00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About advertising for MEN'S cologne

912 Views | 36 Replies

Hi. You often see men's cologne being advertised through various means - through TV commercials, in online ads, in magazines, sometimes in little adverts in the magazines, on billboards, on the sides of buildings, in brochures you get in the mail, etc.

Why do cologne companies use homoerotic-looking men to sell their products?

What the frig is THAT about? Who wants to see that? What straight males want to see that?

Perfume companies don't use gay-looking women to sell THEIR products.

"Mad Max" from The John Boy and Billy radio show expresses what I assume most straight males think and feel about cologne and perfume ads here:

I'm just curious about this. I've gotten a handful of brochures in the mail for men's cologne and women's perfume. Please help. Thank you.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:04:17

At 7/15/21 09:01 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 08:57 PM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. You often see men's cologne being advertised through various means - through TV commercials, in online ads, in magazines, sometimes in little adverts in the magazines, on billboards, on the sides of buildings, in brochures you get in the mail, etc.

What the frig is THAT about? Who wants to see that? What straight males want to see that?

"Mad Max" from The John Boy and Billy radio show expresses what I assume most straight males think and feel about cologne and perfume ads here:

I'm just curious about this. I've gotten a handful of brochures in the mail for men's cologne and women's perfume. Please help. Thank you.
What the hell does a gay dude look like
A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

What does a “Homoerotic-Looking Man” look like
a guy who’s Attractive?

Listen to the video I posted a link to.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:09:33

At 7/15/21 09:07 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:04 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 7/15/21 08:57 PM, ngman7 wrote: Hi. You often see men's cologne being advertised through various means - through TV commercials, in online ads, in magazines, sometimes in little adverts in the magazines, on billboards, on the sides of buildings, in brochures you get in the mail, etc.

A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

a guy who’s Attractive?
You’re upset about Men who wear Underwear on TV?

Those Calvin Klein ads you see on TV are very weird and queer.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:10:13

it really isn't that bad give me the sexy cologne men please. What do you think a gay person looks like? A clean shaven fit man that looks well groomed? Wow so gay being clean and presentable lol. Besides, it sounds like you're the only one fussing about this stuff anyway or you're in a small group of people who feel this way.

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:10:54

I don't know about what you said but companies do research on what kind of ads make their sales go up and that's what they make

BBS Signature

At 7/15/21 09:10 PM, pudgie248 wrote: it really isn't that bad give me the sexy cologne men please. What do you think a gay person looks like? A clean shaven fit man that looks well groomed? Wow so gay being clean and presentable lol. Besides, it sounds like you're the only one fussing about this stuff anyway or you're in a small group of people who feel this way.

Do you want to see someone like Boy George or RuPaul or Richard Simmons appearing in ads for men's cologne?

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:13:54

A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

a guy who’s Attractive?

wrestling in a nutshell. Buff men without shirts tackling and hitting each other. My favorite type of tv content

BBS Signature

It's just to give it the flavor and representation of twinks... especially the white twinks. Some of these men are closeted... Be who you are...

♡︎Married To Boomhauer and Rusty Shackleford♡︎

🪶🧡🐈‍⬛Cherokee/Apache Princess and Queen Of Egypt🧡🪶🐈‍⬛

Redcornpilled🌽💖Professional Yandere 🔪🫀🩸💕💋

BBS Signature

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:14:17

At 7/15/21 09:11 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:09 PM, ngman7 wrote:

A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

a guy who’s Attractive?
And?
everything is gay
you’re being gay right now because you’re obsessing about attractive men on TV telling you to buy something you fucking Homo

I'd rather see cute and/or pretty women selling something than a bunch of queer men doing that.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:15:38

At 7/15/21 09:12 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:10 PM, pudgie248 wrote: it really isn't that bad give me the sexy cologne men please. What do you think a gay person looks like? A clean shaven fit man that looks well groomed? Wow so gay being clean and presentable lol. Besides, it sounds like you're the only one fussing about this stuff anyway or you're in a small group of people who feel this way.
Do you want to see someone like Boy George or RuPaul appearing in ads for men's cologne?

