00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vilanael just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021

2,745 Views | 69 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021 2021-08-28 11:28:44

At 8/5/21 01:38 AM, Skoops wrote: A little late on this one, but better late than never! Month 4 was the most popular challenge to date despite July being a particularly busy month for a lot of us. That one was a collaborative effort, this time I want y'all to use your previous work as part of the challenge.

Flip your OC's Alignment Challenge

Take an OC of yours that was originally designed to portray a certain set of traits, reverse those traits, then design the character again. For example, if your OC is a grumpy hero like Danu here, redesign them as a joyful villain. Got an evil OC? Try drawing them as a good guy!

Be sure to post your OCs alongside your redesigns so we can compare and contrast. Good luck!

As always, these challenges don’t expire, so you can take your time and submit to any of them at any time.
Previous challenges:
1: Wild West Vampires
2: Space Station Daily Life
3: Matching Weapon/Gear Sets
4: Abstract Shapes

So here’s Jared’s submissioniu_402475_9282917.png

Response to Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021 2021-08-29 05:06:58

At 8/28/21 11:28 AM, Jaredthetrashbag wrote: So here’s Jared’s submission

Wait, how does he know JARED is spelled with only capital letters- is the text actually physically floating above their heads? (Not criticising, just making an observation I think is funny)

Love this though. If there was gonna be a winner this one would get my vote.

Squid pro quo. Tits for tat.

Check out my sketches and stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021 2021-08-29 06:13:50

At 8/29/21 05:06 AM, FlikkiShassART wrote:
At 8/28/21 11:28 AM, Jaredthetrashbag wrote: So here’s Jared’s submission
Wait, how does he know JARED is spelled with only capital letters- is the text actually physically floating above their heads? (Not criticising, just making an observation I think is funny)

Love this though. If there was gonna be a winner this one would get my vote.

Well, have you noticed how Jared's mouth doesn't move?

Jared's mouth is always closed. (Except for this one since Jared is scared.)

Response to Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021 2021-09-20 03:44:40

At 9/19/21 08:43 PM, PilotSpikey wrote:
No where near finished, just wanted to share what I have so far:

> Redrew the whole thing from scratch
> Added windows to help reflect their personalities: Blossoming relationships vs Burning bridges
> The opposite on the left now has a name: Iris
> Figuring out the colors was a challenge, but I have come to a place where I'm more comfortable with where its at right now.

It looks great! Can't wait to see it finished!

Squid pro quo. Tits for tat.

Check out my sketches and stuff!

BBS Signature

Response to Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021 2021-12-20 12:08:38

At 12/19/21 12:07 AM, PilotSpikey wrote: Finally got around to finishing this.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pilotspikey/bloom-and-burn

Glad you did; turned out really nice! I hope this inspires others to revisit the challenges they missed or didn't quite finish.

Response to Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021 2023-03-19 15:25:22

Guess I'll share this one. Put more into the narratives than anything else.

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021 2023-03-20 22:00:05

Rather weird that this thread has been bumped after over a year, but I felt like doodling and I saw this prompt and it sounded fun.

So here's my flip of one of the protagonists from an ongoing comic I am working on, Max!

Normally, he's just a silly childish little guy - makes sense because he is 10 years old. For this flip however, he is now an intelligent child, who enjoys some sharp fashion. His flip's outfit is far more formal than the outfit of the original. The original tries to be cool and prioritizes physical feats, while the flip aims for intelligence - perhaps he could use it to help his brother, who fell to pieces because of an artifact.

Said brother is still alive with the power of the artifact though! He just has to wrap himself up like a mummy to not crumble to pieces all the time

iu_927167_10868458.webp

iu_927168_10868458.webp

I am the original GetterRocka

Response to Design Challenge #5 - 08 2021 2023-03-20 22:29:42

At 3/20/23 10:00 PM, GetterRocka wrote: Rather weird that this thread has been bumped after over a year, but I felt like doodling and I saw this prompt and it sounded fun.

Nice! Yeah, to make sure nobody's afraid or upset about necrobumping, I've stipulated that all of these challenges exist in perpetuity. Doesn't matter how old they get, feel free to bring one back whenever you want.

I decided to choose Alice for this challenge. I had a hard figuring out what to change and what not to change since I sometimes felt like I may have changed the character too much. I tried keeping roughly 70% of the design from Alice and the rest being opposite of Alice's design.

Still, it was fun trying to make the opposite version of Alice.

iu_942285_7497764.webp

Blomkatt's (hwo's name means "Flowercat" in norwegian) oppisite woud be a fire demon that tries to preserve the ecosystem. blomkatt is a rebellius bastard an his fire vertion is a timid and polite and actualy care about preserving it

iu_942313_14510086.png