00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BBS Posters You Remember from Your Early Days on Newgrounds

198 Views | 10 Replies

There's been no shortage of colorful characters over the years on Newgrounds, so just out of curiosity what significant posters do you remember from your first few years of Newgrounds? By this I mean posters who were active at the time (i.e. a regular) or made an impact of some sort. Course this means it includes both good and bad users alike as I'm sure like it or not we all each contribute to shaping Newgrounds history in what little ways we can, if not by being part of projects then by shaping the users.

Well, a good portion of us that is, I'm not counting of course the users who just sign up to view content and decide not to interact with anyone or fork over money to either the artists or the site.

And of course, how are such users from those early days doing now? After all, talking about what they did in the past is only half the story. I mean yeah, sure, there's your side of the story vs. their side, but you know what I mean right?

Though if they're the bad sort of user you probably don't need or want their side of the story

At 7/12/21 03:02 PM, UggoSonno wrote: During the late 2000s when I was anonymous non account user I was playing Pico’s School

I meant posters you remember from when your account started, not really about whatever you were doing before then. For new users of the present, this thread is about what posters stick out to them.

SamPercy

I did browse the forums a bit before finally posting. The ones that stuck out to me were the NG couple DrunkGecko and JimmyBiscuit.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

@staticskull

he was a fucking cunt

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

The day I joined. I was a little shy to do bbs so I just stuck with games and movies. It took me about 2 maybe 3 months to actually start posting here and since I've got settled in it's been pretty smooth.

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

At 7/12/21 03:25 PM, UggoSonno wrote: Uuuuuuhhhhh Wegra DrunkGecko Purpleshoes JimmyBiscuit Zymbot DamnedByFate and others

Weird to think I belong to the old guard now.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

I would have to say @MrNiceGuy

Never run from whats in front of you

At 7/12/21 04:00 PM, DrunkGecko wrote: @staticskull
he was a fucking cunt

Yeah, and he's still being a cunt on his new account, @DrunkGecko

We do a little trolling

BBS Signature

At 7/12/21 06:25 PM, AceHilm009 wrote:
At 7/12/21 04:00 PM, DrunkGecko wrote: @staticskull
he was a fucking cunt