00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Will Turn Characters You Request

754 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I will do a full, animation ready, 8-point turnaround for your original character or a character you request.

Hey there, fellas! I just finished Round 2 of Ed Will Cosplay Your OC which puts a fun spin on the draw your oc type thread. I'll be doing round 3 starting Jan 7th, but I want to something different as well.

Post your original or favorite characters for a chance to have them composited in a fully turned character sheet. You can request any of the following criteria (please give reference wherever possible!):

• The Character - Who is it? An OC? A beloved character? An idea you want to bring to life? (Please give reference and/or description)
  • Style Influences - Want it to look like it's in a specific show? (Please give reference)
  • Line Style - Thick or thin, varied or consistent, tapered or even, rough or smooth, clean or textured
  • Color Palette - Stick to the colors in the reference? Do you have others in mind?
  • Anything Else! - Really anything else you can think of. This is just like if you were paying for character design work. I want to challenge myself to give you exactly what you want at professional quality!

I can't wait to see your requests!

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2021-12-28 20:30:02

Howdy!

I'd make my day I'd you could draw my OC Flare.

I have a refrence sheet of her right here so you can feel free to use the colors in reference sheet.

As for lineart I'd prefer it to be thinner.

Feel free to draw her in whatever artstyle you would like.

That's all, have a nice day ^^ iu_508897_9103958.webp

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2021-12-29 12:00:23

Hey! HI! Hellow!..

All I ask is keep her true to her character traits..

regarding the art itself, go wild, I'd like to see your take on Jericho

a main character for a comic I wanna make.... eventually... not soon..

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2021-12-29 12:58:49

Y'know what? Sure, I'm game.

Guy's name is Grizzle. No notes on style beyond what you see here:

iu_509358_9770022.png

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Support me at PATREON, SUBSCRIBESTAR or donate at my KO-FI

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2021-12-31 02:23:43

Hey, here is my OC named Addy :) It would be really cool to see a full turnaround of her!

Any style is fine, whatever you think would look good or just whatever you feel like doing! I also don't have a preference for line style, if anything maybe on the thicker side, with consistent thickness or slightly varied. Color palette could be same as the reference. That is all :) take any liberties where necessary!!iu_511006_4746775.webp

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2021-12-31 08:53:23

hello!

the character? my sona, J.U.D.G. Mk. III. (drawn by Nieveria on newgrounds!)

the line style? i think smooth, clean and thick should do.

the color palette? this one

anything else? not really; but i wanna clarify two things:

1. for the middle finger's nail, it's blue with a purple circle inside
  2. if you need extra reference for the brainblower, her left hand, look up the knuckleblaster from ultrakill and the spawner arm (from the game game). the base is essentially the knuckleblaster, the fingers are based on the spawner arm's, and the wrist is grey to keep the tone of the hand.

iu_511177_6614132.png

cool robot girl coming thru

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2021-12-31 09:24:04

Thank you for all the wonderful submissions so far! A lot off cool stuff to choose from! I will release the 1st design on January 10th and you can see the rest of my schedule on My Profile. I'll be posting the schedule for the 2nd half of January in a couple days (ALONG WITH A TEASER FOR THIS THREAD!) so drop a follow if you want to be notified. If this thread gets popular I'll likely release weekly just like my Ed the Head thread. Thanks again and I can't wait to see more!

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2021-12-31 14:57:48

At 12/28/21 04:58 PM, bergmik wrote: I will do a full, animation ready, 8-point turnaround for your original character or a character you request.

Hey there, fellas! I just finished Round 2 of Ed Will Cosplay Your OC which puts a fun spin on the draw your oc type thread. I'll be doing round 3 starting Jan 7th, but I want to something different as well.

