00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Animatorlover25 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Secret Santa 2021!

73,281 Views | 883 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-26 13:17:39

At 11/25/21 11:48 PM, KirbyIsANerd wrote:
Two different refs for my persona!!!
Wacky Robot Hivemind. The glasses are actually just Monitors! It can come off or Blue Screen or what have you.

BEAUTIFUL

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-26 14:38:25 (edited 2021-11-26 14:39:16)

So, a really dumb thing happened. My reference was sent TWICE because my friend was sending their art but forgot to switch the account. So if you see a duplicate by SFakier, ignore it (delete it if you can) Anyway, here's Hunter again I guess

iu_481743_9928944.webp

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-26 17:06:32

Hello all!

To help faciliate the event even better, you should definitely join the Newgrounds Podcast Discord server so you can get your Secret Santa faster! (It's so Xin can find you better and not be restricted to the PM limit)

It's great in there go join

Also, if your Discord tag is not the same as your NG name, change your server nickname to your NG name, that also helps tons too!

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-26 18:34:31

At 11/26/21 05:06 PM, solitonmedic wrote: Hello all!
To help faciliate the event even better, you should definitely join the Newgrounds Podcast Discord server so you can get your Secret Santa faster! (It's so Xin can find you better and not be restricted to the PM limit)

Also, if your Discord tag is not the same as your NG name, change your server nickname to your NG name, that also helps tons too!

just joined the server, my tag is the same as my username but capitalized

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-26 18:42:40

Here is a goddess have not named her yetiu_481869_9974431.webp

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-26 21:05:55

I joined the server. My tag same as username, so you'll quick find me.

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-26 21:39:15

My discord nickname is the same as my NG username in the NG podcast server so it shouldn't be difficult to find me. Thanks for the heads up.

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-26 22:00:42

Discord name is now the same as my NG account now, also joined the Server. c:

JohnZaniah

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-27 13:03:22 (edited 2021-11-27 13:04:09)

I've join early into the secret santa but I just join the discord now. I change my username for "Quarujee". Now I just have to wait who I will do and who will do me !

"On my Business card, I am a corporate president.

In my mind, I am a game developer.

But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata / Now I will always remember \

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-28 09:34:04

now my name is the same as Newgrounds on discord, it should be easier to find me

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-28 09:37:13

I just joined and changed to my NG name!

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-28 11:07:27

I joined as well,

I changed my name to my NG name

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-28 21:25:46

I joined the server and changed my nickname to my NG username :))

Discord username is Shedawn

I'm still ShidoniDrella lol

"I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends"

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-28 21:58:31

I joined just in case, nickname is the same as this one :]

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-29 01:28:56

At 11/25/21 04:35 PM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 11/11/21 04:56 PM, amo6usgameboi wrote: [image]
This is just minecraft

so and

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-29 08:12:28

At 11/29/21 01:28 AM, amo6usgameboi wrote:
At 11/25/21 04:35 PM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 11/11/21 04:56 PM, amo6usgameboi wrote: [image]
This is just minecraft
so and

so read the rules. the event is for artists and their drawn oc's not minecraft screenshots.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-29 17:36:21

alrighty, joined and stuff

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 08:51:33

Same name in the NG Server

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 11:43:46

At 11/5/21 12:07 PM, Xinxinix wrote: ! ~ IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN ~ !

Y'know, that time when we all gather around, check our pockets, and shell out what we're socially obligated (but not physically obligated) to in order to support the social constructs put in place by our ancestors.

That's right... tax season.

Wait, that's not right?

SECRET SANTA 2021

(GIF by @Template88)
Oof, I was reading the wrong notecards :v

BUT THAT'S RIGHT, SECRET SANTA 2021, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SECRET SANTA 2020

Expectations to live up to:

This means out of the prior 415 Secret Santa entrants more than 9 out of 10 people completed theirs in time (mostly.)

LAST YEAR'S REVEAL THREAD
lots of good art in there ^

So what does that mean for us?

It means we expect to come together once again as a community to share our talents with each other and have a little bit of fun. There were VERY FEW times to gripe last year: everyone was respectful, attentive, and communicative. There are even names on the list I forgot to mark as complete because they finished late (but at least they finished!)

Last year, a few artists volunteered to draw Secret Santas for people who did theirs but didn't receive one, and that was too wholesome for words. This year I'll be asking for help as well, so please reach out if you're available to either help coordinate minor aspects of the Secret Santa or help post the drawings on Christmas Day at midnight (like we did last year ^^).

A big shout out to everyone that helped last year:
This goes out to @Template88, @cyangorilla, @KOLANI, @BuhlBoy, @HEKILLZALOT, @Onosse, @TamashiHoshi, @Roksim, @NeoD-ray and @solitonmedic.

