00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LegendaryWolfeh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About registering the name of an animation production studio and comic publishing company

288 Views | 3 Replies

Hi. This is serious. I took a course called "Intellectual Property And The Law", which covered info on trademarks, copyrights and patents when I was in art school but it has been years since I have kept up with this stuff.

I am not an expert on the business and legality of intellectual properties.

From https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/small-business/trademark-vs-copyright#:~:text=Copyright%20protects%20original%20work%2C%20whereas,in%20the%20course%20of%20business :

" Copyright protects original work, whereas a trademark protects items that distinguish or identify a particular business from another. Copyright is generated automatically upon the creation of original work, whereas a trademark is established through common use of a mark in the course of business "

From https://www.dictionary.com/browse/patent :

A patent is "the exclusive right granted by a government to an inventor to manufacture, use, or sell an invention for a certain number of years. an invention or process protected by this right. an official document conferring such a right; letters patent."

I want to register the names of my own animation production studio and my own comics publishing company. Do I register for PATENTS for these company names?

How do I register the names of these two companies?

Please help. Thank you.

bro just call yourself a sole proprietor and start making shit. If you really care about protecting a name, apply for trademark

although this is like the last thing you should be caring about at this point

BBS Signature

I'm sure you don't really want answers to any question you ever post here, because you never listen to ANYONE, but my family owns a company and a non profit. Everything is trademarked and we're suing someone for trademark infringement right now.

Literally everything you need to do can be done on LegalZoom.com

Or you can contact your own trademark lawyer.

This is not something that needs to go on 3 pages with you linking random bullshit.

Yes, you can and should trademark any names you plan on using.

I've told you how.

Go do it.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

At 1/14/22 05:17 PM, RefurbishdSevenSeize wrote: I'm sure you don't really want answers to any question you ever post here, because you never listen to ANYONE, but my family owns a company and a non profit. Everything is trademarked and we're suing someone for trademark infringement right now.
Literally everything you need to do can be done on LegalZoom.com
Or you can contact your own trademark lawyer.
This is not something that needs to go on 3 pages with you linking random bullshit.
Yes, you can and should trademark any names you plan on using.
I've told you how.
Go do it.

Not to overstep your boundary as a moderator... but this is the end of the thread.