00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Noer1800 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Summer Animation Jams Round 5!

59,812 Views | 152 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-07 17:59:32

Wait, what the fuck have I signed up for now?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-07 18:05:50

At 9/7/21 06:03 PM, DemisurgeX wrote: @BrandyBunzel
I had asked if I could make a Teaser for a full release of my game and all I got in response was a menacing smile. Can I or no?

I'm not giving out individual permission to every user, if it follows the rules then go for it. However, if your game is like Dead Estate, where the demo is up on newgrounds but the full game comes out next month, the fact the demo exists does not make it new so you couldnt make a trailer for dead estate and submit it.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-07 18:20:01

So this is round 5 so this is only for those who qualified from round 4, or anyone can participate?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-07 18:31:17

At 9/7/21 06:20 PM, DigitalProdigy wrote: So this is round 5 so this is only for those who qualified from round 4, or anyone can participate?

Anyone can participate, no prior entry required.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-07 20:23:30

At 9/7/21 06:31 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:
At 9/7/21 06:20 PM, DigitalProdigy wrote: So this is round 5 so this is only for those who qualified from round 4, or anyone can participate?
Anyone can participate, no prior entry required.

yeah!!! I'm in

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 02:04:43

At 9/7/21 05:28 AM, Lehograham wrote: OMG!!!!! ROBOT CHICKEN X NEWGROUNDS

Who is going to mix those two things together? lol

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 02:29:48

Yo! If y'still need a voice for your trailers, hit me up! I'm open for anything you got!

Arts & Voices, let's make bad choices.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 02:41:46

At 9/7/21 10:06 AM, ToonymanStudios wrote: how do you enter this? or can I get started and just upload it?

Just make a submission and submit it. It can be a movie or a game. If it is a game let me know.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 04:31:04

At 9/8/21 02:41 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/7/21 10:06 AM, ToonymanStudios wrote: how do you enter this? or can I get started and just upload it?
Just make a submission and submit it. It can be a movie or a game. If it is a game let me know.

well I plan on gearing towards movie! but how long those the trailer has to be? or is there no limit?

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 04:33:47

At 9/8/21 04:31 AM, ToonymanStudios wrote:
well I plan on gearing towards movie! but how long those the trailer has to be? or is there no limit?

The minimum should be more than 10 seconds. Some say more than 7, but I say more than 10.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 05:14:10

Minimum length: 15 seconds.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 05:31:26

At 9/8/21 05:14 AM, BrandyBuizel wrote:
Minimum length: 15 seconds.

That sounds much better to me. Any movie under 10 seconds will have a higher chance of being bammed.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 08:17:25

And I am done!

I hope you don't like it!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 11:52:00

At 9/8/21 08:17 AM, Little-Rena wrote: And I am done!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/813673

You got your wish. It was B movie worthy.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 12:06:10

At 9/8/21 11:52 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/8/21 08:17 AM, Little-Rena wrote: And I am done!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/813673

You got your wish. It was B movie worthy.

Such high praise! I don't deserve such praise.

IF ANYONE NEEDS MUSIC FOR YOUR TRAILER PLEASE HIT ME UP, IVE DONE A TRAILER BEFORE USING THIS FNF REMIX AND I HAVE TONS OF OTHER TRACKS THAT WOULD GO GREAT FOR A TRAILER

Maybe ill try to participate, i had lots of work so i didnt participated in last, well, four rounds, but maybe ill try this one, it will be hard, and it will take time, but wait the sentence:

Hello Dan...

PD: if i dont have time to make it for the jam, i´ll make it anyway!!! :D

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 16:16:11

I can make a disturbing trailer

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 18:06:01

At 9/8/21 03:47 PM, HEROBLADE-Z wrote: Maybe ill try to participate, i had lots of work so i didnt participated in last, well, four rounds, but maybe ill try this one, it will be hard, and it will take time, but wait the sentence:

You should enter this jam and give it your best. Just jump into it, that is the best way to learn.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 20:19:57

At 9/4/21 06:50 AM, TomFulp wrote: Via Summer Jams organizer @BrandyBuizel:

Summer Animation Jams ROUND 5

Sorry for being a day late with the post; I hope you're all excited to get started this weekend.

