Professional Yandere 🔪🫀🩸💕💋

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 16:25:07

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 16:59:12

What are you gonna do this Pride Month?

I'm gonna tell people about that time I paid a fella £5 to suck me off

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 17:00:25

At 6/1/22 04:59 PM, AndersForsberg wrote:

That's... Y'know, just prostitution. It ain't that good of a story.

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-01 17:03:26

At 6/1/22 05:00 PM, WendigoVDB wrote:
At 6/1/22 04:59 PM, AndersForsberg wrote:
That's... Y'know, just prostitution. It ain't that good of a story.

I did have a few other gay experiences but they weren't really that interesting to me

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-02 02:16:36

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-02 08:32:38

At 5/31/22 09:14 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Ah yes, Pride month, as the USA is in the middle of trying to further control women's bodies and make being non-gender binary illegal, good to see everyone is coming together this month like the companies refusing to take a stand against what is happening while claiming to support diversity. Good times.

WAIT BEING NON BINARY IS ILLEGAL WHAT

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllssssssss

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-02 10:18:28

At 5/31/22 06:30 PM, WendigoVDB wrote: It's finally June and you know what that means! If you own a big enough company now's the time for you to stamp the gay pride flag everywhere you can! A whole month of celebrating the fights, mourning the losses and constantly reminding people of all that the queer community has achieved thus far! We are Legion, we are plenty!

Alright now, I'm actually really excited about Pride Month this year. I've seen a more active community recently and I really hope I can be more open about my sexuality towards others this time around. Perhaps I'll join a parade if I gey caught in one. If... we're not being chased after with pitchforks and torches, this is. God, I love my country.

I hope the pride flag gets copyrighted

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-02 10:20:13

At 6/2/22 10:18 AM, GabrielFPaquette wrote:
At 5/31/22 06:30 PM, WendigoVDB wrote: It's finally June and you know what that means! If you own a big enough company now's the time for you to stamp the gay pride flag everywhere you can! A whole month of celebrating the fights, mourning the losses and constantly reminding people of all that the queer community has achieved thus far! We are Legion, we are plenty!

Alright now, I'm actually really excited about Pride Month this year. I've seen a more active community recently and I really hope I can be more open about my sexuality towards others this time around. Perhaps I'll join a parade if I gey caught in one. If... we're not being chased after with pitchforks and torches, this is. God, I love my country.

Who's it gonna belong to, then? Some fat person on Tumblr?

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-02 10:22:58

At 6/2/22 10:20 AM, WendigoVDB wrote:

Who's it gonna belong to, then? Some fat person on Tumblr?

I was thinking some evil corporation, but a fat tumbler owning said corporation would be funny and somewhat realistic.

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-02 10:25:52

I don’t think It can. It was designed by one gay guy years ago but he didn’t copy right it so everyone can use it… I think.

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-02 10:32:09

At 6/2/22 10:25 AM, NewgroundsRanger wrote:

I don’t think It can. It was designed by one gay guy years ago but he didn’t copy right it so everyone can use it… I think.

Little does everyone know, but he's counting all the cash he's going to get as we speak!

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-05 06:22:15

At 5/31/22 07:21 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: hot take: I'd rather not have my sexuality flaunted around for a month like it's the only thing I'm known for. my sexuality doesn't make me worth any more attention than anyone else.

also sexuality isn't worth celebrating. it's not a virtue we have to work hard towards like generosity, compassion, patience, wisdom, moderation, etc. sexuality comes naturally to us.

It's like if we celebrated sleep or hunger, there's nothing worth celebrating it's just a natural process that's second nature to us.

tl;dr to each his own.

I used to feel very much the same way. Until I started looking at it this way: pride doesn't have to be a celebration of "being LGBTQIA+", but rather a celebration of not having to hide away in fear anymore, of not having to pretend to be what we're not in order to escape danger and discrimination. Of course being different in sexuality is just a fact of life, and not an accomplishment, and in that sense I think the term "pride" in itself may be a bit misleading. Even if you think of it in a sense of "being proud of overcoming adversity" I understand that can feel inapplicable for people who live a life where they have been honest about who they are to the world, and not had to face prejudice because of it.

In the state where I live, there are still plenty of people who are hateful and discriminatory, although not as many as I remember 10 years ago, or 15 years ago. And I have had personal struggles with my own family over it. Maybe for me that plays a role in it not feeling like this something that happened in history that's irrelevant to me today. There are people here who still fly the Confederate flag. It's useful to have symbols off acceptance to display in opposition to their symbols of hatred, and that's part of why the rainbow flag is still important to me, in spite of corporations' attempts to co-opt it for profit.

I do agree that some things like giant pride parades can get to the point of feeling vainglorious. There are those who make it a big party and don't really think or care about the intended underlying meaning. I don't participate in that kind of thing and I don't usually get along with obnoxious people who make their sexuality their entire identity. Even so, I am still glad they can do it and not be in fear, I try to remind myself that's really the important thing to take from it, and put aside my own annoyance.

BBS Signature

Response to HAPPY PRIDE MONTH 2022-06-05 07:02:47

hell yeah we are legion, we bow to Caesar and specially Nero but seriously happy pride month people

BBS Signature