00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JalenBrah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022!

4,525 Views | 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2021-12-27 21:50:04

Gonna be doing my test soon 🙌

Feedback of any kind is greatly apricated! https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1100247

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2021-12-29 18:54:55

Got my Collab Samples done. Enjoy!

Demo reels available here (Animation Demo) and here (Video Game Demo)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2021-12-30 06:24:32

Hey Corey! I got my audio for this voice acting collab uploaded! Can't wait to see what all the cool things will come out from this awesome collab! The previous collab from this year was really outstanding and I thought everyone that partook in it were terrific with their lines!

Good luck to everyone with their submissions!

VOICE DEMO HERE

Birb it up!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2021-12-31 11:51:37

Hello fellow voice actors of Newgrounds!

I hope y'all enjoyed your Christmas celebrations and you're eager to end this pitiful year! With the end of 2021 near, I wanted to let you know we're still accepting auditions for the 2022 NGVAC! However, I'll be closing them on January 5, 2022. We have a solid list of new talent who've submitted auditions already and we want to get y'all into the server before we start our casting calls for skits! We have a bunch of ideas already and are working on scripts right now!

We've let in a few new actors already, but if you haven't been accepted yet, don't fret, we still need to go through all the auditions! Regardless of the decision, we'll let you know if you're in, or not. Just know, if you're turned away, don't let it discourage you! We'll give you constructive feedback as to why we have to pass for now so you can grow as an actor and set you up for success in the future! We're here to help you grow in your careers, whether you're in the NGVAC crew or not. If you guys ever have any questions, feel free to reach out! I've jad a few VAs do that for tips and I always try to answer!

So, get those auditions sent in by January 5th! Either submit here in the forum thread, send a dump file to me via DM or feel free to message me on Discord: VoicesByCorey#1379

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-01 20:37:53

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-03 13:32:24

done and done

forgive me for what I have done comrades

Game time baby girl

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-04 01:41:08

At 1/3/22 11:47 PM, DCzerkies42 wrote: This is gonna be quite alot of fun. I may just get those samples in quicker than I thought.

You got until the 5th! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-04 11:35:22

At 12/14/21 04:08 PM, VoicesByCorey wrote: Hello Newgrounds Voice Actors!
Even though we just wrapped, and released, Part 2 of the 2021 collab, we're getting ready to start things for Part 1 of the 2022 Voice Acting Collab! If you are a voice actor and are interested in participating in this AWESOME collab, please respond to this thread! We're looking to bring on more voice actors for '22 and provide opportunities to VAs new and veteran!

Please note, due to the fact that there was a lot of inactivity from members in the '21 collab, we will be hosting auditions this time around for access and we'll be monitoring your activity in the Discord server. We want our crew to be interactive and actually participate in the creation of this hands on collaboration.

For those who are intrigued, what you should know is that this collab is handled just like any casting call would be. Our writers produce skits, we hold casting calls for each skit and our VAs audition before a given time line. Our writers, and managers, will listen to auditions and then cast actors for roles! If you want to be considered for a skit/be in this collab, YOU MUST AUDITION FOR SKITS. We do this to give you a taste of what it's like to go through a true casting process. It's not meant to ween out the "bad" actors, or discourage your attempt of being a voice actor, we do this to help you GROW and THRIVE!

So, if you're interested in participating in this collab. We ask that you record these three sample lines in mp3 format, upload them to your NG to get your voice out there and share it in this thread! If we like what we hear, we'll send you a link to our Discord! We do require that your quality is somewhat up to studio standards, but it's not the end all be all if it's not studio quality. We care more about your acting, delivery and selling these sample lines! We can work with you on audio quality if brought on :)

Here are the sample lines! Don't be nervous, just HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! Good luck!

(Think of an announcer style, be loud, boisterous, like you're a PA)
1.) Welcome to the Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration! This collab focuses on giving voice actors, writers and composers an opportunity to showcase their talent!

(You're frustrated, hungry and cranky. Sell the fact you want this cookie!)
2.) What do you mean I can't have a cookie! I'm hungry and I've been craving one for HOURS! I just want some chocolatey goodness!

(You're heart broken! Sell the fact that you're sad and hurt, even in disbelief that this person asked you to take them back)
3.) You lied to me and you broke my heart! Do you think I would ever take you back? You must think I'm a FOOL for even considering that!

Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration!

- Corey

Here is my posted audition. I hope you enjoy!