The FINAL ROUND of the Summer Animation Jams begins TODAY!

This is gonna be a long one: we’d like to give participants the usual amount of time to work on their entries now that, admittedly, the summer has ended and many promising animators are fitting this all in with their busy school schedule. Hopefully the extra time evens things out and for those of you with no other massive time commitments you can make your submission even longer and cooler!

Make a Trailer
“...for something that doesn’t exist(yet)!”

Create a trailer for a fake movie, a fake game, a fake anything that your heart desires, so long as it is not based on any existing Intellectual Property. This is the time to pitch something new, maybe even a concept you’ve been thinking about for a long time. Some positive reception to your trailer could be just the push you need to commit to the real thing!

Here’s a few good promos from the site:

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/712929
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/804770
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/811679

If episode one or two of your original animated series is out already don’t use that. Give us something fresh: you don’t have to make the actual show/movie/game, just the trailer for it!

JAM REQUIREMENTS
Upload your animation to Newgrounds any time between now and the due date. There is no formal signup process, just tag your entry with “Epic-Trailer-Jam” to enter.

ROUND 5 Judges:

@BrandyBuizel - 3rd Place Winner of the 2018 Summer Animation Jams and your sorrowful host of SAJ 2021. I’m gonna miss this event, thanks for the awesome ride <3

@KarlSia - 1st Place Winner of the 2018 Summer Animation Jams(by an impressive lead).

@BadTwinZ - 2nd Place Winner of the 2018 Summer Animation Jams.

@RicePirate - Mick has an extended library of creative content, I’ll be damned if you don’t know him or his contributions to the website over the years. He’s been hard at work on Blood Sun: Vendetta.

@Krinkels - Creator of Madness Combat and host of Madness Day. Check it out, they got some awesome prizes for all kinds of content lined up!

@DOMROMART - Returning judge from Round 1 and a king when it comes to style. They’re bringing back the zine and been making hella trailers for them too.

@MalcolmSith - Making trailers is his art form. Malcolm suggested the final round theme, and recently released his own short movie made over the course of a year.

Judges can choose to participate in a round, but they will not be considered in the rankings for that round.

Due Date:

Sunday, October 3rd @ 11:59PM PST
Happy animating as always!

Ongoing Jam Prize Pool

The Top 3 Winners Overall will receive a custom, commemorative Newgrounds shirt exclusive to the Summer Animation Jams (and they are sooooo comfy). The winners will get their pick from 4 special designs currently being worked on by a very talented illustrator, each receiving a one-of-a-kind prize to wear and brag about online and at the next Newgrounds meetup. The 4th design that remains will be sold online for a limited time at the end of the summer and all proceeds will go directly to kickstarting the next Newgrounds Animation Jam!

We teased one design In-Progress in the ROUND 4 Winners post.

@BrandyBuizel will reach out to the winners via Newgrounds DM for shipping addresses when the winners have been announced and the jams have concluded. More details on purchasing the limited run shirts later in the month.

@ScarecrowArts, @SrPelo, and Newgrounds each tossed in $500, @Derpixon $300, @AnonymousAlchemist and @LumpyTouch $200 each, @summerskoo, @53xy83457, @AlantheBOX, @CorTat-G, @wheezl, @AndytheDandy and @VariantSeven each gave $100, @tiarawhy $75, @Iggykoop, @StaggerNight, @PssychoPie, @ZaazNG, @1DarkVoid, @Butzbo, @Saminat and @CaperCube each gave $50, @NickSenny and @mochabaebae $30, @MKMaffo $25, @ConnorGrail $20, @RobotoSkunk $5 and an anonymous fan donated $1,500!

