00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Casting for Cartoon Pilot!!

1,649 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-13 12:44:03

Hello, I'm currently casting three main high school teenage characters for my horror action 2D animated Candy Rot teaser trailer that'll be used as a proof of concept for the upcoming Indiegogo campaign. A budget will be raised to produce the 11min pilot. I have some contacts over at the horror streaming channel Shudder, and plan on pitching a series to them. But they want to see a completed episode.

The teaser is a collaboration. You'll get a copy of the final edit and screen credit. However you'll have a garanteed spot on the pilot.

Here's the show synopsis, characters, and designs.

In the small Massachusetts town of Pitchfork Falls, filled with supernatural Witch history, strange and unexplained things always seem to happen, but one is the most unusual to date. During the Halloween season of 1987, three horror loving teenagers from Forrest J. Ackerman High who call themselves The Jack-o-Lantern Society Greg, Beatrice and Adam must fight to save their beloved home from a local farmer turned radioactive pumpkin headed monster called Candy Rot, and his army of flesh eating zombies.

What will happen during the big showdown during the town's annual All Hallows Eve Carnival? Will our heroes prevail? You'll have to see it with your own eyes to believe it!   

Cast of Characters

iu_604338_10253787.webp

Adam Shimizu - Adam is our half Japanese high schooler is the leader of the "The Jack-o-Lantern Society". His weapon of choice against is his family Shinobi's ninjatō sword, and wields it with great skill, as he fights to save beloved town of Pitchfork Falls from the radioactive pumpkin headed monster Candy Rot, and his horde of zombies.

His favorite food is pizza, favorite band is The Lord's of Death. He also spends a lot of time at Beelzebub's Pizza & Arcade playing his favorite arcade horror themed game, Blood Manor, he's obsessed with getting the high score. 

iu_604339_10253787.webp

Beatrice Phibes- Beatrice is our typical 80s girl who's really into electronic music. She's also attracted to all things dark and spooky.. Her parents think it's because she was born during a Blood Moon on Octobers 31st. When Beatrice isn't serving table's at Beelzebub's Pizza & Arcade, she's writing horror stories. Her dream is to become the next great storyteller like her hero R.L Stein. 

(DM for Greg's design)

Greg Carpenter - Greg loves to read horror comics, and considers himself an expert on things weird and mysterious from U.F.O's to the town's very own monstrous legends. Adam also works part time at Videodrome, the local video store, and likes to make direct to video splatter horror movies with his camcorder, and wants to become the next Romero.  

Thank you in advance!

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-13 15:05:24

Sounds epic, I'll DM you

At 4/13/22 12:44 PM, PuppetGhoul wrote: Hello, I'm currently casting three main high school teenage characters for my horror action 2D animated Candy Rot teaser trailer that'll be used as a proof of concept for the upcoming Indiegogo campaign. A budget will be raised to produce the 11min pilot. I have some contacts over at the horror streaming channel Shudder, and plan on pitching a series to them. But they want to see a completed episode.

The teaser is a collaboration. You'll get a copy of the final edit and screen credit. However you'll have a garanteed spot on the pilot.

In the small Massachusetts town of Pitchfork Falls, filled with supernatural Witch history, strange and unexplained things always seem to happen, but one is the most unusual to date. During the Halloween season of 1987, three horror loving teenagers from Forrest J. Ackerman High who call themselves The Jack-o-Lantern Society Greg, Beatrice and Adam must fight to save their beloved home from a local farmer turned radioactive pumpkin headed monster called Candy Rot, and his army of flesh eating zombies.

What will happen during the big showdown during the town's annual All Hallows Eve Carnival? Will our heroes prevail? You'll have to see it with your own eyes to believe it!   

Cast of Characters

Adam Shimizu - Adam is our half Japanese high schooler is the leader of the "The Jack-o-Lantern Society". His weapon of choice against is his family Shinobi's ninjatō sword, and wields it with great skill, as he fights to save beloved town of Pitchfork Falls from the radioactive pumpkin headed monster Candy Rot, and his horde of zombies.

His favorite food is pizza, favorite band is The Lord's of Death. He also spends a lot of time at Beelzebub's Pizza & Arcade playing his favorite arcade horror themed game, Blood Manor, he's obsessed with getting the high score. 

Beatrice Phibes- Beatrice is our typical 80s girl who's really into electronic music. She's also attracted to all things dark and spooky.. Her parents think it's because she was born during a Blood Moon on Octobers 31st. When Beatrice isn't serving table's at Beelzebub's Pizza & Arcade, she's writing horror stories. Her dream is to become the next great storyteller like her hero R.L Stein. 

(DM for Greg's design)

Greg Carpenter - Greg loves to read horror comics, and considers himself an expert on things weird and mysterious from U.F.O's to the town's very own monstrous legends. Adam also works part time at Videodrome, the local video store, and likes to make direct to video splatter horror movies with his camcorder, and wants to become the next Romero.  

Thank you in advance!

www.imdb.me/JonnyKnowles

@mech_tree

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-13 16:44:37

DM Sent!

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-16 12:00:52

send a DM :)

Voice Actor

IMDb/Resume

Website

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-16 18:14:17

sent a dp

Fredrick piss water the 3rd

my best thread

My channel :)

BBS Signature

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-16 20:27:58

Dm, sent!

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-20 09:35:37

Sent a message!

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-20 10:31:19

At 4/13/22 12:44 PM, PuppetGhoul wrote: Hello, I'm currently casting three main high school teenage characters for my horror action 2D animated Candy Rot teaser trailer that'll be used as a proof of concept for the upcoming Indiegogo campaign. A budget will be raised to produce the 11min pilot. I have some contacts over at the horror streaming channel Shudder, and plan on pitching a series to them. But they want to see a completed episode.

Cast of Characters

(DM for Greg's design)

Thank you in advance!

I sent a DM~! Would love to try out for one of the roles!

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-04-23 03:08:05

Cast of Characters

(DM for Greg's design)

Thank you in advance!

I have sent a dm.

I'm interested and would like to audition if you're still taking auditions. Here's a link to my demo.

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-05-21 00:13:53

Sent a DM :)

Response to Casting for Cartoon Pilot!! 2022-05-29 23:22:19

I sent ya a DM for more info as well! Diggin' the character designs so far!