00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Did you get your booster shot yet puppets?

4,381 Views | 144 Replies

At 1/2/22 04:50 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/2/22 04:06 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 1/2/22 03:55 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote:
At 1/2/22 03:51 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 1/2/22 03:38 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote:
At 1/2/22 02:56 PM, Gimmick wrote:
and conclusive studies are often wrong.
[citation needed]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis
What does this have to do with the issue at hand? I don't think you understand what the replication crisis entails.
That Scientific studies often produce incorrect results and the peer review process is generally pretty inadequate.
That's exactly why you have multiple studies being conducted on the vaccines' safety...and if multiple of them have come out with the same results then how does saying "rEpLiCaTiOn CrIsIs" disprove anything?
The ”replication crisis” is about difficulties reproducing results from other studies.

It’s not associated with the statement “conclusive studies are often wrong”. I don’t know why Joe chose to cite that.

If the results of a study can N0t be replicated then the results are either inconclusive or wrong given like 50% of studies cannot be replicated is that such an unreasonable conclusion?

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 17:17:45

At 1/2/22 05:11 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Shot…..

….and chaser.

Adverse reactions are common in regular flu vaccinations. It doesn't mean they were serious.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 18:04:42

At 1/2/22 05:14 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote:
[citation needed]
What does this have to do with the issue at hand? I don't think you understand what the replication crisis entails.
That Scientific studies often produce incorrect results and the peer review process is generally pretty inadequate.
That's exactly why you have multiple studies being conducted on the vaccines' safety...and if multiple of them have come out with the same results then how does saying "rEpLiCaTiOn CrIsIs" disprove anything?
The ”replication crisis” is about difficulties reproducing results from other studies.

It’s not associated with the statement “conclusive studies are often wrong”. I don’t know why Joe chose to cite that.
If the results of a study can N0t be replicated then the results are either inconclusive or wrong given like 50% of studies cannot be replicated is that such an unreasonable conclusion?

If something cannot be replicated, it’s a leap to say that they are incorrect. I agree it could be considered as “inconclusive” (not concluded) as it raises queries about the original conditions.

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 18:18:11

[citation needed]

I said

conclusive studies are often wrong.

If I meant “I can prove that the vaccines are more dangerous than claimed” then that’s what I would have said.

But do multiple studies that back each other up prove each other?

Not if they are all flawed.

Why would studies carried out all be flawed?

Because they all were deliberately set up to find the same results.

Any research set up by a multi-billion dollar company to determine something in which they have a vested interest is automatically suspect, not only that with enough money it is quite possible to bury inconvenient research from independent sources.

Governments also have vested interests in the vaccine being declared safe, the existence of the vaccine make it look like they are in control, many politicians have vested interests in pharmaceutical companies, but worst of all if it came out that the vaccine they have just spent an incredible amount of money on developing, purchasing and implementing and were encouraging/coercing/forcing the public to take was dangerous then it would create one of the worst political scandals ever, that would probably spell the end of the careers of all involved.

Governments are masters at carefully exerting pressure and suppressing information.

Then there are the individual researchers, if they came out with a study that suggested that the vaccine might have significant dangerous side effects, then they may cause public panic which they may be reticent to do so until they were absolutely sure of their research which could take a lot of time and they may also be frightened of being branded an “anti-Vaxxer” and ultimately a “discredited anti-vaxxer” which may not be good for their career.

Scientific journals which also play a role may also have vested interests in the pharmaceutical industry and may buy in to the dogma around the vaccine.

So given this environment I would not be at all surprised to see multiple flawed misleading studies backing each other up.

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 18:25:21

At 1/2/22 03:56 PM, DamonZomboid wrote: It made my fucking balls hurt and I wanted to die.

Did you pat your robertson immediately after getting it?

At 1/2/22 05:11 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Shot…..

….and chaser.

You declare your own life to be worthless if you're unwilling to give it for anything.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 18:32:58

At 1/2/22 06:04 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
[citation needed]

If something cannot be replicated, it’s a leap to say that they are incorrect. I agree it could be considered as “inconclusive” (not concluded) as it raises queries about the original conditions.

So if a study is inconclusive surely there is a reasonable probability that it is wrong, I would conjecture that most properly carried out studies should be replicatable in a rigorous environment, given the fact that the laws of physics are pretty constant.

So I would guess that the number of unreplicatable studies being fundamentally flawed would be way over 50%, given the fact that something like 50% of published research is unreplicatable then a figure of 25% of all published research being wrong would be an underestimate.

Even then if the figure was lower than I imagine, say 10%, even 5% that would still translate to a lot of bad results.