Post your original or favorite characters for a chance to have them composited in a fully turned character sheet. You can request any of the following criteria (please give reference wherever possible!):

iu_511630_8170451.webp

iu_511631_8170451.png

I'm a gamer/vlogger/animator

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2021-12-31 15:07:26

Hoi. I only ask that you draw my first OC, Blaze, in the style of either A. The Amazing World of Gumball, B. Adventure Time, C. Eddsworld, or D. Madness Combat. You may stick to the original colors shown on the drawing. Make the line as clean or smooth as you possibly can. I would also like you to know that my OC is a minor and not an adult. Take your time with this and hit me back with a personal message when you’re done.iu_511640_10134768.png

KA

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2022-01-08 16:21:36

At 12/28/21 04:58 PM, bergmik wrote: I will do a full, animation ready, 8-point turnaround for your original character or a character you request.

If your up to it, here ya go.

iu_519427_9876195.webp

(Pyxl)

Colors: original gameboy green palette

Design reference: iu_519426_9876195.jpg

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2022-01-08 16:23:12

Use this for color and design reference

iu_519431_9876195.webp

(I use gacha for character design, not that other weird crap).

This looks at lot of fun! Take my sona! (I'm lazy to take another pic, so just go to the link.) I'm thinking something like a Kirby-like artstyle or just keep it simple. You just go by the colors in the sketch but here are the colors specifically since the quality is not the best:

• Dark brown for the hair (like milk chocolate)
  • Dark blue for the glasses and pants
  • Light pink for the hoodie
  • Light yellow for the shirt
  • Slightly dark pink for the blush and shoes, like Kirby's
  • And gold yellow for the star patch on the hoodie and black for the eyes

Can't wait to see how it looks, there hasn't been any art of her by other people at the moment!

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

Hope you have a good day! <3

(Kirby says hi!) [Sig art by @soundskies]

BBS Signature

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2022-01-08 20:01:44

That's pretty ambitious, but that's a good thing. No better way to prove you're a pro animation/character designer than to have a lot of different turnarounds.

If you want to add some challenge to the challenge, here's a high-detail design. Good news is that the work is more or less 3/8 done already:

iu_519659_8048042.webp

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2022-01-08 21:00:57

At 1/8/22 08:01 PM, Skoops wrote:

That's pretty ambitious, but that's a good thing. No better way to prove you're a pro animation/character designer than to have a lot of different turnarounds.

If you want to add some challenge to the challenge, here's a high-detail design. Good news is that the work is more or less 3/8 done already:

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/skoops/starpunk-2021-design-lineup-danu

was already a big fan of your character designs btw :)

Today is the day! Week One of my Character Design Challenge! You can find the lucky submission Here!

See ya next week!

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2022-01-10 19:11:28

Doing stuff like this is great man.

Do you think you could draw my Mascot thing like a Ren and Stimpy like character?

iu_521367_9475454.png

Queer Starscream

BBS Signature

I'll try this, why not? Got my main OC Quinn. His design takes influence from brighter B-Boy fashion (Jet Set Radio), Katamari Damacy, and 60s Psychedelia (the fashion in yellow submarine). The lines should be smooth and the color palette should stick to the references. My page should have more references if necessary, but that's about it really. iu_522340_8315209.webpiu_522338_8315209.webp

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2022-01-17 12:10:50

Monday is here and that means another character design you submitted! Go see it Here! I love all your submissions so far and I can't wait to release more of them! :)

Response to I Will Turn Characters You Request 2022-01-31 16:10:50

Hello once again! Here's another character turnaround! I'm sorry for no upload last week. Side note, If you need a vacation but don't want to enjoy it, get the Funny Flu. It's awesome!

And of course, please continue to submit your suggestions for characters you want to see in a character turnaround sheet! :)

Her name is C-3! She's a lab experiment designed to be the perfect human companion. She's been through a lot!

Anyways, figured I'd plop her here for ya <w<

(The second drawing is slightly outdated, hence the different head shapes. However, the second one has more accurate coloring. Merge them as you see fit!)

iu_539891_8342300.webpiu_539892_8342300.webp

The creator of Reaper's Storm! Come read it here:

https://tapas.io/series/rstorm/info

BBS Signature