00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AnchiiKyara47 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

In need of VAs for pilot.

965 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

In need of VAs for pilot. 2022-02-05 13:11:57

Good evening gentlemen, I am MisterChilly

I am working on a little solo pilot called Father Bonaparte, and I am on the search for Voices Actors who are willing to work on it, if you're that person, stick around because I will explain it all to you, including my 3 requirements for VAs and what the pilot is about.

What is it about?

the pilot is about Napoleon Bonaparte who on Take Your Child To Work Day, is instructed by his dad to be on his best behaviour, however this is short lived when his dad's co-worker tries to bargain Napoleon into liking him, a heated argument then begins between his dad and the co-worker, which results in Napoleon tell them to shut up and then shooting the co-worker in the head. Resulting in both him and his dad being called into the bosses office, which is where Napoleon is hired by the Boss himself for killing the co-worker, and his dad is banned from working for a week, and that's what it's about.

I am interested in this, but you mentioned your 3 requirements, can you explain?

Sure thing friends, if your wanting to do this gig, you have to follow these requirements that I urge you to do.

1. You have to have done more than 2 NG movies, this is to show that you have done some work before.
  2. You have to be willing to do this for free why you ask, the thing is I am currently 13. and I am simply not old enough to do transactions, have a bank account, a credit card, and overall have a PayPal account, and you need stuff like that to pay VAs, something I am unable to do, so for now you're gonna have to be willing to work for free, please respect this choice as much as you can.
  3. You have to try your best not to brag about this gig, this is something very personal to me, and I don't feel comfortable when someone I know brags about my stuff, It makes me anxious and insecure about myself, so respect this choice as well.
  4. BONUS: The Co-Worker and the boss have to be voiced by one person.

Wow, this is amazing, but how can I apply and how can I take part?

It's easy, REALLY EASY, First, you have to read the script I linked you as either Napoleon, Father, The Boss and the Ci-Worker, then after you read, you can make and send me a voice reel or send me a pre existing voice reel, you can do either first as well, after I have listened to it, if it's good, you're in, but if its bad, I can't let you take part, then you can choose who to voice, or if you want I'll choose for you, then you have to record your character's dialogue as separate WAV files and send them via Google Drive as a file, and that's it, I'll tell you when it's done as well too, and let you have a look.

Conclusion

That's about it, everything you need to know, I loved making the script, and I hope you love it too, i'll link the script down below, bye and I hope to talk with you soon!

The Pilot Script.

Matthew Astbury

Response to In need of VAs for pilot. 2022-02-05 13:47:14

Great work on the script man, I hope you get plenty of people to audition for you. I'll do the security guard in a Ron Swanson like voice for you, if you want (:

Response to In need of VAs for pilot. 2022-02-05 15:01:20

At 2/5/22 01:47 PM, LuckyDee wrote: Great work on the script man, I hope you get plenty of people to audition for you. I'll do the security guard in a Ron Swanson like voice for you, if you want (:

That would be great, which character do you wanna voice?

Matthew Astbury

Response to In need of VAs for pilot. 2022-02-06 11:21:56

At 2/5/22 03:01 PM, MisterChilly wrote:

Hehe, like I said I will gladly do the security guard for you. If you're looking for a particular voice for any of the other characters, have a listen to my demo and tell me what role you think I'd be suited for.

Response to In need of VAs for pilot. 2022-02-06 11:46:30

At 2/6/22 11:21 AM, LuckyDee wrote:
At 2/5/22 03:01 PM, MisterChilly wrote:
Hehe, like I said I will gladly do the security guard for you. If you're looking for a particular voice for any of the other characters, have a listen to my demo and tell me what role you think I'd be suited for.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1094783

Hello there, I LOVE hearing that Voice demo, such amazing voices, so I am proud to say you not only get the job of voicing the security guard, but I'm giving you the role of voicing the father as well, if you need reference on what the father should sound like, I recommended looking at his character design seen here, I can't wait to hear your recorded lines, and I hope we can talk soon.

iu_544566_10335422.png

Matthew Astbury

Response to In need of VAs for pilot. 2022-02-06 12:27:49

At 2/6/22 11:46 AM, MisterChilly wrote:
Hello there, I LOVE hearing that Voice demo, such amazing voices, so I am proud to say you not only get the job of voicing the security guard, but I'm giving you the role of voicing the father as well, if you need reference on what the father should sound like, I recommended looking at his character design seen here, I can't wait to hear your recorded lines, and I hope we can talk soon.

Haha, he looks awesome - I'm pretty sure I can come up with a voice for him :D

Response to In need of VAs for pilot. 2022-02-24 10:39:11

At 2/5/22 01:11 PM, MisterChilly wrote: Good evening gentlemen, I am MisterChilly

I am working on a little solo pilot called Father Bonaparte, and I am on the search for Voices Actors who are willing to work on it, if you're that person, stick around because I will explain it all to you, including my 3 requirements for VAs and what the pilot is about.

What is it about?

the pilot is about Napoleon Bonaparte who on Take Your Child To Work Day, is instructed by his dad to be on his best behaviour, however this is short lived when his dad's co-worker tries to bargain Napoleon into liking him, a heated argument then begins between his dad and the co-worker, which results in Napoleon tell them to shut up and then shooting the co-worker in the head. Resulting in both him and his dad being called into the bosses office, which is where Napoleon is hired by the Boss himself for killing the co-worker, and his dad is banned from working for a week, and that's what it's about.

I am interested in this, but you mentioned your 3 requirements, can you explain?

Sure thing friends, if your wanting to do this gig, you have to follow these requirements that I urge you to do.

It's easy, REALLY EASY, First, you have to read the script I linked you as either Napoleon, Father, The Boss and the Ci-Worker, then after you read, you can make and send me a voice reel or send me a pre existing voice reel, you can do either first as well, after I have listened to it, if it's good, you're in, but if its bad, I can't let you take part, then you can choose who to voice, or if you want I'll choose for you, then you have to record your character's dialogue as separate WAV files and send them via Google Drive as a file, and that's it, I'll tell you when it's done as well too, and let you have a look.

Conclusion

That's about it, everything you need to know, I loved making the script, and I hope you love it too, i'll link the script down below, bye and I hope to talk with you soon!

The Pilot Script.

I'm interested in voicing Napoleon. Just for clarification, how old is he?

Response to In need of VAs for pilot. 2022-02-24 12:31:48

At 2/5/22 01:11 PM, MisterChilly wrote: Good evening gentlemen, I am MisterChilly

What is it about?

Conclusion

The Pilot Script.

Hello. I'm down. I've done a lot of games, as well as animations, and just finished a project in California and received an IMDB accreditation. My voice is versatile with a wide range. Chk out my SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/incognito-cas/sets/vo-mix

Hit me up on Discord: Coin Agnostic#7288

Or telegram: https://t.me/voice_over_actors

A supercalifragilistic protagonistic villainous antihero monstrosity NPC extraordinaire. 

https://soundcloud.com/incognito-cas/sets/vo-mix

https://t.me/voice_over_actors

BBS Signature