At 1/2/22 06:18 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote:
[citation needed]
I said
If I meant “I can prove that the vaccines are more dangerous than claimed” then that’s what I would have said.

Any research set up by a multi-billion dollar company to determine something in which they have a vested interest is automatically suspect, not only that with enough money it is quite possible to bury inconvenient research from independent sources.

Governments also have vested interests in the vaccine being declared safe, the existence of the vaccine make it look like they are in control, many politicians have vested interests in pharmaceutical companies, but worst of all if it came out that the vaccine they have just spent an incredible amount of money on developing, purchasing and implementing and were encouraging/coercing/forcing the public to take was dangerous then it would create one of the worst political scandals ever, that would probably spell the end of the careers of all involved.
Governments are masters at carefully exerting pressure and suppressing information.

Then there are the individual researchers, if they came out with a study that suggested that the vaccine might have significant dangerous side effects, then they may cause public panic which they may be reticent to do so until they were absolutely sure of their research which could take a lot of time and they may also be frightened of being branded an “anti-Vaxxer” and ultimately a “discredited anti-vaxxer” which may not be good for their career.
Scientific journals which also play a role may also have vested interests in the pharmaceutical industry and may buy in to the dogma around the vaccine.

So given this environment I would not be at all surprised to see multiple flawed misleading studies backing each other up.

So, this just sounds like you are trying to pick and choose what you want to believe in, because your faith is controlled by those who don't understand science, or medical, research...

I think at this point, with hundreds of millions already vaccinated, with little evidence that it's hurting millions, I think your humping the wrong thing here. Just a suggestion.

[citation needed]
I said

Now we are in the realm of high comedy.

*Yawn*

100% of what you're saying is baseless and cannot be confirmed, and you have literally 0 sources to back your claim up. I know for a fact that if I probe you for sources, you will refer to things like the Tuskegee syphilis experiment and other things that happened way back in the past that are no way near applicable today, so there is honestly no point continuing this discussion because you're willing to weave threads out of thin air to justify your reasoning. Things that would not hold up with even the slightest critical examination, but you'll continue gish galloping your way to "victory" by blasting statement after meaningless statement. That has and will always be your modus operandi, as I've seen that countless times in this thread and others.

But here's some final food for thought.

If your statement - that the vaccines really were "dangerous", to the point that governments would suppress the research for fear of public panic - then why the fuck did they halt the J&J and AZ vaccines when the first news came out of the potential blood clotting in younger people? Why were the mRNA vaccines given to them, even though the risks were overwhelmingly tiny? Why did we have to go through the entire media circus of the J&J and the AZ vaccines being "deadly", when your premise is that the government would suppress that very research?

Either of multiple possible reasons come to light:

1. The governments are incapable of suppressing research;
  2. The governments are making it transparent in order to provide the public with as much data as possible to prevent giving ammo to conspiracy theorists;
  3. You have no clue what you are talking about at all.

All 3 are possible, but given the history of your posts, I think that #3 is overwhelmingly the case. You give links to random wikipedia articles without being able to articulate clearly what you're saying, so that when others call you out on it, then you can change your viewpoint to retroactively counter any opposition to make it look like you came out on top.

The marketplace of ideas was always a flawed concepts because people like you will just flood the markets with the equivalent of cheap chinese trash resulting in a similar arms race in order to just keep up, and then wonder where all the good discourse went.

I have no further interest in talking to a disingenuous idiot. Goodbye.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 19:44:40

At 12/28/21 04:51 PM, TheKlown wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1WQf5O2VO4

Attacking people non-stop that choose not to be vaccinated. This NYT Editor is now dead one day later after taking his booster shot. I'm sure it's coincidence that a 49 year old happens to die of a heart attack when we already know the side effects to the vaccine is heart issues with mostly younger males. There's college students that have had heart issues after taking the jab. Keeping calling us conspiracy theorists!!! Jesus the one true god of love and peace!

Regardless If People Take The Vaccine Or Not It Is A Bit Much To Call Vaccinated People Puppets Like One Person Doesn't Represent The Entire Out Come Of The Vaccine That Was Just An Unfair Example Most People Refuse To Take It Because Of The Side Effects And That Getting The Virus Isn't That Big Of Deal Theres Also Numerous Cases Where People Who Didn't Take It Suffered Extreme Symptoms I Don't Disagree With You Though I Will Say This Should Of Been Handled Better

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 19:45:43

At 12/28/21 04:55 PM, Zachary wrote: I got the booster and won the lottery the next day. Everyone should get it because it will make you lucky!

I Mean Luck Has Nothing To Do With It But Okay

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 19:46:21

At 1/2/22 06:32 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote:
[citation needed]

So if a study is inconclusive surely there is a reasonable probability that it is wrong, I would conjecture that most properly carried out studies should be replicatable in a rigorous environment, given the fact that the laws of physics are pretty constant.