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-04 13:18:22

At 1/4/22 11:51 AM, DCzerkies42 wrote:
At 1/4/22 01:41 AM, VoicesByCorey wrote:
At 1/3/22 11:47 PM, DCzerkies42 wrote: This is gonna be quite alot of fun. I may just get those samples in quicker than I thought.
You got until the 5th! :D
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1101776

Glad you got them in! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-07 12:48:11

Here's my audition tape for the collab, hope you enjoy it. I had fun making it.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-09 16:17:18

At 12/14/21 04:20 PM, VoicesByCorey wrote: If you have any questions, just drop them below and we'll answer them for you!

hi there! I really hope I’m not too late for these auditions. Before I dive into this, are you still accepting submissions? I’ve just started setting up on NG and am antsy to join the fun.

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-09 16:25:46

At 1/9/22 04:17 PM, Jessaluz wrote:
At 12/14/21 04:20 PM, VoicesByCorey wrote: If you have any questions, just drop them below and we'll answer them for you!
hi there! I really hope I’m not too late for these auditions. Before I dive into this, are you still accepting submissions? I’ve just started setting up on NG and am antsy to join the fun.

Unfortunately the cutoff was January 5th. We'll be opening up auditions again after we release Part 1 of May 30th so keep posted!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-12 01:48:26

I have no clue if I'm late, but I've brought some sauce

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-16 16:14:37

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-16 17:20:41

At 1/16/22 04:14 PM, Luigidile7 wrote: I'd Like To Throw My Hat In The Ring https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1104648?updated=1642367576

I''m so sorry man, our auditions closed on Jan. 5th. We'll be opening up slots again after we release Part 1 on May 30th :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-30 00:40:45

Even though we just wrapped, and released, Part 2 of the 2021 collab, we're getting ready to start things for Part 1 of the 2022 Voice Acting Collab! If you are a voice actor and are interested in participating in this AWESOME collab, please respond to this thread! We're looking to bring on more voice actors for '22 and provide opportunities to VAs new and veteran!

Please note, due to the fact that there was a lot of inactivity from members in the '21 collab, we will be hosting auditions this time around for access and we'll be monitoring your activity in the Discord server. We want our crew to be interactive and actually participate in the creation of this hands on collaboration.

For those who are intrigued, what you should know is that this collab is handled just like any casting call would be. Our writers produce skits, we hold casting calls for each skit and our VAs audition before a given time line. Our writers, and managers, will listen to auditions and then cast actors for roles! If you want to be considered for a skit/be in this collab, YOU MUST AUDITION FOR SKITS. We do this to give you a taste of what it's like to go through a true casting process. It's not meant to ween out the "bad" actors, or discourage your attempt of being a voice actor, we do this to help you GROW and THRIVE!

So, if you're interested in participating in this collab. We ask that you record these three sample lines in mp3 format, upload them to your NG to get your voice out there and share it in this thread! If we like what we hear, we'll send you a link to our Discord! We do require that your quality is somewhat up to studio standards, but it's not the end all be all if it's not studio quality. We care more about your acting, delivery and selling these sample lines! We can work with you on audio quality if brought on :)

1.) Welcome to the Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration! This collab focuses on giving voice actors, writers and composers an opportunity to showcase their talent!

2.) What do you mean I can't have a cookie! I'm hungry and I've been craving one for HOURS! I just want some chocolatey goodness!

(You're heart broken! Sell the fact that you're sad and hurt, even in disbelief that this person asked you to take them back)
3.) You lied to me and you broke my heart! Do you think I would ever take you back? You must think I'm a FOOL for even considering that!

- Corey

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-30 00:41:10

At 1/30/22 12:40 AM, topsykretz94 wrote:

- Corey

im interested in voice acting how do i apply?

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-30 00:41:31

i wanna voice act how do i get started

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-30 01:01:01

At 1/30/22 12:41 AM, topsykretz94 wrote:

You record the lines they wanted, the post it here. They'll get back to you on whether you made it in or not.

It's quite fun to try

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-01-30 12:17:39

At 1/30/22 12:41 AM, topsykretz94 wrote:

Unfortunately the auditions for the NGVAC have closed for right now. Keep checking out the VA forum for open projects and audition for the roles listed in them! That's always a good place to get started. Also check out Voice Acting Club, Casting Call Club and other casting sites for other projects!

Before that though, test the waters yourself by recording yourself reading passages from a book or script. Listen back and see if you like what you hear. If you do, then show it to those you trust and see what they think. If they like it too, get to auditioning! Find ways to grow in your career during that process. Take classes, courses, coaching, learn impressions, anything that'll help you grow as a VA

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Voice Acting Collaboration 2022! 2022-03-18 02:48:43

Here's the sample lines: