00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What was the early 00's like for you?

1,330 Views | 84 Replies

At 5/9/22 07:02 PM, Wegra wrote: Which is 2000-2009.

Hiding from the Nuremberg trials.

Edit: Sorry guys wrong decade, oops.

"humanity came from the huge vaginal blast which started the universe"

-Lord Ashtar Sheran

(favorite video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLfFK_C-9HY)

BBS Signature

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-16 14:56:23

Neat.

Cool, wild and Groovy beat.

BBS Signature

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-21 20:44:03

At 5/15/22 08:52 PM, DamnWei wrote: kinda bad. got conscripted. finished fulltime "service" . then it got worse.

Whats conscription and how things get worse

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-21 20:45:11

At 5/15/22 10:03 PM, orangebomb wrote: Honestly, a lot of the 2000’s tends to blur together, since I moved around a few times and I pretty much drifted from different subcultures and attitudes without much of a care. About the most consistent things that were in my life during that time was pro wrestling, video games and anime, and I generally found bits and pieces of it on Newgrounds.

In addition, I dabbled with game emulation, particularly with 16-bit and handheld consoles, and if I was lucky enough, I was able to play retro games on my computer with wrestling or anime on a background TV. If nothing else, I found that more fulfilling than just about anything in school, with the next closest thing is being on a school sports team, at least if we’re winning that is.

Were you ever part of that goth scene/punk?

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-21 20:46:06

At 5/15/22 01:55 AM, Narratorway wrote: My mother was murdered by our neighbor in '02.

I killed my grandmother in '03 by failing to catch one of her dogs from leaping on her lap, rupturing her intestines and forcing her to die from sepsis because her cancer had weakened her to the point where they couldn't do corrective surgery.

And in '04, I drove my grandfather to the emergency room where he had emergency surgery done that put him into a coma we couldn't pull him out of and so we pulled his life support.

After graduating college, I worked at an christian game company called Digital Praise animating for three edutainment products for a year before they laid me off. It was the most fulfilling job I ever had and after that I just...stopped. Been spending the rest of my life being very very tired.

???

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-21 21:02:06

i played ps2 and gameboy and watch my dad and his friends play 4 player halo ce on the xbox (before divorce). occasionally my mothers friend would bring over his xbox and i would play halo 2 on a small crt he setup on the kitchen table (post divorce). my sisters were complete cunts cause i was a griefborn child so i was normally at my friends house. me and him would ride bikes around his backyard or play cops and robbers

its time of the year

BBS Signature

At 5/21/22 08:44 PM, Invincible18 wrote:
At 5/15/22 08:52 PM, DamnWei wrote: kinda bad. got conscripted. finished fulltime "service" . then it got worse.

Bravesearch it or used a dic. Life get worse. actually why the hell are you posting like a chat bot?

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-22 19:40:02

The early 2000s were a lot like the late 90s

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-22 20:18:15

pitbull was the hottest music in the early 2000's

I like root-beer

BBS Signature

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-22 21:16:29

At 5/9/22 10:22 PM, DrSevenSeizeMD wrote: 2009 was a great year.

are you sureiu_644595_8895059.jpg

Fredrick piss water the 3rd

my best thread

My channel :)

BBS Signature

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-26 12:06:22

Literally the only thing I remember about the 00's are Bionicles.

That's it.

OH MAN I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE SIGNATURES

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-26 14:28:18

At 5/9/22 07:02 PM, Wegra wrote: Which is 2000-2009.

Before I met you? Nothing mattered.

I was adrift in a sleepless dream, coasting along without any color, only black and whites.

Until you.

hello

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-27 03:51:49

At 5/9/22 11:24 PM, z0i wrote: Peaceful, I didn’t fucking exist, it was the fucking best until 09 where I happened

This post makes me feel old, even though I’m still relatively young..