Sure, it isn't hurting anyone. You're just butt hurt or you actually like seeing hot men on tv but you don't wanna look gay so you fuss about it lol

BBS Signature

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:17:08

Do you want to see someone like Boy George or RuPaul or Richard Simmons appearing in ads for men's cologne?

Uhh yeah, I don't see the problem with a man who is gay or bi appearing in men's cologne ads. At least just respect them. There is no problem with these men appearing in the ads.

BBS Signature

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:17:34

At 7/15/21 09:15 PM, pudgie248 wrote:
Do you want to see someone like Boy George or RuPaul appearing in ads for men's cologne?
Sure, it isn't hurting anyone. You're just butt hurt or you actually like seeing hot men on tv but you don't wanna look gay so you fuss about it lol

I'm a Christian and I am not gay. I like women.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:21:05

At 7/15/21 09:17 PM, ngman7 wrote:

"I'm Christian gay bad sinning ya da ya da blah blah blah" shut your sky daddy mouth real quick. You do realize that judging people is a sin right? Like you of all people should know this. So basically you yourself are sinning if you really think about it.

BBS Signature

At 7/15/21 09:19 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:14 PM, ngman7 wrote:

A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

a guy who’s Attractive?
And?
everything is gay
you’re being gay right now because you’re obsessing about attractive men on TV telling you to buy something you fucking Homo
I'd rather see cute and/or pretty women selling something than a bunch of queer men doing that.
Women are gay because they like men and liking men is something only Homo Fags do
Like you’re doing right now
Obsessing over men, who are the target audience for Cologne, and their appearance in these commercials
Stop being gay dude

I know a homoerotic-looking man when I see one. Seeing them in ads for men's cologne is offensive. I'm not gay. It's normal for men to like women.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:24:39

At 7/15/21 09:21 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
What the hell is wrong with Richard Simmons?!
He exercises?
Oh no!

Oh you know who that is. My mother is a Christian and she can't stand to look at him. He is openly gay. He has gone on talk shows and flirted with other men.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:25:19

I'm confused. How are these commercials gay?

At 7/15/21 09:25 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote: I'm confused. How are these commercials gay?

Not THOSE ads. Listen to the video I posted a link to.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:28:41

At 7/15/21 09:23 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:21 PM, pudgie248 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:17 PM, ngman7 wrote:
"I'm Christian gay bad sinning ya da ya da blah blah blah" shut your sky daddy mouth real quick. You do realize that judging people is a sin right? Like you of all people should know this. So basically you yourself are sinning if you really think about it.
I bet this dude has masturbated and eaten pork before
this fucking POSER wants us to listen to him miss read the Bible
The verse was in reference to Pedophilia not Homo Butt secks

Honestly, I feel like he's the type of person to say that Allah isn't the same as jesus too lol

BBS Signature

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:28:44

Using homoerotic-looking men to sell a men's product is NOT going to make me want to buy the product.

At 7/15/21 09:21 PM, ngman7 wrote:

A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

a guy who’s Attractive?
And?
everything is gay
Women are gay because they like men and liking men is something only Homo Fags do
Obsessing over men, who are the target audience for Cologne, and their appearance in these commercials
Stop being gay dude
I know a homoerotic-looking man when I see one. Seeing them in ads for men's cologne is offensive. I'm not gay. It's normal for men to like women.

I mean, At least respect people who are in a same sex couple. It's not even a sin for a man to be gay. Although in Islam, it's not haram, but the homosexual acts are haram. Muslims and Christians choose to respect people who are LGBT.

BBS Signature

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:31:51

At 7/15/21 09:26 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:25 PM, JerseyWildcard wrote: I'm confused. How are these commercials gay?
Not THOSE ads. Listen to the video I posted a link to.

Or I could just watch the actual commercials and form an opinion by watching them, instead of taking the word from North Carolina based radio hosts.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:39:30

At 7/15/21 09:37 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:29 PM, VampireKisses17 wrote:
At 7/15/21 08:57 PM, ngman7 wrote:
Hi. You often see men's cologne being advertised through various means - through TV commercials, in online ads, in magazines, sometimes in little adverts in the magazines, on billboards, on the sides of buildings, in brochures you get in the mail, etc.

