00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for voice actors for Kickstarter Trailer

821 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello everyone!

I am creating a prototype trailer for a Kickstarter campaign for a sci-fi game called Hordebreak. We are a small indie game development studio working on our first title. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

Far North Entertainment

If the prototype is deemed successful and used in the final Kickstarter campaign, We will be offering some economic compensation for your contribution.

The game is about convicts who are sent into exile on the mutant horde infested planet Kryst. I would like to open the trailer with quotes from the judgement scene where the judge sentences the player character and asks him about his choice:

Judge: "Make your choice convict... ...a lifetime in labor camp... ...or freedom in exile..."

Convict: "...I choose freedom..."

So I need 2 actors. The convict is male, but the judge could be either male or female. The judge is upper middle aged, and I would like him/her to give just a hint of a malicious impression, almost like he/she enjoys sentencing the convict to this grim fate. It should not be over the top though. The convict is young, in his mid 20's, and should sound as if he made the most difficult decision in his whole life and expects to die basically.

If you are interested, feel free to share a link to your work with something similar to what I just described, or record a proposal and send it to me directly. The audio quality must be crisp with depth and without much background noise.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Simon @ Far North Entertainment

Response to Looking for voice actors for Kickstarter Trailer 2021-09-10 03:51:31

At 9/9/21 06:37 AM, DigohD wrote: Hello everyone!

I am creating a prototype trailer for a Kickstarter campaign for a sci-fi game called Hordebreak. We are a small indie game development studio working on our first title. Here is a link if you want to check it out.
Far North Entertainment

If the prototype is deemed successful and used in the final Kickstarter campaign, We will be offering some economic compensation for your contribution.

The game is about convicts who are sent into exile on the mutant horde infested planet Kryst. I would like to open the trailer with quotes from the judgement scene where the judge sentences the player character and asks him about his choice:

Judge: "Make your choice convict... ...a lifetime in labor camp... ...or freedom in exile..."

So I need 2 actors. The convict is male, but the judge could be either male or female. The judge is upper middle aged, and I would like him/her to give just a hint of a malicious impression, almost like he/she enjoys sentencing the convict to this grim fate. It should not be over the top though. The convict is young, in his mid 20's, and should sound as if he made the most difficult decision in his whole life and expects to die basically.

If you are interested, feel free to share a link to your work with something similar to what I just described, or record a proposal and send it to me directly. The audio quality must be crisp with depth and without much background noise.

Best regards,

Hey this looks like a pretty cool project so I thought I'd throw my hat in, I've done some video game VA and sfx in the past but have much more experience with character work. Feel free to take a look through some of my demo work, the raider and pilot were for a game, mostly everything else is just for like animations n junk.VA Demos Also I can give you a sample for this project as well when I get the time, what format did you want it in?

Response to Looking for voice actors for Kickstarter Trailer 2021-09-10 09:53:10

At 9/10/21 03:51 AM, Krampus wrote:

Far North Entertainment

Best regards,
Hey this looks like a pretty cool project so I thought I'd throw my hat in, I've done some video game VA and sfx in the past but have much more experience with character work. Feel free to take a look through some of my demo work, the raider and pilot were for a game, mostly everything else is just for like animations n junk.VA Demos Also I can give you a sample for this project as well when I get the time, what format did you want it in?

Hi!

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear you are interested in assisting us with the trailer. I listened to some of the clips in your drive and it sounds good. The Alex Jones one was hilarious by the way! I think the convict line could be a good fit, its only 3 words but they need a lt of emotion and it is the punchline before the trailer kicks off. Since it is the voice of the player character it also carries a lot of weight in that regard. But by all means feel free to send me samples of whatever role you want to try :)

.wav is preferable. If you want you can send it to contact@farnorthentertainment.com, or send me a link to a Newgrounds upload.

Response to Looking for voice actors for Kickstarter Trailer 2021-09-10 14:41:02

At 9/10/21 09:53 AM, DigohD wrote:
At 9/10/21 03:51 AM, Krampus wrote:

Far North Entertainment

Best regards,
Hi!

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to hear you are interested in assisting us with the trailer. I listened to some of the clips in your drive and it sounds good. The Alex Jones one was hilarious by the way! I think the convict line could be a good fit, its only 3 words but they need a lt of emotion and it is the punchline before the trailer kicks off. Since it is the voice of the player character it also carries a lot of weight in that regard. But by all means feel free to send me samples of whatever role you want to try :)

.wav is preferable. If you want you can send it to contact@farnorthentertainment.com, or send me a link to a Newgrounds upload.

Ok sounds good! I'm gonna try and get a sample done when I get home from work tonight, if not then keep an eye out this weekend and I'll make sure it's in your inbox!

Response to Looking for voice actors for Kickstarter Trailer 2021-09-10 17:56:17

Hi! I've just PM'd you my audition for the role of the judge. Thanks again for your consideration!

Response to Looking for voice actors for Kickstarter Trailer 2021-09-30 09:19:38

Far North Entertainment

Best regards,

question, are you still needing a voice actor for your trailer?

BBS Signature