And an even bigger thanks to everyone that participated and completed their Secret Santa on time ~

==
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

your skill level as an artist is not important, but your reference is.
full body references > upper torso references > bust references > just a head reference

by adding me on Discord I can communicate your Secret Santa earlier than through PMs, and also give you a cool role in the NGP Discord server saying you're participating in this year's Secret Santa, complete with our own Secret Santa chat!

==
RULES TO FOLLOW:

someone who posts a really good reference will be given to someone with the talent-range to handle it, but not always; mostly everyone's Secret Santa is chosen at random

this is supposed to be a fun time of art-gift-giving & there's nothing quite like being surprised on Christmas Day, so don't ruin it for your Secret Santa, please

If you're truly uncomfortable with drawing your Secret Santa, I can try a work around, but more than likely you'll be stuck with whoever you're paired up with, so keep that in mind, please

I use this information to pass onto your Secret Santa if you responded to knowing who your SS is, this way they know if their artist at least acknowledged their responsibility

I'll be collecting all the drawings and organizing the spreadsheet to see who has completed theirs, who has responded to the PM telling them their SS, and who became unreceptive after entering into the Secret Santa

I suggest getting it done as quickly as possible so you don't have to worry about anything other than getting it over to me

==
HELP AND FACTS:

I keep a naughty and nice list to keep repeat offenders from joining.
Nice: You drew for someone but someone didn't draw for you
Naughty: Someone drew for you but you didn't draw for someone

I found out last year that NG has a PM limit, so getting everyone their Secret Santas via PM took over four whole days. Adding me on Discord can help with this as well as asking to help plan the SS can get the PMs out a lot earlier

And that's pretty much it.

The main thing is to have fun and make some cool connections!

Good luck, and don't forget to feed Krampus biscuits so he spares your household this year! ^^

Hey, uhh, I didn’t get a PM of who’s my secret Santa.

The moon landing was shot in Walt Disney's basement!

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 11:48:41

Same here.

MiniMarsup96

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 11:50:45

At 11/30/21 11:43 AM, 0544014 wrote:
At 11/5/21 12:07 PM, Xinxinix wrote: ! ~ IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN ~ !

Y'know, that time when we all gather around, check our pockets, and shell out what we're socially obligated (but not physically obligated) to in order to support the social constructs put in place by our ancestors.

That's right... tax season.

Wait, that's not right?

SECRET SANTA 2021

(GIF by @Template88)
Oof, I was reading the wrong notecards :v

BUT THAT'S RIGHT, SECRET SANTA 2021, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SECRET SANTA 2020

Expectations to live up to:

This means out of the prior 415 Secret Santa entrants more than 9 out of 10 people completed theirs in time (mostly.)

LAST YEAR'S REVEAL THREAD
lots of good art in there ^

So what does that mean for us?

It means we expect to come together once again as a community to share our talents with each other and have a little bit of fun. There were VERY FEW times to gripe last year: everyone was respectful, attentive, and communicative. There are even names on the list I forgot to mark as complete because they finished late (but at least they finished!)

Last year, a few artists volunteered to draw Secret Santas for people who did theirs but didn't receive one, and that was too wholesome for words. This year I'll be asking for help as well, so please reach out if you're available to either help coordinate minor aspects of the Secret Santa or help post the drawings on Christmas Day at midnight (like we did last year ^^).

A big shout out to everyone that helped last year:
This goes out to @Template88, @cyangorilla, @KOLANI, @BuhlBoy, @HEKILLZALOT, @Onosse, @TamashiHoshi, @Roksim, @NeoD-ray and @solitonmedic.

And an even bigger thanks to everyone that participated and completed their Secret Santa on time ~

==
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

your skill level as an artist is not important, but your reference is.
full body references > upper torso references > bust references > just a head reference

by adding me on Discord I can communicate your Secret Santa earlier than through PMs, and also give you a cool role in the NGP Discord server saying you're participating in this year's Secret Santa, complete with our own Secret Santa chat!

==
RULES TO FOLLOW:

someone who posts a really good reference will be given to someone with the talent-range to handle it, but not always; mostly everyone's Secret Santa is chosen at random

this is supposed to be a fun time of art-gift-giving & there's nothing quite like being surprised on Christmas Day, so don't ruin it for your Secret Santa, please

If you're truly uncomfortable with drawing your Secret Santa, I can try a work around, but more than likely you'll be stuck with whoever you're paired up with, so keep that in mind, please

I use this information to pass onto your Secret Santa if you responded to knowing who your SS is, this way they know if their artist at least acknowledged their responsibility

I'll be collecting all the drawings and organizing the spreadsheet to see who has completed theirs, who has responded to the PM telling them their SS, and who became unreceptive after entering into the Secret Santa

I suggest getting it done as quickly as possible so you don't have to worry about anything other than getting it over to me

==
HELP AND FACTS:

I keep a naughty and nice list to keep repeat offenders from joining.
Nice: You drew for someone but someone didn't draw for you
Naughty: Someone drew for you but you didn't draw for someone

I found out last year that NG has a PM limit, so getting everyone their Secret Santas via PM took over four whole days. Adding me on Discord can help with this as well as asking to help plan the SS can get the PMs out a lot earlier

And that's pretty much it.