A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

a guy who’s Attractive?
And?
everything is gay
Stop being gay dude
I mean, At least respect people who are in a same sex couple. It's not even a sin for a man to be gay. Although in Islam, it's not haram, but the homosexual acts are haram. Muslims and Christians choose to respect people who are LGBT.
He’s still in denial about being in the closet.
Thats why he’s obsessing over ads that feature attractive men in it
He can’t handle his pure cut Christian penis getting hard at the sight of the men in the commercials and their breedable butts on his CRT TV he’s had since 2003

Don't worry, we at the alphabet mafia community will accept him once he's out 🥰

BBS Signature

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:40:50

At 7/15/21 09:32 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:28 PM, ngman7 wrote: Using homoerotic-looking men to sell a men's product is NOT going to make me want to buy the product.
WHAT THE HELL DOES A STRAIGHT MAN LOOK LIKE THEN HOMO

YOU SEEM TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT WHAT A FAG LOOKS LIKE GAY BOY

I like WOMEN especially White ones and Asians. I'm not gay.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:42:28

A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

a guy who’s Attractive?
And?
everything is gay
Stop being gay dude
I mean, At least respect people who are in a same sex couple. It's not even a sin for a man to be gay.

That is not true. God calls homosexuality an abomination in the Book of Leviticus.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:46:20

At 7/15/21 09:42 PM, ngman7 wrote: That is not true. God calls homosexuality an abomination in the Book of Leviticus.

iu_358723_8405675.gif

Another thread derailed by OP's homophobia.

And here I thought we could have a talk about what exactly is homoerotic about the cologne commercials.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:46:44

At 7/15/21 09:44 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:40 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:28 PM, ngman7 wrote: Using homoerotic-looking men to sell a men's product is NOT going to make me want to buy the product.

YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND SILLY GAY BOY
WOMEN LIKE PENIS SEE
AND IF YOU LIKE PENIS THAT AUTOMATICALLY MEANS YOUR GAY
IF YOU LIKE PUSSY THAT MAKES YOU A LEBANESE AND BEING A LESBO MAKES YOU GAY SO YOU CANT ESCAPE BEING A HOMO LITTLE GAY BOY

now just accept that you’re being gay

What part of "I like White chicks and Asian chicks" did you not get?

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:46:57

At 7/15/21 09:42 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 7/15/21 08:57 PM, ngman7 wrote:

A Fag?
A Crossdresser?
A Bear?
A Twink?
A Buff Hunk?

a guy who’s Attractive?
And?
everything is gay
Stop being gay dude
I mean, At least respect people who are in a same sex couple. It's not even a sin for a man to be gay.
That is not true. God calls homosexuality an abomination in the Book of Leviticus.

I ain't gonna repent to Sky Daddy, I ain't getting that religious trauma <3 And that's why I became ✨atheist✨

BBS Signature

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:49:23

At 7/15/21 09:48 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:46 PM, ngman7 wrote:

WOMEN LIKE PENIS SEE
IF YOU LIKE PUSSY THAT MAKES YOU A LEBANESE AND BEING A LESBO MAKES YOU GAY SO YOU CANT ESCAPE BEING A HOMO LITTLE GAY BOY

What part of WOMEN LIKING PENIS IS GAY did you not get?
if you like Women that makes you gay because they are gay for liking penis
its that simple
stop being in denial gay boy

Lust is a sin. You can like women and not lust after them.

At 7/15/21 09:49 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 7/15/21 09:48 PM, SleepyAss54 wrote:

WOMEN LIKE PENIS SEE

What part of WOMEN LIKING PENIS IS GAY did you not get?
if you like Women that makes you gay because they are gay for liking penis
its that simple
stop being in denial gay boy
Lust is a sin. You can like women and not lust after them.

How is women liking penis "gay"? The Bible says the marriage bed is undefiled. The only place God blesses sex is between man and wife.

The Word also says God will judge the sexually amoral and the impure.

Response to About advertising for MEN'S cologne 2021-07-15 21:55:54

WOMEN LIKE PENIS SEE

So what about perfume commercials featuring the opposite sex? Those have attractive female models selling perfume and cosmetics to other women. Is that homoerotic or to you, that does not count? Are they the same as the cologne commercials with male models selling to other men?