00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

yixaline just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What equipment and materials do I need to turn a bedroom into a voice acting studio?

760 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi. I recently moved to the Bronx - I have only been here about two months as of the time of the posting of this. Before I moved I signed up for a voice acting training program which I paid for, but I couldn't work the program because I didn't have the tools and equipment I needed to turn my den in my old house into a studio and I couldn't afford to get them at the time and I was focused on moving. I didn't have time to work the program anyway. Turning my den into a voice acting studio at my old place was not feasible. I had to move because my old house was not safe to be in and it needed too much work.

I forgot about the program but I want to focus on working it now.

I still need help setting up stuff in my bedroom in my new home. I want to turn it into a voice acting studio and home office/work studio in general.

If I'm not mistaken I should get:

A good voice acting mic

A pop filter

Downloadable voice acting software

Some kind of buffering material to pad my room with to drown out background noise

I think this is what the people in the program told me to get but I don't remember.

I want to turn my bedroom into a voice acting studio. Is there anything I'm forgetting?

Please tell me specifically everything that I need to turn my bedroom into a voice acting studio.

I want to learn how to voice act professionally for my own cartoons.

I want to get this show on the road.

Please help. Thank you.

At 4/12/22 11:43 AM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. I recently moved to the Bronx - I have only been here about two months as of the time of the posting of this.

Before I moved I signed up for a voice acting training program which I paid for, but I couldn't work the program because I didn't have the equipment and materials I needed to turn my den in my old house into a studio and I couldn't afford to get them at the time and I was focused on moving.

I didn't have time to work the program anyway. Turning my den into a voice acting studio at my old place was not feasible. I had to move because my old house was not safe to be in and it needed too much work.

I forgot about the program but I want to focus on working it now.

I still need help setting up stuff in my bedroom in my new home. I want to turn it into a voice acting studio and home office/work studio in general.

If I'm not mistaken I should get:

A good voice acting mic
A pop filter
Downloadable voice acting software
Some kind of buffering material to pad my room with to drown out background noise

I think this is what the people in the program told me to get but I don't remember.

I want to turn my bedroom into a voice acting studio. Is there anything I'm forgetting?

Please tell me specifically everything that I need to turn my bedroom into a voice acting studio.

I want to learn how to voice act professionally for my own cartoons.

I want to get this show on the road.

Please help. Thank you.

- FIXED.

At 4/12/22 11:43 AM, ngman7 wrote: Some kind of buffering material to pad my room with to drown out background noise

Seems you got the basics covered, except for this part which is only the half truth. Yes, you'll need to treat your room, but not to drown out background noise. At least, that sort of material isn't going to reduce traffic noise for example: the frequencies are so low they'll just drive straight through anything you can feasibly put up. For that kinda stuff, I just hope you live in a decently built house in a fortunate neighborhood - there's not much you can do about external sounds.

What you can and will use the treatment for is to reduce sound reflections in your recording space. For a good quality voice recording, you want the room to sound as 'dead' as you possibly can. And because these reflections are mainly in the higher frequencies, putting absorptive material on your walls, putting up racks of clothing or even building a blanket fort will be enough to reduce their energy to acceptable levels.