Shit Happens

BBS Signature

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-27 03:59:31

gamecube go brrrrrr

(literally read like half a dozen posts before posting)

if there were two guys on the moon and one killed the other with a rock would that be fucked up or what

Can’t really give the best answer as I wasn’t there for all of it. Though I was certainly there for most of it, I wasn’t really exposed to (or remember much of) the culture or anything like that till about 2006 or 2007 so anything before that was just plain and simple. Thanks to my possible photographic memory, I remember 2007-2009 to pretty well. Though I was a difficult kid back then, I also cherish the carefree life and what not. I also had a lot of fun doing stuff most kids my age wouldn’t have done til later, like browse the internet and make my own accounts, play rated M games, and watch a variety of movies. None of this had any traumatizing effects on me really, instead it actually helped me to discover what I like at an early age and even helped me mature earlier. The only setback to this was my cringy ass phase when I was still learning how to not be a goof. (please excuse the long post dump but it adds some contribution at least)

Shit Happens

BBS Signature

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-27 16:40:59

Holy Jesus in Las Vegas tbh

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-27 21:30:43

2006-2007 was an such an epic year for me. I won the sperm race and escaped from prison within 9 months.

Copyright sucks till you own the copyright.

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-27 21:36:09

It was actually a pretty exciting time in my life. I think about it sometimes because while I love my technology, there was no real need for it back then. I would go to concerts and people were enjoying it without phones up. I know, I sound like a boomer, but I have about 5 concert videos I never watch. Why did I take them?

The 2000s were my teenage years. It was an awesome time to be alive. I wasn’t an adult so maybe I wasn’t aware of the things I am now. Was the economy as bad? Was there as much of a scare of the environment burning us to death or suffocating us? I don’t really know or remember.

The 2000s were a great time though. I wish I could hit a button and go back to see it again.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

The 2000's were basically a run-off of the '90s.

In the early 2000's I recently graduated art school. I was trying to get a job in my field, which was animation.

Also around this time I was also trying to get a major comic book publisher to publish my own comic book series for me but they weren't interested.

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-05-27 22:04:54

At 5/9/22 07:41 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote: The usual teen social awkwardness, nothing out of the ordinary.
Kinda boring, really.

I guess to expand on what i was like in those early 2000 years:

1) listened to a lot of emo and pop-punk bands: My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, Taking Back Sunday, Green Day, etc.

2) played a lot of Halo but because my house didn't have decent internet, I couldn't play any online multiplayer. So I played a lot of 1v1 matches with my brother.

3) read the Harry Potter books and watched the movies as they were being released. Even went to the midnight release for the final book.

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-08-10 19:41:22

At 5/22/22 09:17 AM, DamnWei wrote:
At 5/21/22 08:44 PM, Invincible18 wrote:
Bravesearch it or used a dic. Life get worse. actually why the hell are you posting like a chat bot?

Lol Im not a chat bot bro. And I know what conscription is now

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-08-10 20:11:32

A seemingly simpler time, growing up as a kid, the early 2000s really comprised mostly of playing Pokemon with friends on Gameboy Advances, doing link trades. After school cartoons. Anime on Fridays later into the night, Around 2009 though alot of people acted like they were already adults (Even though they were quite immature ) and definitely were acting more edgy for no good reason. Idk I guess when folks went from elementary school to Junior High they just got more obnoxious.

So I guess the early 00s were a neat time, but near the end it did get strange.

A different time, before everyone else knew on how to use the computer and the internet (if the people knew how to set it up right) and mobile phones becoming a thing (like the iPhone after mid-2007). It was the last decade that people knew on how to talk to each other and socialize with one or another and people didn't get hooked up with dopamine through Social Media websites or playing with a mobile device (also the internet service was quite expensive for them). But enough with my opinion about the computers and internet.

I would say the 00's were much different, weird, and odd then I remember, when I think about it now. The Tech was big and bulky to carry with, HD wasn't a thing yet, online gaming wasn't the focus for gaming in general yet (yes there were MMORPG games like Warcraft), you got on what you payed for (I'm referring the fact that the games were finished, even though some expansion packs existed for some games), going to the stores was much different compared to today's time and also the entertainment sector wasn't politically involved and not everything got personal (like releasing propaganda for an example).

I would think that the early 00's were from the year 2000 till mid 2005. I mostly played with toys, watched some movies during that time, played video games the most, drew some pictures (well some of them are interesting to see). I didn't start using the internet until I got an e-mail address in 2007.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to What was the early 00's like for you? 2022-08-10 21:09:38

I wasn't alive for a lot of the 2000s but if there is one thing that defined it for me It'd have to be this

iu_722505_11035867.jpg

we chillin

BBS Signature

I was either a sperm or shitting my diapers, of course it was amazing.

"i regret nothing (except shoving a cactus up my asshole)" - postal dude

BBS Signature