The main thing is to have fun and make some cool connections!

Good luck, and don't forget to feed Krampus biscuits so he spares your household this year! ^^
Hey, uhh, I didn’t get a PM of who’s my secret Santa.

Same here, but I assume it's because there's so many people to PM, that must take a while.

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 12:21:24

for everyone that has read the rules, I salute you.

There is about 700 of you, and by being impatient, nothing is going to get done faster.

The rules say sometime after Nov. 25th. Not that you'll get your SS on Nov. 25th, 26th, 27th, etc.

If I can give you guys at least three weeks to draw your SS, then i've done my job.

Until then, be patient or I'll deliver your SS on Dec. 24th, since technically thatd be in line with the rules ;-]

*xin laugh*

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 13:16:07

At 11/30/21 12:21 PM, Xinxinix wrote: for everyone that has read the rules, I salute you.

There is about 700 of you, and by being impatient, nothing is going to get done faster.

The rules say sometime after Nov. 25th. Not that you'll get your SS on Nov. 25th, 26th, 27th, etc.

If I can give you guys at least three weeks to draw your SS, then i've done my job.

Until then, be patient or I'll deliver your SS on Dec. 24th, since technically thatd be in line with the rules ;-]

Yeah mb, sorry mate, excitement got the best of me

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 13:19:23

At 11/18/21 11:04 PM, Nabella wrote: Somebody draw my penis cartoon, k? Depict him however you want.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nabella/meat-comic-1
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nabella/exchange-of-knowledge

I don't think I can ask anyone to draw this because it's NSFW. I have no idea if a minor is going to receive your SS, and I'd rather not be responsible for it :v

*xin laugh*

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 13:36:49

At 11/30/21 01:19 PM, Xinxinix wrote:
At 11/18/21 11:04 PM, Nabella wrote: Somebody draw my penis cartoon, k? Depict him however you want.

I don't think I can ask anyone to draw this because it's NSFW. I have no idea if a minor is going to receive your SS, and I'd rather not be responsible for it :v

Yeah, that's fair.

Do I PM you something different or do I reply to the thread again with something else?

[1] - [2]

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 13:39:29

At 11/30/21 01:36 PM, Nabella wrote:
At 11/30/21 01:19 PM, Xinxinix wrote:

Yeah, that's fair.

Do I PM you something different or do I reply to the thread again with something else?

reply to the thread again with something else, please :v

*xin laugh*

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 14:32:47

Just joined the server. (And made my Discord account for that matter.) My username (or tag as you guys call it) is the same as my NG one.

Hello, lads 'n gentlepeople! You just saw a BBS post from me, music maker, illustrator, and artcore passionate Alex Turell aka cocoloco3412! That's me! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 15:27:05

At 11/21/21 04:55 PM, JimmyCarlos wrote: I'd love to sign up for the Secret Santa art exchange! This looks like such a fun opportunity to spread some happiness and showcase some hidden drawing skills. There are so many talented artists who have already signed up.

For my persona, I would like to submit "OCTA", an octopus who works as a maths teacher.

OCTA is a gender-neutral cephalopod who lives underwater, and is neither old nor young, and always puts other people before themselves. They are always ready for maths problems, and OCTA always carries around a mini-blackboard and chalk in their tentacles ready to do some maths at any time. OCTA loves algebra and geometry, and likes to read maths textbooks in their free time. OCTA is a pacifist, and sees the best in every person.

Here is a reference picture of OCTA, feel free to adapt it any way you want, and take the idea in any direction you want to go with it.

Here's hoping I get invited to this year's Secret Santa, and if I do, I hope whoever gets OCTA has fun with it!

All the best,
JimmyCarlos.

do you have any art i could look at to verify you're capable of fulfilling your secret santa?

*xin laugh*

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 15:43:11

At 11/20/21 10:21 PM, Burnt-Ravioli wrote: Both a human-ish and grunt reference! I’m excited for the Secret Santa hehe :D

is this your art? You haven't uploaded anything to Newgrounds.

*xin laugh*

Response to Secret Santa 2021! 2021-11-30 15:44:39

At 11/21/21 08:46 AM, Kyindaigo6 wrote: These are the only references I have of her, so here's Celeste. Also this will be my first time participating

Is this your art? You don't have anything uploaded onto your profile.

*xin laugh*