00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DezTenShot67 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Can Do the Acting of the Voices

595 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I Can Do the Acting of the Voices 2022-02-04 20:35:35

KA

BBS Signature

Response to I Can Do the Acting of the Voices 2022-02-05 05:35:46

Hey man, nice work diving in there and posting some promotional stuff for yourself. The thing is: there's some background in there - sounds like you were fidgeting with something when you were introducing yourself - but worse, there's a ton of room sound in your recording, which is no-no in just about any project plus it makes it difficult to understand what you're saying. Can I ask how you've set up your recording space, particularly in regard to proofing the space?

Response to I Can Do the Acting of the Voices 2022-02-05 10:05:02

It was mostly done on my computer in my room.

KA

BBS Signature

Response to I Can Do the Acting of the Voices 2022-02-05 10:11:32

Well, that's not necessarily a bad thing. My setup is in the corner of the living room, but I made sure I have something to counter the room's sound reflections - that's your big enemy, basically.

I personally use an Auralex Mudguard:

iu_543804_4885749.jpg

But basically anything that absorbs reflections will help you - if you're able to make a little tent or fence like structure with blankets, for example, you'll notice a world of change in your recordings. Guy who's in the VA Collab with me set up his booth inside his walk-in closet - small space, so less obvious reflections, and all his clothes help dampen the sound.

I'd advise you to look into this, you'll be amazed at how little effort is needed to drastically improve sound quality. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to hit me up.

Response to I Can Do the Acting of the Voices 2022-02-05 10:12:18

Interesting...

KA

BBS Signature