00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LegendaryWolfeh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds

15,621 Views | 104 Replies
Respond to this Topic

At 4/26/22 05:25 AM, Robman275 wrote: Artists/Creators might leave Twitter and flock to NG, just like what happened with Tumblr.

We'd need a kind of Twitter-like overhaul to the Feed system I feel like, for how some creators use Twitter, like myself

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 14:17:15

You WOULD joke that Elon Musk bought Newgrounds Tom

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 14:24:23

tom fulp the tom foolery-er

i draw cool stuff

and i make cool games

go play dux td !!! quack !!! its fun

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 14:24:52

At 4/25/22 11:26 PM, DrSevenSeizeMD wrote: Elon Musk ... 'd make it 72 hours tops on the bbs before selling us back to you, at profit.

I chuckle at the thought that Elon acutally is an active user on NG and is posting penis jokes and terrible movies every now and then. :D

BTW: We need a Musk set of Mood icons. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 14:29:13

At 4/26/22 09:32 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/25/22 07:52 PM, rtil wrote:
At 4/25/22 05:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: User pages now utilize larger thumbnails for galleries.
one feature i kind of miss and wanted to see expanded on was how it showed your most popular art piece for the year. it would be cool to be able to sort yours and others' art by most favorites/views/etc - maybe an option to toggle that off if people don't want others to be able to do that. or maybe this feature already exists and i missed it?
We still have that feature but we changed the name to "Highlight" because while it defaults to your most popular entry of the year, the page owner can choose to highlight something else from the year instead. We don't show it for the current year any more though, it starts with the previous year:

Is that the feature you were thinking of?

This update did introduce the ability to sort a user gallery by views and scores, although we've never introduced sorting by Favorites, which would be a fun addition. Is this dropdown what you had in mind?

We added another dropdown for date range but it's not too useful because it doesn't support custom date ranges yet.

yeah actually, not sure how i missed that.

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 16:27:52

Honestly, I'm glad he bought Twitter. I like it there, but without free speech, it was pretty yikes. So I left for a while.

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 17:20:46

Grrrr, clickbaited...

"I was born... out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I... BLAAAGGHHH!!" - Bacterion

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 19:02:55

Pad of Time credits song was actually uploaded to the audio portal by 2017. Man, time goes so fast.

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 19:06:26

I edited all my news to put their ratings!

Pico Day is June 11th! Prizes are over $2.5k and we’re crowdfunding for more.

Wait I thought Pico day was always April 30th? Why was it moved?

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 19:52:38

At 4/26/22 02:24 PM, Manderby wrote:
At 4/25/22 11:26 PM, DrSevenSeizeMD wrote: Elon Musk ... 'd make it 72 hours tops on the bbs before selling us back to you, at profit.
I chuckle at the thought that Elon acutally is an active user on NG and is posting penis jokes and terrible movies every now and then. :D

BTW: We need a Musk set of Mood icons. :)

Yeah We need a Musk set of Mood icons.

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 20:57:50

At 4/25/22 05:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: Ok not really but here is what has happened on Newgrounds this month: 

Filtering Updates

Your personal content filters now apply to every part of user pages, so you can avoid seeing the things you don’t want to see or only see the things you secretly want to see.

User pages now utilize larger thumbnails for galleries.

Blogs now have content ratings and your personal filters will be applied wherever blogs are shown.

New Supporter Perks

Supporters can now customize their profile picture shape!

Supporters can now add Suggested Tags to their gallery pages!

If you like these updates, consider tossing NG $3 a month.

Flash Forward

Play the Flash Forward entries! Everything in this link is new Flash content, made in 2022 and running in browsers thanks to Ruffle. Winners to be announced.

Other News

Dankmen Contest Winners have been announced!

The Toonami Collab is looking for animators to join in!

Newgrounds is taking over the SilvaGunner channel on April 30th. See @pikachu000000000's post for details!