So I would guess that the number of unreplicatable studies being fundamentally flawed would be way over 50%, given the fact that something like 50% of published research is unreplicatable then a figure of 25% of all published research being wrong would be an underestimate.
Even then if the figure was lower than I imagine, say 10%, even 5% that would still translate to a lot of bad results.

… This is complete nonsense punctuated with fabricated percentages.

Why am I not surprised that GDS is agreeing with this cobblers.

BBS Signature

At 1/2/22 07:46 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
: … This is complete nonsense punctuated with fabricated percentages.
:
: Why am I not surprised that GDS is agreeing with this cobblers.

Actually, what he said (and the comment I liked which is why i'm assume i'm involved in this now) isn't made up. It's called the replication crisis, and while most people know it affects psychology, medicine is a close second in having studies unable to be replicated from diseases as bad as cancer to coronary artery disease. I think when you get less than half of studies able to be replicated, as a few high profile cases have found, you have a serious problem.

I do think that if a study can't be replicated it should be considered invalid, I mean, replication is just good peer review. Here' s a few examples of what I mean with some links to studies on the matter if you really want to read the boring stuff. Link Link

No pods, no casters

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 20:07:26

At 1/2/22 02:56 PM, Gimmick wrote: and conclusive studies are often wrong.
[citation needed]

So are you suggesting that the vast majority of unreplicatable studies are in fact probably accurate in their conclusions?

doesn’t that seem a bit unlikely?

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 20:10:35

At 1/2/22 07:57 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
Actually, what he said (and the comment I liked which is why i'm assume i'm involved in this now) isn't made up. It's called the replication crisis -

Read a few post earlier in the thread, chap.

BBS Signature

At 1/2/22 08:07 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote:
[citation needed]

So are you suggesting that the vast majority of unreplicatable studies are in fact probably accurate in their conclusions?

Don’t put words in my mouth.

Just because something is in replicatable doesn’t make it inherently wrong.

You said

[citation needed]

Replication crisis does not support the statement “conclusive studies are often wrong”.

This is all anti-intellectualism bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 20:18:49

I am I the only one who compulsively replies whatever?

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 20:25:00

At 1/2/22 08:18 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/2/22 03:38 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote: At 1/2/22 02:56 PM, Gimmick wrote:
[citation needed]

Yes or no?

do you think it is at all likely that the vast majority of unreplicatable studies are correct in their conclusions?

If yes, you do think it is likely that the majority of unreplicatable studies are correct, then yes it makes sense to say that the replication crisis does not prove that scientific studies are frequently wrong.

Otherwise if you think no it is not likely that a significant proportion of unreplicatable studies have the wrong conclusion, then there must be a lot of studies with incorrect conclusions.

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 20:25:29

At 1/2/22 08:10 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/2/22 07:57 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
Actually, what he said (and the comment I liked which is why i'm assume i'm involved in this now) isn't made up. It's called the replication crisis -
Read a few post earlier in the thread, chap.

I'm late to the party I see.

I think it's a healthy debate to have. I can see the merits of skepticism and of general trust. Obviously it's a luxury debate for healthy people to have as the ones who are most at risk are going to err on the side of caution and get it as they should. But still necessary.

No pods, no casters

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 20:44:23

At 1/2/22 08:25 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote:
At 1/2/22 08:18 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/2/22 03:51 PM, Gimmick wrote: At 1/2/22 03:38 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote: At 1/2/22 02:56 PM, Gimmick wrote:
[citation needed]

Yes or no?

do you think it is at all likely that the vast majority of unreplicatable studies are correct in their conclusions?

If yes, you do think it is likely that the majority of unreplicatable studies are correct, then yes it makes sense to say that the replication crisis does not prove that scientific studies are frequently wrong.

Otherwise if you think no it is not likely that a significant proportion of unreplicatable studies have the wrong conclusion, then there must be a lot of studies with incorrect conclusions.

This isn’t a binary black-white answer where if something is unreplicatable it is inherently wrong.

Looking back through the thread, this is such a giant leap from your original point about further testing required for long-term effects about vaccines.

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 21:06:41

At 12/28/21 04:55 PM, Zachary wrote: I got the booster and won the lottery the next day. Everyone should get it because it will make you lucky!

strap on that jammy pack

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

At 1/2/22 07:16 PM, Gimmick wrote:
[citation needed]
I said

Now we are in the realm of high comedy.

*Yawn*

100% of what you're saying is baseless and cannot be confirmed,

Have you attempted to confirm it?