The winners with the most points by the end of the event will be awarded these prizes:

1st - $1,400 + 1st place winner shirt
2nd - $1000 + 2nd place winner shirt
3rd - $800 + 3rd place winner shirt
4th - $550
5th - $450
6th - $300
7th - $155
8th - $130
9th - $100
10th - $100

A grand total of $4,885 in prize money (holy shit dood).

Each winner will also receive a copy of The Story Goes On by @ScarecrowArts on the platform of your choice (Steam/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch), and two copies of Frame Game, an upcoming game from @CaperCube and @stejkRobot on Steam (demo on newgrounds).

If you’d like to chip in to boost the Summer Animation Jams prizes, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM Tom a heads up that you donated towards the Summer Animation Jams.

If you enjoyed this year’s Summer Animation Jams or some of the many other collabs and contests on the website then Support Newgrounds and take a stab at hosting an event like this yourself! I’ll be itching to see someone else take on the mantle of hosting the Summer Animation Jams next year :D

Promo banner created by @MalcolmSith with 3D Models by @ayekerik @DOGL @FLARE145 @GRUB-LORD and @chexter10538.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 21:48:25

At 9/7/21 04:52 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/6/21 11:27 PM, ambre-e wrote: awww it's a sequel, welp i'll see if can come out with something else thankyou very much :D!
You can do it. Let me know if you decide to make a game. If you let me know, maybe I can give you some help.

idk how to code a game would be super neat to do :3

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-08 22:48:55

At 9/8/21 06:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/8/21 03:47 PM, HEROBLADE-Z wrote: Maybe ill try to participate, i had lots of work so i didnt participated in last, well, four rounds, but maybe ill try this one, it will be hard, and it will take time, but wait the sentence:

You should enter this jam and give it your best. Just jump into it, that is the best way to learn.

Yeah, i think i will do it, and, as i said before, if i dont do it for Summer animation jams, I´ll make my trailer anyway, i need a trailer for my next animations!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-09 00:25:23

At 9/8/21 09:48 PM, ambre-e wrote:
At 9/7/21 04:52 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/6/21 11:27 PM, ambre-e wrote: awww it's a sequel, welp i'll see if can come out with something else thankyou very much :D!
You can do it. Let me know if you decide to make a game. If you let me know, maybe I can give you some help.
idk how to code a game would be super neat to do :3

You can always look up a book, or YouTube for help.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-09 04:44:11

>Stasis pod opens.

iwant2moveitmoveit

BBS Signature

Sorry for being a day late with the post; I hope you're all excited to get started this weekend.

This is gonna be a long one: we’d like to give participants the usual amount of time to work on their entries now that, admittedly, the summer has ended and many promising animators are fitting this all in with their busy school schedule. Hopefully the extra time evens things out and for those of you with no other massive time commitments you can make your submission even longer and cooler!

Make a Trailer

can we do the animation in Flipnote studio 3D? I kinda wanna do it old school

PhrogBinary

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-09 23:37:15

I really want to do this, but I don't have the equipment to do this and it's killing me.

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-10 00:32:09

At 9/9/21 11:37 PM, SopranoStorm67 wrote: I really want to do this, but I don't have the equipment to do this and it's killing me.

You could try teaming up with somebody that has the proper equipment. That way you could figure things out, and once you have the money you could purchase your own equipment.

BBS Signature

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-10 01:08:22

At 9/9/21 11:29 PM, AlaskaTheDumbss wrote:

Make a Trailer
can we do the animation in Flipnote studio 3D? I kinda wanna do it old school

yep!

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-10 05:50:46

Hell yeaaahh! Action time

Response to Summer Animation Jams Round 5! 2021-09-10 10:32:58

At 9/10/21 05:50 AM, Buketal wrote: Hell yeaaahh! Action time

Are you planning out a game or a movie?

BBS Signature