@larreth is taking donation commissions to raise money for local lgbt organizations in the uk and scotland, specifically lgbtyouth, switchboard and scottishtrans.

@MarkAnime has published Pad of Time for Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Switch!

The Art Inspired Music contest is in progress.

Round 2 of the Voice Acting Contest is in progress.

Pico Day is June 11th! Prizes are over $2.5k and we’re crowdfunding for more.

Read the latest edition of The Tank Tribune!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/758380

is that no surprise that elon musk does that for being the richest man on earth but what about some voice actress or some wnba player? like dawn m bennett the voice of lilac from freedom planet or lisa leslie from the los angeles sparx

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-26 20:59:04

At 4/25/22 07:30 PM, BoMToons wrote: Why is Elon buying Twitter for so much, doesn't he know it's free on the app store?

what about a politician or a pastor? instead of elon musk it was "bernie sanders" or "ed young" what would happen then?

2nd Edit: Noting first edit of adding the word "support" after doesn't and before an. I have no plans to edit this post in the future.

If his words match his actions regarding freedom of speech within the extent of the law and promoting accountability regarding pro-life matters as he did several days ago through the overpopulation truth, then I'm extremely proud of him considering how many people will get to see all sides of debates instead of specific people being censored because it doesn't support an ideology of some carelessness and maintaining power for the sake of maintaining power rather than improving the environment they make decisions in.

It's not like that for every issue, but this could be an opportunity for people who aren't ethical thinkers to see conscientious, guiding trends for their everyday decisions in order to allow the world to become more advanced. If he is true to his word, he made a noble choice in acquiring such a vast platform for the above and with algorithms being disclosed as open-source, providing transparency of post-deletion reasoning, removing botting acounts, and authenticating genuine humans.

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 02:05:37

ay mister tom would it be possible for us to ever get a layout option ! !? i'd kill to be able to have that 2012 layout back

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 04:17:37

it's like april's fool never ends... and where can i buy NG stock if that happens?

I bet that @TomFulp is even more rich and powerful than the Tesla guy because THERE WILL BE NO OTHER MODERATOR AS TOM

The Bird of Hermes is my Name, eating my wings to keep me tame.

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 12:49:36

if tom don't own this shit even when he's dead, it will no longer be perfect.

Six big dicks

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 16:30:11

At 4/26/22 07:52 PM, flashmakeit wrote:
At 4/26/22 02:24 PM, Manderby wrote: BTW: We need a Musk set of Mood icons. :)
Yeah We need a Musk set of Mood icons.

I am okay with it. Make him feel more at home.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 16:52:05

At 4/26/22 10:22 AM, FireWaffle wrote: Nice clickbait! Maybe answer to the DMs sometimes.

Ease up, dude. You do realize one man can't answer the thousands of DMs he gets daily, right?

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 17:12:33

april fools

got you

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 19:09:05

With $44 billion, a real life penicorn could be engineered.

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 20:52:12

What

Pink Sparkles PonyGirl201642

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-27 22:55:49

At 4/27/22 08:52 PM, PonyGirl201642 wrote: What

Isn't this wonderful? GreenDungeonSlime can have all the free roam he wants!

Your (former) resident furfag on NG!

"SHAMWOW IS NOT OXYCLEAN, A DOG IS NOT A BROTHER. HOW DARE YOU SHRUG CLYDE'S LOSS OFF SO EASILY." ~ Billy Mays

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-28 02:08:02

I hope it happens, it would be nice

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-28 04:27:03

At 4/27/22 07:09 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: With $44 billion, a real life penicorn could be engineered.

We could start creating monkey butlers. That is what we really need.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Elon is on the move again i guess Mars wasent enough for him >_>

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-28 15:38:02

you gave me a heart attack

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-28 18:11:12

iu_619998_8500006.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Elon Musk to Also Acquire Newgrounds 2022-04-28 19:38:48

Is there no longer a way to see who scouted a user in their art gallery anymore? It seems to be missing from the footer where it used to be

BBS Signature