If not you cannot know whether or not it is baseless.

and you have literally 0 sources to back your claim up. I know for a fact that if I probe you for sources, you will refer to things like

gay frogs

there is honestly no point continuing this discussion

kills a bit of time, makes you think a bit lol

but continue gish galloping your way to "victory"

I cannot win if a make a succinct statement I’m told I’m not including enough detail, people nit-pick and go with questionable interpretations of what I said, but if I say something more detailed I am accused of word salad and Gish galloping.

That has and will always be your modus operandi, as I've seen that countless times in this thread and others.

I think in statements is that unusual?

If your statement - that the vaccines really were "dangerous",

I do not believe that is what I said.

to the point that governments would suppress the research for fear of public panic - then why the fuck did they halt the J&J and AZ vaccines when the first news came out of the potential blood clotting in younger people?

It was at an earlier stage for a start the situation was different.

I’m not suggesting IF there was any sort of effort to keep potentially embarrassing reports from being published it would be done in a particularly organised or consistent fashion.

Why did we have to go through the entire media circus of the J&J and the AZ vaccines being "deadly", when your premise is that the government would suppress that very research?

Maybe not would… definitely they could with MI5, FBI etc, they probably could wrangle something with a certain amount of political pressure to keep it from the public it in such a way that doesn’t make them look bad and is kept quiet, would definitely have a motive to if it was more severe, they usually have doubtful scruples.

Then again if you happen to know what goes on in the corridors of power then maybe you could knock my theory in to the water, but I’m inclined to believe it’s a bit underhand a lot of the time.

Either of multiple possible reasons come to light:

All 3 are possible, but given the history of your posts, I think that #3 is overwhelmingly the case. You give links to random wikipedia articles without being able to articulate clearly what you're saying, so that when others call you out on it, then you can change your viewpoint to retroactively counter any opposition to make it look like you came out on top.

If I am as you say unable to clearly articulate what I am saying, then how do you know that I am retroactively changing my viewpoint?

The marketplace of ideas was always a flawed concepts because people like you will just flood the markets with the equivalent of cheap chinese trash

I say!

then wonder where all the good discourse went.

Show me some of this good discourse then.

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-02 23:04:29

At 12/28/21 04:51 PM, TheKlown wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1WQf5O2VO4

Attacking people non-stop that choose not to be vaccinated. This NYT Editor is now dead one day later after taking his booster shot. I'm sure it's coincidence that a 49 year old happens to die of a heart attack when we already know the side effects to the vaccine is heart issues with mostly younger males. There's college students that have had heart issues after taking the jab. Keeping calling us conspiracy theorists!!! Jesus the one true god of love and peace!

iu_514365_7495171.jpg

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-03 06:20:55

2 years in and still impressively uninformed on how percentages work.

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-03 06:27:56

At 1/2/22 08:25 PM, Curta1nsJoe wrote: Yes or no?

Compromise proposal: No fucks deserve to be given.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-04 00:09:46

I got covid and coughed for a day before getting better the next day. Now I've got "natural immunity" and even if it doesn't last forever, my experience with it isn't scary enough to justify me getting 60 fucking shots.

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-04 01:02:34

The vaccines are fine. The blocking of treatment and therapeutics is concerning though. Plenty of evidence to suggest that the CDC and health field is acting out of political/economic motivations and not health ones.

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-04 01:47:49

At 1/4/22 01:02 AM, JamesSowka wrote: The vaccines are fine. The blocking of treatment and therapeutics is concerning though.

Which treatment? Which therapeutics has it blocked?

Plenty of evidence to suggest that the CDC and health field is acting out of political/economic motivations and not health ones.

Do you have any evidence to back up that claim?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-04 02:01:11

At 1/4/22 01:47 AM, Gimmick wrote:
At 1/4/22 01:02 AM, JamesSowka wrote: The vaccines are fine. The blocking of treatment and therapeutics is concerning though.
Which treatment? Which therapeutics has it blocked?
Plenty of evidence to suggest that the CDC and health field is acting out of political/economic motivations and not health ones.
Do you have any evidence to back up that claim?

The CDC has flip flopped on things multiple times. This should be common knowledge. The latest example is them pushing 5 instead of 10 day quarantines with no negative test requirement. They have since said they are considering adding a negative test requirement due to public pressure.

Therapeutics to my understanding are also short much like testing. Which is another thing we need more of.

Thankfully if you're vaccinated you're more than likely okay. 1k a day dead is still bad tho.

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-04 02:37:57

I am okay with people taking vaccine as long as they don't force it on others and they won't villanize unvaccinated people. After I got the vaccine I felt horrible, but recovered few days later.

Response to Did you get your booster shot yet puppets? 2022-01-04 03:27:49

Yes I did it