00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking to do Voice acting!

686 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking to do Voice acting! 2021-09-01 19:55:37

Hi I am new to voice acting but I love doing impersonations and have always had an interest in doing work in this field. Would gladly do unpaid work at first to get a feel for it. Please PM me if you would like for me to work with you. Thanks!

Response to Looking to do Voice acting! 2021-09-04 02:32:42

Hey man, let me advise you to record some demo material that you can use to convince others with of your skills - speaking from experience, it's hard enough to get roles in when you do have good demo material, and virtually impossible if no one knows what you can sound like or what quality of recording you can deliver.

And secondly, once you do have this, you will have to actively hunt for roles. People looking for VA's will put up an ad and expect you to come to them (because it works), and not the other way round.

If you want to land roles, you'll want to invest time in this and expect to get rejected a lot. And that's alright, because you will learn from every attempt you make and improve on your skills to give you a slightly better chance with every subsequent audition.

Good luck!

Response to Looking to do Voice acting! 2021-09-16 01:15:53

I don’t have any money to give but I’ve been writing poetry on the Writing forum as of late. I’m looking for a way to promote my art somehow. So, if you’re looking to maybe make a voice demo to show off to people prior to VA work, maybe you could do a wistful reading of “Wishing”, one of my latest works.

God Bless,

mikey