00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Skarp-Mahoney just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU

171 Views | 14 Replies

100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:40:42

Haven't you heard?

iu_567079_3457321.gif

Today marks the 100th anniversary of Nosferatu! Despite its age, the movie still manages to be pretty chilling even today. Perhaps because of how far removed it feels from us and how little we actually know about its production.

Adding further to this film's mysterious aura is that all copies of it should have been destroyed after a lawsuit from Bram Stoker's estate, yet a few manage to survive. It's kind of fitting, isn't it? Count  ̶D̶r̶a̶c̶u̶l̶a̶ Orlok always seems to come back somehow.

I love this movie. If you're a fan of horror and haven't seen it, I suggest you give it a watch. You gotta set the right mood for it, though. Ya gotta watch it late at night, with all the lights off. Letting yourself get immersed in the film and the eerie setting it creates. It's quite the experience.

BBS Signature

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:47:50

that's the fucker who keeps flicking out the lights

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:48:23

Since it's old as heck, tt's up in full on youtube as well:

I'm saving it on my watchlist for a spooky night

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:48:49

At 3/4/22 08:48 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Since it's old as heck, tt's up in full on youtube as well:

I'm saving it on my watchlist for a spooky night

repored

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:49:22 (edited 2022-03-04 20:49:37)

At 3/4/22 08:40 PM, metalsonic655 wrote: Haven't you heard?

Today marks the 100th anniversary of Nosferatu! Despite its age, the movie still manages to be pretty chilling even today. Perhaps because of how far removed it feels from us and how little we actually know about its production.

Adding further to this film's mysterious aura is that all copies of it should have been destroyed after a lawsuit from Bram Stoker's estate, yet a few manage to survive. It's kind of fitting, isn't it? Count ̶D̶r̶a̶c̶u̶l̶a̶ Orlok always seems to come back somehow.

I love this movie. If you're a fan of horror and haven't seen it, I suggest you give it a watch. You gotta set the right mood for it, though. Ya gotta watch it late at night, with all the lights off. Letting yourself get immersed in the film and the eerie setting it creates. It's quite the experience.

When will this shit be in the Public Domain. Is it in it already? Or does Spongebob pay royaltys?

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:49:31

At 3/4/22 08:47 PM, Piss wrote: that's the fucker who keeps flicking out the lights

iu_567080_3457321.gif

BBS Signature

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:50:46

At 3/4/22 08:49 PM, CrockettDK wrote:

Adding further to this film's mysterious aura is that all copies of it should have been destroyed after a lawsuit from Bram Stoker's estate, yet a few manage to survive. It's kind of fitting, isn't it? Count ̶D̶r̶a̶c̶u̶l̶a̶ Orlok always seems to come back somehow.

When will this shit be in the Public Domain. Is it in it already? Or does Spongebob pay royaltys?

Yeah, it's been in the public domain for awhile. That's probably why they could even get away with that gag.

BBS Signature

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:55:48

Great silent flick. Watched it on my own as a teen. Will never forget that image of him coming up the stairs and slowly walking through the doorway. And yeah, it was in the dead of night. Spoo0ooo0ky

BBS Signature

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 20:56:51

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 22:34:34

Bro maybe I'll give it a watch tonite after the terror that Elden Ring brings me, its pitch black asf rn and the only light here is by the Guidance of Grace

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-04 22:41:00

Oh hey that's the dude from Spongebob!

BBS Signature

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-05 04:58:35

Ha, Nosferatu. I remember first heard about that horror movie when i watch a Spongebob episode. Good times.

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-05 05:15:39

it’s also a good spell in Fire Emblem

hello

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-05 08:15:47

cool

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

Response to 100 YEARS OF NOSFERATU 2022-03-05 08:31:18

Nosferatu.

i am going to shit in your freezer

BBS Signature