00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to get scouted for audio portal?

1,108 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I would like to know how long it takes to get scouted, and what the normal requirements are, and how long it usually takes.

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2021-09-18 14:55:32

At 9/18/21 01:49 PM, JustSkyGamiingGD wrote: I would like to know how long it takes to get scouted, and what the normal requirements are, and how long it usually takes.

I actually second this motion.

joined back in 2004 and never once touched the audio portal and uploading anything until this very second. I’m curious as well.

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2021-09-19 02:23:46

Keep uploading work, be involved in the community. Eventually, when people feel your work has merit, they'll scout you.

BBS Signature

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2021-09-19 15:13:11

At 9/19/21 02:23 AM, AkioDaku wrote: Keep uploading work, be involved in the community. Eventually, when people feel your work has merit, they'll scout you.

This.

My Music

Sound Cloud

Always open for collab and VA work! PM me anytime

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2021-09-20 18:48:02

from my experiance, getting scouted is not that hard because A. i am scouted and i dont think my music insanely great (ide take being called average as a complement lol) but also it probably happened within like 6-8 months of me having started uploading regularly maybe less. i dont know you just have to have someone scouted think you musics good and consistant enough and trust that your not gonna post copywritten material

nothing to see here definently not kidnapped by bart simpson!!! :)

BBS Signature

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2022-04-30 17:20:59

At 9/20/21 06:48 PM, MoundsofMayhem wrote: from my experiance, getting scouted is not that hard because A. i am scouted and i dont think my music insanely great (ide take being called average as a complement lol) but also it probably happened within like 6-8 months of me having started uploading regularly maybe less. i dont know you just have to have someone scouted think you musics good and consistant enough and trust that your not gonna post copywritten material

can u scout me? I promise I won’t upload copyrighted stuff. I just want to be scouted so I can get my music on GD. Please?

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2022-04-30 17:47:24

At 4/30/22 05:20 PM, JustSkyGamiingGD wrote:
At 9/20/21 06:48 PM, MoundsofMayhem wrote: from my experience, getting scouted is not that hard because A. i am scouted and i dont think my music insanely great (ide take being called average as a complement lol) but also it probably happened within like 6-8 months of me having started uploading regularly maybe less. i don't know you just have to have someone scouted think you musics good and consistent enough and trust that your not gonna post copywritten material
can u scout me? I promise I won’t upload copyrighted stuff. I just want to be scouted so I can get my music on GD. Please?

getting scouted alone is not enough to put ones music on geometry dash...

(also asking for scout is kinda in bad taste. just upload music and let it happen naturally)

nothing to see here definently not kidnapped by bart simpson!!! :)

BBS Signature

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2022-04-30 18:09:07

One thing that I remember is that you need to have uploaded at least 5 tracks already before you can properly be scouted or something like that

The scounting system, for what I understand, it's not soo much about "talent" but more about the trust that this user is not a bot spamming stuff, or an audio thief, or a kid upload copyrighted material that could trouble for NG (AKA Please follow the audio guidelines! https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines)

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2022-04-30 18:23:34

At 4/30/22 06:09 PM, TebyTheCat wrote: One thing that I remember is that you need to have uploaded at least 5 tracks already before you can properly be scouted or something like that

The scounting system, for what I understand, it's not soo much about "talent" but more about the trust that this user is not a bot spamming stuff, or an audio thief, or a kid upload copyrighted material that could trouble for NG (AKA Please follow the audio guidelines! https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines)

If i upload 2 more (I need 4 but currently have 2), would you be kind enough to scout me? NG checks MP3 Uploaded music now, and all i upload are random melodies i make.

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2022-04-30 19:24:40

Scouting is outsourcing quality control to the community because there simply aren't enough mods to sift through hundreds of tracks a day (or whatever the number is). The onus is on the scouter to make sure that who they scout isn't breaking NG rules for submissions (ie using copyrighted content, etc). When you scout someone you are in a sense vouching for someone as an artist. When I joined it was a different system, I uploaded a track and had to wait weeks to see if I would get approved as an artist. When I scout somebody, usually it's because I see potential in them as an artist, and I enjoyed their music in some way. Not everybody uses the same yardstick though.

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2022-04-30 21:15:46

iu_622305_8895059.webp

Fredrick piss water the 3rd

my best thread

My channel :)

BBS Signature

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2022-05-01 07:28:16

beef

Six big dicks

BBS Signature

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2024-01-24 22:43:22

At 4/30/22 05:20 PM, JustSkyGamiingGD wrote:
At 9/20/21 06:48 PM, MoundsofMayhem wrote: from my experiance, getting scouted is not that hard because A. i am scouted and i dont think my music insanely great (ide take being called average as a complement lol) but also it probably happened within like 6-8 months of me having started uploading regularly maybe less. i dont know you just have to have someone scouted think you musics good and consistant enough and trust that your not gonna post copywritten material

i need scouted too

Response to How to get scouted for audio portal? 2024-03-30 15:53:17

I don't wish i'll be scouted, just create music , see progress.

If more listener, keep going. If less, resubmit again with better quality.